Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st !

I haven't changed any key/joystick mapping for the flaps function. Flaps work normally on other aircraft.

I understand how the canards and flaps are mixed. However, the flaps are always down, no matter what. (airspeed, attitude, flaps deployed/stowed, etc.). The flaperon animation does work but I have not been able to get the flaps to retract.

It is interesting to see the canards move exactly opposite when the speed brake is deployed (move to the trail position) but the aircraft DOES slow down (like it should).

I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the VC I'm using (Mirage 2000)
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Thanks I will give that a try, it was probably a one time thing but it was a high level warning something to do with a adware Installer from a website called 5million friends or something like that.
    Update... went through your site and it worked fine thanks for the advice!
    Update2 Totally worth it now to try the VC edits
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Try this...

I've been told that going through my website seems to avoid the nasty malware. So follow the links
    from the October 1 entry on the "What's New" page. That will take you to the Rafale listing page and
    from there to the FAF site. And from there to the download page. A long trip but hopefully worth it.

I also added a "Direct" link to the megaupload page to save a step.

Hope this helps.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Thanks I will give that a try, it was probably a one time thing but it was a high level warning something to do with a adware Installer from a website called 5million friends or something like that.
    Update... went through your site and it worked fine thanks for the advice!
    Update2 Totally worth it now to try the VC edits
    Glad it worked.

5 million friends, huh? Wish I had 5 million friends who would send me a quarter, fifty cents, even a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    I haven't changed any key/joystick mapping for the flaps function. Flaps work normally on other aircraft.
    If it is an airbrake input, it wouldn't show in flaps in other aircraft as they aren't usually mixed surfaces, but it would show in something like the F18 that does something similar except using the rudders.

I understand how the canards and flaps are mixed. However, the flaps are always down, no matter what. (airspeed, attitude, flaps deployed/stowed, etc.). The flaperon animation does work but I have not been able to get the flaps to retract.

It is interesting to see the canards move exactly opposite when the speed brake is deployed (move to the trail position) but the aircraft DOES slow down (like it should).
    Weird

I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the VC I'm using (Mirage 2000)
    I'm using the Etendard cockpit without any problems, I think it just replaced an alias to the lear jet so I don't see it matters what cockpit you use.

What is the way to land this beautiful plane ona carrier ?

I am trying unsuccessfully to land it on the Charles de Gaulle v.2.0 by Rooster and also using aicarriers2.

I try to maintain about 115kts with 30% on-board fuel

Thanks for the tips

FF

Got to say very poor, I know it's the Beta, but after the Rollus model this is very much lacking! Great for freeware users though!:salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Well, since no seemed to have any thoughts on my flaperons/canards issue I decided to try the F-18 cockpit.

Now the flaperons/canards work properly but I get the fx red light by the NLG.

Hmmmm......well now I'll try the Etendard cockpit......

I've got the Etendard IVM Cockpit going on the Rafale, and it works for me without any issue. The Red light is gone. All control surfaces work properly. Just note. The refueling probe switch in the cockpit controls the Fuel drogue extend/release on the 2 tank model.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I've got the Etendard IVM Cockpit going on the Rafale, and it works for me without any issue. The Red light is gone. All control surfaces work properly. Just note. The refueling probe switch in the cockpit controls the Fuel drogue extend/release on the 2 tank model.
    Thanks for the tip on the drogue-It a came out in flight and could not figure out how to retract
    RIck

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

with the payware Rafale VC added i think its a guage causing the flaperons to droup down, as i rem'd out the guages in the copied panel.cfg and they operated perfectly. i havent figured out which guage is causing the issue yet...

While trying to find leads on how to land this Rafale on the CDG I noted that the AoA is 16 deg just before touchdown and I am pretty sure they are also using an Auto Throttle system similar to the Superbug. The 16 deg AoA means that the nose is so high that you can barely see forward ( I am not able to at all using the FSX-A Hornet F18 pit for v/c)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

FF

Quote Originally Posted by fantumfan2003 View Post
    I am trying unsuccessfully to land it on the Charles de Gaulle v.2.0 by Rooster and also using aicarriers2.

I try to maintain about 115kts with 30% on-board fuel

Thanks for the tips

FF

[YOUTUBE]wKrNyimOXfM[/YOUTUBE]
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Is anyone getting the leading edge slats to go down for takeoff? If so what cockpit did you use? That may be the key.

I only see them move when in flight at low speeds. I mucked around with adding a [flaps.1] section in the aircraft.cfg file but that didn't work.

My thinking is the LE and TE flaps as well as the canard issue is tied to a particular gauge that is dependent on which cockpit you use.

My thinking is the LE and TE flaps as well as the canard issue is tied to a particular gauge that is dependent on which cockpit you use.
    Yeah thats the same conclusion i came to earlier... Just havent had time to figure out which one in the other Rafale Panel.cfg it is

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post633070

Working on a repaint of Rafale M F1 No.2 of Flotille 12.F in autumn 2005.
    The tail decoration was to commemorate this aircraft's 1000th flight hour.
    Trying to tone down the reflectivity of the spec layers now.

Attachment 49733

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Working on a repaint of Rafale M F1 No.2 of Flotille 12.F in autumn 2005.
    The tail decoration was to commemorate this aircraft's 1000th flight hour.
    Trying to tone down the reflectivity of the spec layers now.

To get rid of the excess shine, I delete all alpha's from the textures, then made the specular bitmaps darker with less contrast. The canopy rail is tricky, I could not find it's specular bitmap but I finally got it right by changing the MDL LOD 01 38 specular from 229 to 40.

Attachment 49744

Blog Entries

Enlighten me please...

Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    Yes but in France and / or in french language it is pronounced
    "VC" ( Vay Say ).

Explaining this french "gag" picture !
    :mixedsmi:
    "Vay"-Porz
    '
    Vraiment en francais ca serait "double ve", n'est pas? Mais comme en italien, on dit "vu vu vu" pour w.w.w.
    que doit etre "doppia vu doppia vu doppia vu" [which is apparently cumbersome to say ]
    I am a US Army officer who retired and lived in Italy for many, many years and speaks Italian fluently...
    Unfortunately, my French dates back to high school days in the early 50s... I am not really a true "francophone"...
    so enlighten me if I am wrong... I was surprised by the pronunciation of "ve" for W... how do you pronounce
    the letter V in French nowadays? [I have noticed that in contemporary times many things change in both
    French and Italian... English stays pretty much the same... (save for those Americans who murder English with
    things like.... answering "I'm good" when asked "How are you"... lol - which should be "I'm well"... the adverb
    NOT the adjective.. Spanish also has changed with the times... Je etait ne' en Argentine... et l'espagnol etait ma langue primaire...
    Mais, quel dommage, maitenant il est aussi change' beaucoups...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Vraiment en francais ca serait "double ve", n'est pas?
    My grandmother used to say "double vay say" for WC, but most of us shortened it to "vay say" (VC), you know, like "going to the 'loo" instead of the longer version... Funny thing, here in Quebec we say "bécosse", it comes from "back house"...

Is this the right topic for this? Actually yes! Virtual cockpit (VC) swapping in the Rafale... haha

Attachment 49758

Attachment 49759

Dino's F35 VC + Rafale splash screen by amentiba (pilote-virtuel.com)
    http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=30097

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    To get rid of the excess shine, I delete all alpha's from the textures, then made the specular bitmaps darker with less contrast. The canopy rail is tricky, I could not find it's specular bitmap but I finally got it right by changing the MDL LOD 01 38 specular from 229 to 40.
    Thanks hschuit. That's easy enough to do. I'll give it a try.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Anyone up for a paint challenge ?? RCAF 425Sq?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Did spot this "what if" repaint this morning at Flightsim.com.
    A fictitious Força Aérea Brasileira wrap-around camo scheme.

Attachment 49795

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thanks for the HU frank. The Brazil one has a home with me. Now to figure out the Dino F35 merge.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Blog Entries

new words everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    My grandmother used to say "double vay say" for WC, but most of us shortened it to "vay say" (VC), you know, like "going to the 'loo" instead of the longer version... Funny thing, here in Quebec we say "bécosse", it comes from "back house"...

Is this the right topic for this? Actually yes! Virtual cockpit (VC) swapping in the Rafale... haha

Attachment 49758

Attachment 49759

Dino's F35 VC + Rafale splash screen by amentiba (pilote-virtuel.com)
    http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=30097

By the way... for an ignorant American... what does "loo" originate from... you said a longer word?...

Dino's VC in Thor's Rafale

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    ...Now to figure out the Dino F35 merge.
    Try this: update the Rafale model.cfg file like that (the one in the "Rafale M 3x1275litres" folder)

Code:
    [models]
    normal=rafalem
    interior=..\..\F35A\model\JSF2
    And inside each texture folder, update the texture.cfg like this:

Code:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\F35A\texture.clean
    Update the view point in aircraft.cfg: eyepoint = 13.5, 0.0, 1.5

And copy the F35 panel folder to the Rafale folder... That's it! Worked fine for me... Hope it's clear enough, and I didn't miss something...

Attachment 49812

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    what does "loo" originate from... you said a longer word?...
    This is british english spoken by kids, I assume it's coming from "lavatory"...

Members who have read this thread: 8