FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX Pilatus PC-21 from Iris Simulations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wapanomi View Post
    @warchild : thanks for your appreciation.

Warchild, Joanvalley, ok for the informations. I guess the difficulty of the texturing because the pictures (see the internal pictures on the Pilatus site) of the PC21 give the impression that the assembly is close to perfection...

But I note a bad news in your posts : we must wait some times to have it...

To let you know my impatience, here's a picture of the PC9 I'm flying with ...

So... Patience is a virtue...
    :::LOL:: I love it.. That lil PC-9 has been around a while. Stay tuned, good things a comin..

Warchild, Joanvalley, ok for the informations. I guess the difficulty of the texturing because the pictures (see the internal pictures on the Pilatus site) of the PC21 give the impression that the assembly is close to perfection...

Yes my friend, patience is a rare virtue nowadays, but also, if you love the PC-9 and are still flying that dated model, you'll be very happy in the near future, very, very happy.
    Pam: kudos for working your butt off (I say this with love! ) on the PC-21 FDE, you're making it one of a kind and that means special, we're very close to nailing it aren't we? Just keep throwing FDE's my way and I will keep "bitching" about them . Saludos dear!
    Jose.

Blog Entries
    yeah, we are.. frighteningly close.. no, seriously, it scares me.. we have reached that point in development now, where every change made in the fde is to the detriment of another entry. That only starts happening when youve gotten everything within 98% of exact.. Those last two percent are terrifying, and difficult too find.. I'm gonna cross test in P3D as it points up my errors a lot more readily than FSX does. from there i can modify the fsx version. I know your busy with modelling on it, and david is away taking care of business, so nothing is coming in for feedback at the moment and i'm taking a couple days off to get a working copy of oblivion installed ( it keeps blowing up with the last update.. grrr ). I'm also going to be doing a 100% clean install of P3D as well.. I'm not really satisfied with the install i did this morning.. i think my entire machine needs to be put on meds to get it to cooperate with me for once ::lol::Too much weird **** happening in the background ( but no viruses oddly ).. I DID take the pc-21 up in p3D before i decided i wasnt happy with the install.. I need to recurve the 15 and 20 degree pitch curves for the prop.. I'm not at all happy there.. everything else seems pretty decent over all..

That skin is awesome, is it public? If so, where can it be found?

Quote Originally Posted by swimeye View Post
    That skin is awesome, is it public? If so, where can it be found?
    Thanks for the appreciation.

No it's not yet public. I done it a few years ago, but modify this or that everytime I think to publish it. But I will do and let you know. These are inspired by the former swiiss paint of the PC21, and I made also a "canadian" version to fly over north america...

That will help our waiting of the work of warchild and joanvalley... That I thank to give us some hope...

Btw, joanvalley, yes I still fly the PC9, even if I'm more on my P51 or superbug... But that's a first love, and I think those monoturboprops are perfect planes for fs. So, you're right, everything in that room will make me happy. I wait the upgrade of the Texan II announced by D. Brice, but most of all a pc21. So, keep on the good work !

Blog Entries
    ok, props recurved, mach drag adjusted. we now have smooth, linear acceleration all the way from zero to 300 knots.. Max speed is 323 knots level, and max drop in a loop started at 300 knots is 100 knots fully loaded.. the plane flies like an F-86.. its easy to forget your in a prop..
    I also recurved the elevator efficiency. The PC-21 is capable of doing semi-controlable flat spins coming out of a stall. untill an hour ago, that was the one thing our version could not do. Now, we can do it.. Paul and I will keep working on the fde so that it flies as close to exact as is humanly possible.. I think you will all find this to be a simply amazing lil plane..

wapanomi: Thank you for your answer, and I am looking forward to both the Swiss and the Canadian versions =)

Warchild: The more you tell us about the PC-21 the more I am looking forward to it. One of my best sim experiences was with Piglets PC-21. To do it for FSX was an awesome choice by Iris =)

Any news about the availability date for this "Digital Spitfire of the 2000 Plus" for FSX
    from Iris Simulations ?

My credit card is ready !
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

One month later ......

Any news about the release date of the Pilatus PC-21 for FSX from Iris Simulations ?

Thanks for any info about it
    VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    One month later ......

Any news about the release date of the Pilatus PC-21 for FSX from Iris Simulations ?

Thanks for any info about it
    VaporZ
    Yup! There are screenshots of the now textured VC at the IRIS Facebook page right here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/irissimulations

Cheers!

Jose.

someday........:isadizzy:

Will Iris Simulations release this Pilatus PC-21 for FSX ?
    Or Not ?

Don't you think it could be interesting to have a direct answer from Iris
    Simulations about this project ?

Waiting !

VaporZ

It will be released, it's being worked on at the moment mate and sorry but no release date yet, the PC-21 will be a great add on but it takes a bit of time. THX!

Jose.

Holiday Present

One always as to keep in mind that the holidays are just around the bend. If I were too give myself a holiday gift, I know which aircraft it would be! (What else can I do to encourage the release?) Thanks IRIS team for this aircraft. A worthy successor to my T-6 Texan II!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    It will be released, it's being worked on at the moment mate and sorry but no release date yet, the PC-21 will be a great add on but it takes a bit of time. THX!

Jose.
    Thanks for this quick answer Jose !
    It is really appreciated !

By the way, for your information, many french aviation magazines are confirming that French "Armée De l'Air" will be a Pilatus PC-21 customer
    as soon as 2014-2016 timeframe.

Part of the current AlphaJet training syllabus will then be transfered to the PC-21 at Cognac Air base under a "public private program" ( PPP )
    just like the Canadian "NFTC" program at Moose Jaw Air Base !

Tours air base will be closed, leaving all advanced AlphaJet training to be concentrated at the Belgian/French "AJeTs" program at Cazaux Air Base.

AlphaJets will eventually be replaced at Cazaux's "AJeTs" by Alenia M-346 Masters in a joint venture including "Masters" from France, Belgium and
    Singapore plus for any future other interested participating Air Arms.

( Please Iris Smulations think of an Alenia M-346 Master for FSX )

Then, remaining french AlphaJet trainers will "soldier on" for the "Adversary Role" at Dijon Air Base and for the famed aerobatic
    "Patrouille De France" at Salon De Provence Air Base.
    VaporZ

Blog Entries
    I recall seeing a recent Facebook post by David that he hoped to get it finished next month. Whether that happens or not .....?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Someone was working on the Yak-130, which the M-346 is mostly a copy of. I know it's not the same, but you could still paint it as such.

New pictures was added:

http://www.facebook.com/irissimulati...rissimulations

Nice VC with scratches and dust on MFD.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

never seen such straight lines / symmetrical scratches on every single glass in the same cockpit ever.. not really authentic

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    never seen such straight lines / symmetrical scratches on every single glass in the same cockpit ever.. not really authentic
    Maybe there'll be an option to turn the scratches on/off (like Carenado has). I personally like non-reflective, non-scratched glass surfaces. I find them generally too distracting. Mostly transparent glass with just the ever so ssssslightest hint of wear, tint, and reflection for me please.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Some people just love to complain...

True... however, some people also just like to express their preferences when it comes to payware add-ons.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Looks like many a glass panel I've seen on 737's and A320's - that is before I clean the dust and fingerprints off.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 117