J-57 engine sounds for A-3 Skywarrior

Thread: J-57 engine sounds for A-3 Skywarrior

J-57 engine sounds for A-3 Skywarrior

Please i need some help trying to find good sounds for my J-57 engines for the Skywarrior. Thanks for the help

Try the B737-200 sounds at AVSIM. Search under "real deal" in the fs2004 library. Also take a look at the sounds at Historic Jetliners Group they have some files there that may work.

http://www.simviation.com/hjg/downloads.htm

I use the 737-200 sounds myself as it has that high pitch whine over the exhaust roar. Having worked on the roof with VQ-2 out of Rota onboard and later at Pt Mugu, for me this is close enough for gov't work. Actually my hearing is pretty much shot because of working on the flight line and roof for far too long.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

The DC8-61 sounds at historic jetliners group work better IMHO. It's the same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    The DC8-61 sounds at historic jetliners group work better IMHO. It's the same engine.
    Tried that one earlier today on my A-3, you're right sounds better, but like I said, working the flight deck and flight line for 18 years along with gun ranges and rock shows pretty much trashed my hearing so I really can't hear the higher freqs like I used to.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

I hear (?) you. I always kept one ear covered whenever I had to do turns at VQ-1 and AEWBARRONPAC. Left ear is shot but the right ones works pretty well. The DC8-61 sounds at historic jetliners group seem to do a good job.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Members who have read this thread: 2