Duxford Freeware
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duxford Freeware

Duxford Freeware

Incredible freeware IWM Duxford scenery by ACG at FlightSim. It is the best Duxford I have ever installed. Comes with all necessary AI planes and optional Air Show files. Super easy auto-install.

Huge thanks to Stephen Legg and John Young.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

""Huge thanks to Stephen Legg and John Young.""
    From me too!
    Really an amazing little scenery,go and get it!
    Michael

Videre Vincere Est

Download is slow. Gives me time to remove other egsu-stuff first.
    Stephen Legg and John Young, you are heroes! :salute:
    Thanks.

Screenshots anyone?

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Here's a few I posted over at CBFSim

Attachment 51313Attachment 51314Attachment 51315

Superb scenery.

Edit: these pics have the airshow extras enabled. You can also choose to just have an "everyday" Duxford without the marques, crowds etc.

fantastic, thanks to all involved! Finally I can re-create some of my finest Duxford Flying Legends airshow memories from the past years.
    My A2A Spitfire has a new home now... .

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Excellent!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi

I'm one half of the duo that created Duxford, on behalf of John and Myself thanks for the kind words. We hope you enjoy using Duxford as much as we have had building it.

Please pop along to our forum and drop us a word or two we would appreciate it.

Regards

Stevo (Stephen Legg)

I have installed the scenery and AI and am loving it - thanks so much guys (and gals?)

I was actually saying to my wife this aspect was missing from FSX after we went to an airshow together and now here it is !

All the AI on the ground is showing at level 3.

No AI is in the air at the alloted times. If I choose 8:00am local and wait there is nothing.

All my AI from Orbx and WOAI work (note all my WOAI are in FSX format)......note sure what could be wrong.

So I scanned the root FSX directory using AI Flight Planner. Still no FS9 flight plans found.

Any ideas?

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I installed this yesterday.
    Here I am in Ant's little beauty following that P-47 out onto the active...IIRC.. it was around 0803..local..

Attachment 51364

Blog Entries
    Many thnaks, that looks a really nice place to fly warbirds from.

Regards,
    Ian.

Fantastic! Thanks a lot for this beautifull scenery
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

That one looks really nice, but can anyone tell me how it affects frame rates? This rig is pretty old, so I can´t usually combine complex aircraft and complex scenery... Thanks allready.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Mr.Mugel

Your system is very similar to mine and I have no problems with FPS - fantastic scenery BTW and thanks very much

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    That one looks really nice, but can anyone tell me how it affects frame rates? This rig is pretty old, so I can´t usually combine complex aircraft and complex scenery... Thanks allready.
    Hi

Well we designed both version with performance in mind and it was very important that it runs well.

The following system is what we used as a base line for FPS so anything faster than this will have no problem

P4 3.2ghz CPU (Single Core)
    2Gb DDR2 Memory
    512mb Nvidia 7600 GS
    DirectX 9c

But slower systems than this also get good frames per second a 2.2ghz system is getting almost the same as the above system.

Regards

Stevo

Thanks Stevo....time to download:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Awesome scenery Stevo...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

First, thank you for the beautiful scenery.
    I have installed it manually.
    But where is the trick with the AI ​​aircraft.
    There is no plane around.

Where must
    Addon Scenery \ IWM Duxford ACG FSX \ Traffic files
    be installed ?

1. The individual aircraft folders and their sub folders are in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder.
    2. The file “Traffic_Duxford1_FSX.bgl” is in FSX\scenery\world\scenery folder.
    3. AI is enabled in the sim and the level is very high.

Attachment 51437

Thanks
    Bernhard

thanks steveo

this is an outstanding package

Having AI problems as well. Everything is where it should be and I have other active UK AI nearby so it is not a rogue FS9 Traffic bgl. Traffic sliders are at 100% but I only get a pair each of Rapide's and Tiger Moths.

Super scenery.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Regards,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Very nice job!
    Attachment 51448Attachment 51447
    Thanks.

Nevermind, incorrect info.

Thanks Tufun, it seems the AI is tied to the Arliner Traffic level which I had at 8% (as per my usual). I don't know why but I had it in my head that it was tied to GA Traffic which I keep at 35% normally. I set both to 35% and all worked well.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

This is the Duxford scenery I had always hoped for there to be - I've been enjoying this scenery immensey. It is just amazing to see such attention to detail in every aspect of the airfield, air show, and AI components, to be just as it really is. I found myself just enjoying sitting on the ground, watching as Sally B and a couple resident Mustangs taxied by and took off, while a little while later, a Tiger Moth was doing its thing. On a test flight from the field, I found myself behind the Spitfire Mk.Ia, as I taxied to the active. Really spectacular work, and what a thing to experience!

Attachment 51465Attachment 51466Attachment 51467Attachment 51468
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

"Setting the traffic sliders to 30% will kill all the default traffic, but all the historic aircraft in the packs to display." (PDF)

I haven't disable MyTrafficX and works fine.

Here' the schedule for the AI aircraft (PDF)...

Attachment 51469

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Fantastic Stuff!
    One of my most favourite places on earth, in fine detail....I'm sitting up on the tank bank with a long lense waiting for the show to start, munching a burger!

This is as John stated, the Duxford we have all been hoping there would be!

Many thanks for all the hard work!

Old Warden next?

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com