RAZBAM Proudly presents - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Proudly presents

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    The Kingfish! OMG that would be amazing! I'm behind you on that request Pam!
    as am i as i must take some of the blame for Pams obsession for the Kingfish

I've got some repaintability questions...

Is there a PSD paint kit available? Is the fuselage mapped to be one solid piece length-wise, or is it split up? Is the tail the same scale as the fuselage in the texture?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I've got some repaintability questions...

Is there a PSD paint kit available? Is the fuselage mapped to be one solid piece length-wise, or is it split up? Is the tail the same scale as the fuselage in the texture?

Thanks!
    Kiwikat, the repaint kit is one "all in one" layered kit. All parts are split up and to the same scale.

Cheers,
    Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Hey Pete..i guess that if you fly it "clean" roll rates would be faster, but as any delta, it will bleed speed pretty fast on turns..also, it got short "legs" so watch out that burner usage! :-)

Prowler
    Roll rate won't be effected by rolling along it's roll axis, as it is not a turn!! Delta wings do have a fast roll rate due it's short wingspan. They do however bleed of speed as mentioned during a turn.

Cheers,
    Hank

Blog Entries
    Wellll, i set the roll rate to about 270 degrees per second. Thats faster than a tomcat, slower than an F-18, but approximately normal for the average fighter aircraft of that era..

another thing that i just thought of.. if you havent flown my fdes before, they arent like other peoples fde's.. If you move the stick a little, the planer rolls a little, if you yank it, the plane will leave your head somewhere behind.. i try to give as much surgically accurate control to the pilot as possible, mostly because i like doing really stupid things in planes, and without that level of controllability, i couldnt have any fun..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Wellll, i set the roll rate to about 270 degrees per second. Thats faster than a tomcat, slower than an F-18, but approximately normal for the average fighter aircraft of that era..

another thing that i just thought of.. if you havent flown my fdes before, they arent like other peoples fde's.. If you move the stick a little, the planer rolls a little, if you yank it, the plane will leave your head somewhere behind.. i try to give as much surgically accurate control to the pilot as possible, mostly because i like doing really stupid things in planes, and without that level of controllability, i couldnt have any fun..
    Well, you can do plenty of crazy things with this airplane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    Well, you can do plenty of crazy things with this airplane.

and to think.. What do i do for relaxation?? Manage a hub for a VA ::lol::they get a lil silent when i do weird things like below..

Attachment 47388Attachment 47389

This aircraft looks so good, I am just stunned that it was not bought by other Navies and Air Forces, worldwide too! HINT, HINT to any repainters that want to go a little wild with their imagination and not encounter the wrath of some 'purists' within the hobby!!

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    This aircraft looks so good, I am just stunned that it was not bought by other Navies and Air Forces, worldwide too! HINT, HINT to any repainters that want to go a little wild with their imagination and not encounter the wrath of some 'purists' within the hobby!!
    ....I saw this arrival on the horizon.....

One of many WIP's.........

Cheers,
    Hank

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    You should be in our contest..

Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    You should be in our contest..

Prowler
    I already am........

Cheers,
    Hank

What deal on this bird Thanks Prowler and RAZBAM Team

Attachment 47451 I just love this era Paint

I'd quite like to see an Indian navy version for some reason, don't really know why lol!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

When I remember how to do the alpha, I might finish this, but at the moment I can see US Navy markings under the RN ones!
    Norwich, a fine city.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ok as im getting ready to buy this beautiful what if concept I have a few ?.
    Is this a PIA to start or does it have a quick method?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Ok as im getting ready to buy this beautiful what if concept I have a few ?.
    Is this a PIA to start or does it have a quick method?
    None of our aircraft are a PIA to start. In this case you can use the default Ctrl+E to start the engine.

In aircraft like these, the engine starters are located in the throttle, usually a set of buttons that are not accessible in FSX. This is why for the Kestrel you only need to use Ctrl+E

This one is on my list of purchases for sure during the coming weeks after some mandatory $$ work PC upgrades/maintenance. All the accolades here and my great satisfactions with the A-7E/D purchase, I know it will be a long time staple in my FSX hangar. Makes me think back to the memories I had of upcoming designs in the mid to late 1970's like the original B-1A, YF-16A, YF-17 Cobra, etc. The exterior and cockpit layout certainly capture that atmosphere so to speak.

Beautiful work!

Attachment 47497

Thats a really cool plane...

116 Sqn - 969 F/A-201A "Lavi" ()

Almost done..... (more pics on the RAZBAM forum)

Cheers,
    Hank

Hank,

That's really excellent .

Nick
    Norwich, a fine city.

2 Jets just remembered Lavi and LCA ( India), might spark a thought or two! Us massive imperialist guys might have started thinking about the upcoming world, Pakistan have a quite smart looking jet coming into service too looks alot like this one!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Great looking paints guys:salute: I love this bird!

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    When I remember how to do the alpha, I might finish this, but at the moment I can see US Navy markings under the RN ones!
    Nick, you also have to work on the Convair201_Spec DDS file. Or you can delete that file for the time being and paint another one once a repaint is done.

Cheers,
    Hank

Thanks Hank,

I'm a bit rusty, it's been a while since I did a repaint that I might actually upload.

Nick
    Norwich, a fine city.

I have to paint the Spec files myself, but I'll wait till I'm satisfied with the completed work.

More in production......

And who thought the French did not replaced their Crusaders in the late 70's...

Cheers,
    Hank

Members who have read this thread: 14