FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    True... however, some people also just like to express their preferences when it comes to payware add-ons.
    Believe me I am for bringing up what we like and don't like -- I was pretty vocal about how the Razbam Harrier flies like crap while most people were pleased as punch with it and were more than willing to make excuses for it. But here, someone says Iris makes interior panels that look like plastic, then, when they put dust and scratches on the displays they complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Believe me I am for bringing up what we like and don't like -- I was pretty vocal about how the Razbam Harrier flies like crap while most people were pleased as punch with it and were more than willing to make excuses for it. But here, someone says Iris makes interior panels that look like plastic, then, when they put dust and scratches on the displays they complain about that.
    Agreed - some tend to be over the top with their complaints. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and downright complaining. However, I don't think we need to walk on egg shells when it comes to criticizing payware developers. When you're paying your hard earned money, you can and should expect high quality.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I just saw the interior shots of the displays. i love them.

PS: I fully intend on purchasing the PC-21 as soon as I can after it's available.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Now available !

THIS PRODUCT IS A SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER AND IS NOT THE COMPLETED FINALISED PRODUCT.
    PURCHASERS OF THIS PRODUCT WILL BE ENTITLED TO A FREE UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION WHEN
    RELEASED AT NO EXTRA COST.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...products_id=20

Interesting !

VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Now available !

THIS PRODUCT IS A SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER AND IS NOT THE COMPLETED FINALISED PRODUCT.
    PURCHASERS OF THIS PRODUCT WILL BE ENTITLED TO A FREE UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION WHEN
    RELEASED AT NO EXTRA COST.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...products_id=20

Interesting !

VaporZ

I'll wait for the full version....who wants to fly a plane with no cockpits and blacked out windows.......uuuuggghhh

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I'll wait for the full version....who wants to fly a plane with no cockpits and blacked out windows.......uuuuggghhh
    I will do the same !
    Waiting for the full priced version.

I have big hope for this FSX Payware project but I am a little bit disappointed with IRIS's marketing approach about it !

I will then buy another "Christmas" paware.
    Probably the MilViz T-38 Talon

VaporZ

i got it

Blog Entries
    As much as I am looking forward to this aircraft, I will wait. I can't see spending $30 for a half finished neutered product.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    As much as I am looking forward to this aircraft, I will wait. I can't see spending $30 for a half finish neutered product.
    +1

and why on earth is a product you have to pay for time limited ?????

Quote from the product page: Time limited to 1 hour use

Maybe David was going to release it as a demo, changed his mind and made it a beta but forgot to remove that line on the web page. It would be very difficult to test a beta release with a time limit.

Dave

Blog Entries
    The PC-21 is being developed for fsx/combat pilot. That one hour limitation may be within combat pilot, I dont know for sure, but that would be my guess..

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    As much as I am looking forward to this aircraft, I will wait. I can't see spending $30 for a half finished neutered product.
    Its a DCS fashion. Buy beta stage and recive full product when it will be finished.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its a DCS fashion. Buy beta stage and recive full product when it will be finished.
    That may be. However, I stand by my earlier comment. I will wait rather than buy a half baked pie.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Agreed I'm also waiting for the complete product!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Anyone heard what the actual reason for a 1 hour time limit is?

Dave

Hi,

I don't agree with all the Iris marketing, but this time, I don't understand the critics. If you see the offer as a demo, it's expensive. But if you see the offer as a pre-order, it's very fair : 25% discount, and something to look at, instead of waiting informations on the FB page... For example, I've paid to pre-order the VRS Tac Pack and receive nothing for a long time, plus 6 months of demo version, and I found this also perfectly fair.

The other good news is that there's a quality control team, something that wasn't sure on other Iris stuffs (I'm still disappointed by the launch of the Spartan, but that's the past).

On the other hand, Iris take a risk by letting people make comments about a very limited version, which lacks some of the essential stuff for the immersion (especially the sound, but also the systems). So, I decided to preorder, without using the demo... and I've resisted half an hour...

My first impressions are good, considering that the informations about the limitations are sufficient on the vendor site.

The 3D model is a great success : the beauty of the PC21 is there, without a doubt. Animations that are present are nice. That part is already a plus for our simulation world, IMHO. We were missing this plane. I'm a little bit less positive about the textures : the one provided is fictional and very nice, but the reflections are much too high, and the bumpmapping also, on the wings and the main fuselage.

Inside, despite the limitations of the demo, the first things are good surprises. The 3D is very convincing again, as you can see on the photos on the FB page. You've already a very nice and fluid Hud, and the sole PFD is very convincing : there's a great work to match the look of the real one, which is very characteristic. But there are still things that are perfectible : too much scratch on the displays (visible if they are off), and a texturing too simple on some parts, especially some knobs that seems to come from the Iris Texan, some texts, maybe the explosive line in the canopy... But maybe is this due to the limits of the demo version, again. The impression of the cockpit of the real thing is very special : that's swiss quality : very solid, clean, well assembled. At this stage, this one doesn't give that look. On the other hands, all the actual Pilatus are brand new...

The most important : despite the limitations, we already have a plane very fun to fly. It's less powered than I expected, especially for the take off, and maybe less nervous in flight, but it's precise, very reactive on command (maybe a little bit too much). It seems less "alive" than a A2A mustang, but close of what you can expect of a modern turboprop trainer.

I didn't notice FPS hit, but maybe some stutters, but the testing time was too short to conclude that it's the plane...

My conclusion : that's a very promising add-on, most probably "state-of-the art" comparing to today's products, and a good witness of the constant progression of Iris. We can hope an add-on very interesting to fly, and a toy very fun to use in our simulator. I don't regret the risk of preordering (but I was sure ti buy it, so...)

PS : hope my english was understandable...

Quote Originally Posted by wapanomi View Post
    Hi,

I didn't notice FPS hit, but maybe some stutters, but the testing time was too short to conclude that it's the plane...
    Was your time too short because the demo ended it or you just got tired of flying. Does it really only allow 1 hour of run time?

Dave

My purpose was to say that the performance needs to be tested in various conditions, to be sure that a problem come for the add-on and not the environnment : meteo, scenery,...

And yes, one hour of use, it's the way it's supposed to work...

Just over the nest (Buochs) :

And far from it (Grand Teton National Park) :

Blog Entries
    Welllll, one thing you have to admit is that this market strategy is putting off some long time customers, and merely pissing off the rest.. I dont think its Davids most brilliant move.. Congrats on the PC-21.. Jose did a spectacular job on it.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Welllll, one thing you have to admit is that this market strategy is putting off some long time customers, and merely pissing off the rest.. I dont think its Davids most brilliant move.. Congrats on the PC-21.. Jose did a spectacular job on it.

Agreed....I think the better move would have been to release the BETA version we've seen being flown by some.....and then upgrade to the full version but....maybe its just me. Sorry....the $10 you save isn't worth the 1 hour flight time. Seems to me to be a funding issue more than anything else for IRIS.

The new preview video of PC-21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fAgbxElrJEU
    Very nice done.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The new preview video of PC-21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fAgbxElrJEU
    Very nice done.
    It's dated 19th december , so it's kind of new but not 'THE new'

Hi again!

Many new shots of incoming Pilatus: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5552415&type=1 Plus new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hkgQDRPekaQ

My favorite:

Members who have read this thread: 117