FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations

This is a very very good news.

This "beauty" is already used by Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates ( first deliveries completed )
    and Singapore ( from RAAF Pearce, Australia ).

Lest hope for the future that some will also be based at RAF Linton-On-Use under a public-private
    contract for the Royal Air Force.

Please share any informations you have about this Iris Project for FSX !

In the meantime, take a llok on this Iris facebook page :
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5552415&type=1

Very interesting !
    This one is now ont the top of my "to buy" budget listing !

VaporZ

Yes!

Very Good News!

Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I for one am looking forward to the possible repaints Mr. Zolts is gonna do for it.

Is there a safe online place to fly an do possible dog fights? Recently a few of the more recent planes like this one would seem so cool in mock dogfights.

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    OMG.... I loved Piglet's rendition of this little monstrous ship. I can't believe Iris will be doing an FSX version. I don't care; I'm gonna have to drop whatever they price it at. One of my favorite planes, given my name representing the fact that I love just about everything from that company.

However, the PC-21 is just a turboprop bullet with wings. I always used to call it the "Air Shark". Great news indeed. :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

I just found a first video / raw footage of the Iris FSX Pilatus PC-21 to come
    flying from Stans-Buochs Airport ( The Pilatus Factory ) in Switzerland !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNra...eature=related

Just one word : WoW !!!

This beauty is on top of my "mandatory buying" list !!!

VaporZ

seems IRIS has alot on thier plate right now....on their facebook thy are talking about a bunch of turboprop planes like the Merlin.

It's too bad they never followed up their excellent T-6 with a B variant. Would have been fantastic to see them take it to the next level. This will be a must buy next Christmas, along with their Mudhen.

Matt

Any news about this PC-21 project ?

VaporZ

This project seems to be still alive !

Here is some new images including interesting liveries and a new test video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cleFd...ayer_embedded#!

For future repaint projects be aware that current real customers for the PC-21 include now :

Switzerland ( Emmen ),
    Singapore ( Pearce, Australie )
    United Arab Emirates ( Al Ain )

plus

Saudi Arabia for 55 x Pilatus PC-21 from Bae Systems ( Riyad King Faisal Air Academy ),

and a brand new customer :

Qatar for 24 x Pilatus PC-21 !
    http://www.air-cosmos.com/defense/le...e-pilatus.html
    http://www.airforcesdaily.com/2012/0...ers-24-pc-21s/

Interesting !
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

The Swedish airforce are currently looking into buying the pc-21 as a replacement for the Saab 105 that has now reached the far limit of it's lifespan. Maybe someone can do a "what if" paint for this one in Swedish colors when it's released?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SWE View Post
    The Swedish airforce are currently looking into buying the pc-21 as a replacement for the Saab 105 that has now reached the far limit of it's lifespan. Maybe someone can do a "what if" paint for this one in Swedish colors when it's released?
    Please Peter transmit this info to the IRIS Simulations guys on their facebook page !

Its here :
    http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

Imagine a Pilatus PC-21 with fully colored national markings, orange dayglo numbers and a Sweden "Splinter Camo Scheme" like the "Camo JAS-37 Viggen" ! ! !
    It would be superb !!!

:salute::salute:
    VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Please Peter transmit this info to the IRIS Simulations guys on their facebook page !

Its here :
    http://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

Imagine a Pilatus PC-21 with fully colored national markings, orange dayglo numbers and a Sweden "Splinter Camo Scheme" like the "Camo JAS-37 Viggen" ! ! !
    It would be superb !!!

:salute::salute:
    VaporZ
    Thanks for the idea but i don't have enough info to back up my statement up to "go official" so i will leave this one to the tallented repainters at SOH.

I was told this by one of the airforce officers that manage the public Gripen simulator at the flygvapen (Airforce) museum in Lidkoping, Sweden. The Saab 105 will reach the end of it's lifespan in 2017 so by then we will need a new trainer. Saab has specified to the airforce that even thou the Gripen is built to be extremely easy to fly so it is possible to "quickschool" pilots during wartime the two seat Gripen is not a trainer. It is a requirement that the pilots are schooled in a proper trainer that won't fly itself like the Gripen does. Therefor there is a need to replace the Saab 105 with another trainer. Therefor the Swedish airforce is looking into different trianers and the PC-21 is one of them.

Saab are currently negotiating a deal to sell the Gripen to a couple of countrys, Brazil and switzerland among others so my personal guess is that if Switzerland buys the gripen, Sweden will buy the PC-21. If Brazil buys the Gripen, Sweden will buy the Super tucano. Ultimatly it will come down to politics.

On another personal note about the "Gripen flyes itself". If the airforce Gripensimulator is anything like the real deal, and i hope it is since they train fighterjocks in it, the Gripen is really easy to fly. I only have two hours of flighttraining in realworld Lightsports but after oniy 30 minutes of training in the Gripensim i flew simulated combat missions. For example there is a stright and level button on the stick, No matter what attitude the plane is in, push this button with your pinky and the Gripen will return itself to stright and level flight. There is no trim so the computers fly the plane in the direction the nose points at.

Now i will go and grab another beer, stop ranting and let's go back on topic.
    :salute:

One of my younger cousin who is a senior pilot on Bombardier Challengers and Global Express for "Qatar Executive"
    at Doha, told me a few days ago by eMail, that the 24 x Pilatus PC-21 for the Qatar Emiri Air Force include :

16 x PC-21 for the brand new Qatar Military Air Academy
    and
    8 x PC-21 for a National Aerobatic Demo Team of six plus two spares and that this team will
    be painted with Nationally Owned "Qatar Airlines" colors, with the famed national emblem "Oryx"
    gazelle logo, just like one of their 4 x C-17 Globemasters.

I mentionned this on the IRIS Facebook page and ..... a few days after .... just look out below what the IRIS
    repainters have done with this "very serious rumor" from Doha, Qatar !

Wow !
    This IRIS Simulations Pilatus PC-21 for FSX will be a hit !

VaporZ

This fictional will too be available for our PC-21:

We pretty much are toying with different schemes.

Jose.

Humm !

13 x thumbnails already ready covering versions for :

Australia
    Greece
    Iris
    Mexico
    Qatar
    Great Britain
    Saudi Arabia
    Singapore
    Spain
    Switzerland 2010
    Switzerland 2012
    United Arab Emirates
    Us Air Force

Take a look here :

Interesting !
    Vaporz

Blog Entries
    and, weve gone full out on all aspects of development.. with official documentation from pilatus and pratt and whitney, to members of the raaf and rnzaf testing for us as well as pilot reports this promises to be the most accurate aircraft ever developed by Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    and, weve gone full out on all aspects of development.. with official documentation from pilatus and pratt and whitney, to members of the raaf and rnzaf testing for us as well as pilot reports this promises to be the most accurate aircraft ever developed by Iris.
    So it could be, IMHO, one of the most important fsx add-on of all times ! I litterally learn to fly FS9 on the Iris PC9, which takes me around the world. Those turboprop are the good compromise between GA and advanced airplanes. They can do everything you want, except carry passenger. I can't wait...

And if someone talented could give us a decent Buochs, with the traffic light working ( ) ), it will be perfect !!

Excerpt from my december journey to Switzerland... Bad picture, outstanding souvenir !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by wapanomi View Post
    So it could be, IMHO, one of the most important fsx add-on of all times ! I litterally learn to fly FS9 on the Iris PC9, which takes me around the world. Those turboprop are the good compromise between GA and advanced airplanes. They can do everything you want, except carry passenger. I can't wait...

And if someone talented could give us a decent Buochs, with the traffic light working ( ) ), it will be perfect !!

Excerpt from my december journey to Switzerland... Bad picture, outstanding souvenir !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At Buochs / Stans Airport there is a public road crossing the taxiway between the main runway
    and the Pilatus Aircraft Factory ! Your photo have probably been taken at the yellow arrow I
    put on the following picture.
    VaporZ

Awesome plane outside.. inside still really "plasticy" like all previous models from iris. Will have to pass again on this. Just not real life lookalike inside. unfortuanaltely I spend 99% time inside and rather odd occasion might have and outside view. So inside is what matters to me not how good it look outside. It can fly how good and have how good a flight model, I like to feel what I see in front of me to reflect real instruments and real surfaces.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    Awesome plane outside.. inside still really "plasticy" like all previous models from iris. Will have to pass again on this. Just not real life lookalike inside. unfortuanaltely I spend 99% time inside and rather odd occasion might have and outside view. So inside is what matters to me not how good it look outside. It can fly how good and have how good a flight model, I like to feel what I see in front of me to reflect real instruments and real surfaces.
    By "plasticy" I guess you mean unreal looking, since I would assume all modern aircraft have a lot of plastic in the cockpits. Why are you making the decision to pass on an airplane that hasn't even been released yet?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    At Buochs / Stans Airport there is a public road crossing the taxiway between the main runway
    and the Pilatus Aircraft Factory ! Your photo have probably been taken at the yellow arrow I
    put on the following picture.
    VaporZ
    Precisely there ! The taxiway that links the airport to the factory cross a public road, and there are traffic lights that the pilot can change with the radio. I had the great luck to see the approach of the PC21, so I went to the place to see this outstanding plane crossing the road. That made my day !

Blog Entries
    ok, before anyone starts beating up on iris too hard, i will say one thing in their defense.. Any images you see, and in fact the entire plane, is still in alpha development.. dont be too quick to judge. there just may be some surprises there..

btw. that is one exceptionally awesome picture.. thank you for sharing it

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    The PC-21 hasn't even been mapped inside the cockpit/VC much less received any textures, those are just materials from the modeling program. I wouldn't worry about that then mate! LOL!

Jose.

@warchild : thanks for your appreciation.

Warchild, Joanvalley, ok for the informations. I guess the difficulty of the texturing because the pictures (see the internal pictures on the Pilatus site) of the PC21 give the impression that the assembly is close to perfection...

But I note a bad news in your posts : we must wait some times to have it...

To let you know my impatience, here's a picture of the PC9 I'm flying with ...

So... Patience is a virtue...

Blog Entries
    The PC-21 has been a very interesting aircraft for Jade Island.. As is usual, we took all the lessons learned from previous aircraft and applied them to the development of this aircraft, but it was the willingness of Pilatus and other organizations to share information with us that really made things happen. To be honest, after working on the Su-37, the F-22 and the Yak-130, I wasnt thrilled about doing a prop driven conventional aircraft, but the more we researched this aircraft, and the more we discovered, the more it became something very new and different.. It flies like a jet, handles like a jet, takes off and lands, like a jet. it has a 200 degree per second roll rate and climbs at over 4000 feet per minute.. It really is an amzing little aircraft..

Members who have read this thread: 117