OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages

Thread: OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages

OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages

I am happy to announce that today OwlAI has released the first four F-104 packages of the Ralf Kreibich Collection. For the time being they will be only available from the download center of The Owl's Nest. Every package has its installer, which will offer you to install into FS9 and/or FSX. If you feel paranoid about installers you can choose to extract everything into your %temp% folder - but then its your turn to put everything where it belongs.

You will find a Canadian, a German, an Italian and a special US package, the later containing the Starfighter Display Team and some NASA paints.

Please have a look into the documentation - a link will be created in your start menu under The Owl's Tools / Owl-AI. It contains a bunch of eye candy screen shots and all the credits that need to be given. My special thank goes out to Ray Parker, who was testing and painting and testing and painting and... Ray, it is a pleasure to work with you - I hope we will continue like this in future

Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW & UKMil Reference
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

been waiting on this, and Ray does great work, too

Yep, Ray is a great guy and a magic painter.
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

Thanks for remembering us FS9 pilots... :salute:

The nice thing is that it works for both worlds.

By the way, I just released the Japanese F-104 package.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Wow, Thanks Martin. Been watching/waiting for this for long time.

Hope we can get some retro schemes, also.

Thanks much. :ernae:
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I have installed all of the 104 packages for FS9, but can't seem to find a traffic file? any ideas .... I'd like to know how to get them flying out of their respective airbases ... Mike

Hi Mike,

I will release flight plans for both FS9 and FSX soon - I will announce it here when I am done.

Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW & UKMil Reference
    Cheers,
    Martin

I have uploaded the release V 1.10 of all packages. New are the Belgian, the Danish and the Netherlands package. The US package has been enhanced with the 434th TFS RED DEVILS, the 198th TFS Puerto Rico and the 83rd FIS Taiwan.

Changes - Read with care:

1. The F-104 flight model is from here on solely that of Mike MacIntyre. Ray has asked me to stop releasing his model.
    2. The lights referenced in V 1.0 were Shockwave's. This version comes with light made by Mike - thanks again, Mike!
    3. I have harmonized all aircraft.cfg. Not only the technical section, but as well the [fltsim.x] sections where I have enforced a title standard.

For that reason, the new installer will remove the last installation. If you have made any changes that you want to keep, you must make a copy of it before running the new installer. Also if you have made any fllight plans chance is that they will fail with the new version (if the title has changed). I know this is most inconvenient, but better now than any later. It will not happen again with any model in future

I am also sorry but due to all these changes and a heavy real life work load the flight plans are still not ready for release. I hope to have them ready soon.
    Cheers,
    Martin

I have uploaded Version 1.11 of the F-104. This version only fixes the light section.
    Those who have Version 1.10 installed should download a small update package (OwlAI-F-104-Ver-110-to-Ver-111-Light-Fix). It contains the correct aircraft.cfg for all released packages. You have to copy them yourself.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Members who have read this thread: 1