Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st !
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st !

Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st !

Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" will be launch in public, at the "6ième Mondial de la Simulation"
    event, on saturday October 1st, at the "Musée de l 'Air et de l'Espace", Le Bourget Airport on the neibourhood
    of Paris, France
    !

During this launching event, this Freeware FSX "Rafale Marine" will be made available for free download on
    the "French Air Force" website here :

http://www.frenchairforce.fr/news.php

You can follow the past progression of this freeware project on the following french forum :
    http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...356868#p356868

Thanks to Thor's Hammer for this beautifull freeware project !
    :ernae:
    VaporZ

Looks really good! just seems to read that there no VC though... Least i can try and mod in the other certain rafale VC

There used to be a VC...did he end up canning it?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    VaporZ, can you go to post #1443 at http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...p?id=4619&p=58 and translate please. Seems to be discussing a VC mod.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Thor's Hammer is alluding to the fact that there WILL be a VC. He's not previewing it though. It will likely be a surprise for everyone on the release day. Tomorrow. Been following this for a long time. Excited for it definitely!

I confirm there will be no VC for the moment !

Take a look at the picture below
    No VC !

VaporZ

Looks like my french is a little rusty....should have used Google...lol I will certainly "borrow" a VC from my hangar...

Yea, it did have a VC under development when I saw it last year but I guess I didn't post any pictures of it on my preview page. Well, we've had to merge in a temporary VC as we've successfully done before -- Kawasaki T-4 for example.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    I confirm there will be no VC for the moment !

Take a look at the picture below
    No VC !

VaporZ
    Ha! Wouldn't that be no WC?
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Ha! Wouldn't that be no WC?
    Yes but in France and / or in french language it is pronounced
    "VC" ( Vay Say ).

Explaining this french "gag" picture !
    :mixedsmi:
    "Vay"-Porz

now I need a crash course on how to 'borrow' a VC.......

anyone?

anyone?

Bueller?
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

which VC?

Etendard?
    Rafale Rollus?

Can anyone explain how to merge a VC?

And...having Laborie's Rafale does it worth to merge its VC with Thor's plane?
    May we have a Rollus vs Thor's pro & cons?

Thanks.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It is available! (But only a slow Megaupload...)

May try to merge in the default F-18 VC later...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Easy enough..

How to add the default Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet VC to the Rafale:

1. Go to the FsX\Simobjects\airplanes\A-18\model folder and copy the file FA-18_interior.mdl to the FsX\Simobjects\airplanes\Rafale M 3x1275litres\model folder.

2. Open the model.cfg in the Rafale M 3x1275litres\model folder and add the line 'interior=FA-18_Interior'.

3.Copy all texture from the FA-18\texture folder except the ones that start with FA-18_Wing and FA-18_Main to the Rafale M 3x1275litres\texture folder.

4.Copy the panel.cfg from the FA-18\panel folder and paste it in the Rafale M 3x1275litres\panel folder, replacing the original one.

All other variants of the Rafale are aliased to this particular model (Only the aircraft.cfg's differ to reflect the weight of each version) so you will only have to do steps 1-4 once.

5. In the aircraft.cfg of each variant, replace the [views] section with this:

[Views]
    eyepoint=11.524, -0.00, 3.246
    zoom=.5

6. Go fly!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Is anybody else seeing a red navlight effect where the launchbar attachpoint is? (see attached pic)

Attachment 49278

it stays with the aircraft in flight and won't turn off with the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Is anybody else seeing a red navlight effect where the launch bar attach point is? (see attached pic)
    it stays with the aircraft in flight and won't turn off with the lights.
    Dave, that light also shows up in one of the shots they posted on their site, so apparently either they know it's there and haven't been able to fix it (or can't) or they just missed it somehow.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hmm, I've narrowed it down a bit.

I had merged in the default F18 VC, so I tried removing that and the light has now gone.

Will have to try a different VC.

File name says "Rafale M Beta 2.1" so guess the final one with VC is some time away.....

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    It is available! (But only a slow Megaupload...)

May try to merge in the default F-18 VC later...

Tried a different VC and that worked OK.

Didn't really suit the aircraft though, so I went a bit drastic. I hex-edited the F18 interior model & changed the fx_navred to something else. Works fine now

Thor says in the doc "Last thing, I'm sorry to have taken so much time, for so less results."

Thor, Many, Many Thanks for the Rafale. I will wait till you come up with a final package that you produce. Till then your gift is more than good...

Wishing you all the very best.....

FF

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Tried a different VC and that worked OK.

Didn't really suit the aircraft though, so I went a bit drastic. I hex-edited the F18 interior model & changed the fx_navred to something else. Works fine now
    I noticed the light too, but didn't think it would be related to the VC... Strange that it doesn't show up in the F/A-18 but it does in the Rafale! Might have to try a different VC too but I doubt I have anything suitable..

This comes off the F-18

I fly with the F35 VC/Dino's) and its not there

Does the Rafale really bank that quick?With 3800 liter in external tanks?

Other then this (BETA !! ) Stunning exterior

Roland

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    If you can merge the Dino F35 VC can you share how? I'd really like to give this Rafale a Arctic work out.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fantumfan2003 View Post
    File name says "Rafale M Beta 2.1" so guess the final one with VC is some time away.....
    FF
    Being a fully bilingual "Québecois" and reading Thor's Hammer remarks on the following french
    forum, I confirm to you there will be other future versions/updates including a fully workable
    Virtual Cockpit.

French forum is here :
    http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...p?id=4619&p=62

I will gave you some news from this forum when they will be significant.

VaporZ

Members who have read this thread: 8