Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thor's Hammer FSX Freeware "Rafale Marine" ! October 1st !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Easy enough..

How to add the default Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet VC to the Rafale:

1. Go to the FsX\Simobjects\airplanes\A-18\model folder and copy the file FA-18_interior.mdl to the FsX\Simobjects\airplanes\Rafale M 3x1275litres\model folder.

2. Open the model.cfg in the Rafale M 3x1275litres\model folder and add the line 'interior=FA-18_Interior'.

3.Copy all texture from the FA-18\texture folder except the ones that start with FA-18_Wing and FA-18_Main to the Rafale M 3x1275litres\texture folder.

4.Copy the panel.cfg from the FA-18\panel folder and paste it in the Rafale M 3x1275litres\panel folder, replacing the original one.

All other variants of the Rafale are aliased to this particular model (Only the aircraft.cfg's differ to reflect the weight of each version) so you will only have to do steps 1-4 once.

5. In the aircraft.cfg of each variant, replace the [views] section with this:

[Views]
    eyepoint=11.524, -0.00, 3.246
    zoom=.5

6. Go fly!
    Thanks!

I'm going to try and merge the Roland Laborie Mirage VC with this one.....
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Please post your process steps! I was thinking of doing the same thing! Merged the FA-18 VC but also got the annoying red light! Also thinking of trying out the FSD YF-23 pit to see if that works...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ok that's it. It's time to whip out the Rafale I bought a while back and merge.
    http://secure.simmarket.com/rlaborie...t-rafale.phtml

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I am going to wait until it is uploaded elsewhere. My Norton blocked an intrusion attempt when on the megaupload site.

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    I am going to wait until it is uploaded elsewhere. My Norton blocked an intrusion attempt when on the megaupload site.
    According to the author's readme file it is only to be distributed via FAF and
    they are pointing to megaupload. Unless Bruno moves it elsewhere you'll need
    to educate your copy of Norton.

:ernae:

For those of you adding a VC and are looking for a fix for the red/green NAV light in front of the nose wheel... Go to your Main FSX effects folder\texture folder and find the fx_2 Bitmap Image and rename\remove\delete it... Make sure you back it up... I have a folder in my effects folder called 'disabled effects\texture' for files I remove or disable...

Ive used a number of different VCs for testing tonight and all of them were fine after removing or renaming fx_2 bitmap.. Im not sure whatelse fx_2 is used for, but you can disable it to fly Thor's Rafale and then place it back into your Main FSX\effects\texture file and your good to go when flying other ac..

Currently Im using Roland Laborie Mirage VC and it works flawless...

Creeps..
    www.throttleback.net

x Creepy:
    does it worth? (to merge rollus VC I mean).
    Is the external model truly better? Maybe the flight dynamics, or simply we think there will are more liveries?
    Is everything working? In particular the approach auto throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    If you can merge the Dino F35 VC can you share how? I'd really like to give this Rafale a Arctic work out.
    You copy the JSF2.MDL from F35-->model file
    You edit the model.cfg like this

[models]
    normal=rafalem
    interior=JSF2

You copy from F35 the full panel folder and the texture folder(rename it to texture.vc) into the Rafale folder-->DONE

You have to edit the view section of the aircraft cfg to your liking

Roland

Well I like both the Rafales and its nice to have more than one to choose from. For me I think its worth it if you want the VC.. If your not in a hurry then you might wanna wait till Thor's VC is complete. I dont like having a VC that shows another AC other than the one Im flying. I think it works well with Thor's and if you have it then its an easy fix..

Not sure about the approach auto throttle..??

Both Rafales offer theyre own unique styles, they look great and fly pretty well ... Thor's freeware one is great, but for me without a proper VC and not one from the F-18 or F-35 I wouldnt bother.. Since I have both I have a choice and having choices is a good thing...

Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy847 View Post
    For those of you adding a VC and are looking for a fix for the red/green NAV light in front of the nose wheel... Go to your Main FSX effects folder\texture folder and find the fx_2 Bitmap Image and rename\remove\delete it... Make sure you back it up... I have a folder in my effects folder called 'disabled effects\texture' for files I remove or disable...

Ive used a number of different VCs for testing tonight and all of them were fine after removing or renaming fx_2 bitmap.. Im not sure whatelse fx_2 is used for, but you can disable it to fly Thor's Rafale and then place it back into your Main FSX\effects\texture file and your good to go when flying other ac..

Currently Im using Roland Laborie Mirage VC and it works flawless...

Creeps..
    www.throttleback.net
    I'd think several times before doing that. The fx_2.bmp is used by a lot of effects, not just on the aircraft.

Great screenshot dvj:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Then I guess I don't get it if doesn't come from a site that I can trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    According to the author's readme file it is only to be distributed via FAF and
    they are pointing to megaupload. Unless Bruno moves it elsewhere you'll need
    to educate your copy of Norton.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I'd think several times before doing that. The fx_2.bmp is used by a lot of effects, not just on the aircraft.
    Thats why I said to back it up and replace it when your done flying Thor's Rafale.. Yes it is used for alot of different light effects, but as you can see from my post its a pretty simple fix for a complicated issue if you want to have a better VC without having UFO lights in front of the AC (wheels up or wheels down) or in your screen shots\external views.

Navigate to: C\Microsoftgame\FSXmain\effects\texture\ rename fx_2 to default_fx_2 or remove it and place it in folder called disabled textures located in the same folder. Fly Thor's Hammer Rafale! Now your done flying go back to the same folder remove the word default_ from default_fx_2 so the file now reads fx_2 and place it back into your C\Microsoftgame\FSXmain\effects\texture folder and fly your other AC with the proper lghting... That would take the average simmer about a minute to do and I feel is well worth the loss if you even notice.

Anyone that knows me knows I spend my time helping folks not trying to lure them into damaging theyre software..

R\S

Creeps..

You could also remove / rename the fx_navred.fx file in the effects folder. That would give the same result but you would only loose the default red nav light.

My own solution was to open the FA-18_Interior.mdl in notepad++ (not MS notepad) and search for fx_navred. I changed that to read fx_navrep and saved. No more floating red navlight & all the other lights work as they should.

Well, I am having one devil of a time trying to add a VC...

Here's what I did: ( I'm trying to use the VC from Rollus' Mirage 2000)

1.) I added the mir2000d_interior.MDL file to the 'Model' folder

2.) I added "interior=mir2000d_interior" to the model.cfg file

3.) I copied the entire panel folder from the Rollus' Mirage 2000 D and replaced the panel folder in the Rafale M 3x1275l folder

4.) I copied the texture.shared folder from the Rollus Mirage 200D and added it to the Rafale M 3x1275l folder and renamed it to "texture.VC"

No joy on the VC. I do get the Mirage 2000's 2D panel but no VC.

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It is possible you'll need to adjust your view point. Try moving the POV around to check if the VC is perhaps in a different position than your eye point is.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    It is possible you'll need to adjust your view point. Try moving the POV around to check if the VC is perhaps in a different position than your eye point is.
    That did it!

Changed the [VIEWS] section of the .cfg file to the the same values as the Rollus' .cfg file [VIEWS] section;

[Views]
    //eyepoint =9.0, -0.00, 2.20
    //eyepoint =8.5, -0.00, 2.60
    eyepoint =8.5, -0.00, 2.70

Thanks very much. :salute:

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    You could also remove / rename the fx_navred.fx file in the effects folder. That would give the same result but you would only loose the default red nav light.

My own solution was to open the FA-18_Interior.mdl in notepad++ (not MS notepad) and search for fx_navred. I changed that to read fx_navrep and saved. No more floating red navlight & all the other lights work as they should.
    Thx Dave Ill give that a shot to...

Creeps.

Thanks Thor
    very very good model, textures etc
    I'm enjoying flying your Raf with F18 VC (BTW When original own VC ????)
    Italo

Then I guess I don't get it if doesn't come from a site that I can trust.
    Try this...

I've been told that going through my website seems to avoid the nasty malware. So follow the links
    from the October 1 entry on the "What's New" page. That will take you to the Rafale listing page and
    from there to the FAF site. And from there to the download page. A long trip but hopefully worth it.

I also added a "Direct" link to the megaupload page to save a step.

Hope this helps.

I have Norton as well and I received no warnings........

OK some other issues.....

1.) The flaperons are always down..... the flap function won't cause them to raise.

2.) I don't have any elevator trim. I can't trim the plane for level flight...

3.) the canards are always in the 'down' position....that is the leading edge of the canard is up and the trailing edge is down......even in straight and level flight.

4.) after takoff and above 250 KIAS I have an aural tone in the cockpit...not sure what it is indicating.

5.) what sort of speed brake does the real Rafale have? I deploy the speed brakes and the canards level out and the plane slows but that's it...

thoughts?

ideas?

With the flaps down, the canards point upwards, like you mentioned. When the speedbreak is used, they level out.

With the flaps up, the canards are level, and with the speedbreaks, the canards point downwards.

Walter

Speedbrake on causes the canards and flaps to deploy, it might be that you have the speedbrake / spoliers mapped to an axis (I do for gliders), which may be resting in the opposite phase causing a 'speedbrake' event

Members who have read this thread: 8