'I Love This Theme Song (And The Movie Too!)

Thread: 'I Love This Theme Song (And The Movie Too!)

'I Love This Theme Song (And The Movie Too!)

I thought I was the only one who liked this film! Welcome to the club Panther.

Of course this film used another song later in the film as well ......

Andy

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Lazenby V. Connery

Agree with you both re: the music. My own opinion is Lazenby would have been a very good Bond indeed if the producers had never settled their dispute with Connery. IIRC Connery was holding out for an increase in salary or commission or whatever from each film, and of course management was saying no - they wanted to show him he was nothing special and put out this film w/Lazenby in the lead, which flopped - and Connery won his case. The audience won Mr. Connery's case for him as well as his own acting ability, they had accepted him as "Bond" and no one else could take his place. If you leave that aside, and look at Mr. Lazenby's portrayal of Bond on its own, he did a very creditable job. Too bad about the Contessa; if she had survived and they had written her into future scripts, with her adventurous bent she would have made a fine practical backup for Mr. Bond as well as providing a feminine side to the series. Of course, given his personal proclivities, and her own rather considerable combative tendencies, the legal scrimmaging in divorce court would have been vastly amusing as well!

Diana Riggs. 'Nuff said.

I just checked this out of the library last week and was very surprised how well it held up, and this is from a huge Sean Connery fan. Part of it is definitely Diana Rigg. I love me some Mrs. Peel, and when I say "love" I mean LOVE, L-U-V. (Bonus no-prize for whoever can tell what that line is from.) I agree that George Lazenby suffered unfairly for not being Sean Connery.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    I agree that George Lazenby suffered unfairly for not being Sean Connery.

JAMES
    But, in retrospect, at least he wasn't Roger Moore!!
    Andy