Not MIL, BUT Project Airbus A380 with VC Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not MIL, BUT Project Airbus A380 with VC Released!

Not MIL, BUT Project Airbus A380 with VC Released!

see here:
    http://www.pairbus.com/discussion/vi...hp?f=10&t=1568

great model and a nice VC too!

Charter Member 2011
    Think perhaps they got a little rushed with the packaging, to get it out there.
    Despite a "livery installer", there is no way you'd get it working as there are model files missing in the sub-variants.

I cobbled together a Lufthansa version in the end, but could not produce a 2D panel.
    The VC is not bad, though perhaps not in the league of the POSKY B777.

Still, a significant FS9 aircraft, and one that fills a much-needed freeware slot.
    I still rely on my Overland A380 after all these years...

ahh it is a tricky one to set up, you download the base pack which has the base -800 variant (Contains the main model files) and 3 other main variants folders 841, 842 and 861 if i recall, when you download a texture from there it comes with an auto-installer, if you drag that into corresponding model folder then run the BAT file, she's all set, the .cfg automatically gets written for that paint. no 2D but with a VC this nice.... wowzers.... i'm already touring with the thing

No problems for me getting it together.Did a bit of a "airshow" from both inside and out,very nice!
    For me this ones a keeper!

just need some great sounds now which really nail the '380 shriek' as heard here (56s mark, very distinctive sound to me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEkvhX6YpQ

Nigel, ο φίλος μου .....

What an odd sound, like my hound when I accidentally stood on her tail.....
    and a little like me when she sunk her get even fangs into my calf. lol

Not a lover of modern tubeliners, but I will have to hunt this one down and try her out.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

As you know, I'm no "busdriver" ... But this one brilliant !

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I never paid much atention to the previous releases due to the lack of a VC but now that it has one I installed it; I wasn't disappointed!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The exterior:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

BTW the sounds are aliased in an odd way that doesn't work; the variants are aliased to the -800 but that's aliased to the default 737; since you can't 'double-alias' in Fs the sounds do not work. Copying the sound.cfg from the -800 to the others or installing a real soundset in the -800 solves the sound issues.

I downloaded the files from the site Smoothie linked to.

I don't know how to open a '7Z' file. Advise please?

Edit: Found zip files on AVSIM, so I've got it sorted. Thanks.

pf, winrar will open .7z files as well as the usual .rar and .zip files :salute:

Or download and install 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

It's a great and free zip utility that replaced both Winzip and Winrar on my system!

Can't open the 7z file. Doesn't look like a normal zip file.

What does it take to unlock it?

also not with WIN RAR ? Take a look at the (your) settings (also in WIN ZIP)

I tried to open it with what my Windows 7 uses to open files. I don't have winrar, used it one time on my previous computer and it changed the format for every zip file I had to a winrar platform. Then I began getting messages that winrar was not free and stated that I was in violation if I used it any further without paying them.

99% of downloaded models are opened efficiently with what is on the Microsoft operating system. I find it hard to understand why some people try to change zip file program platforms when Microsoft operating platform handles the job very nicely.

I guess I'll pass on this model. It does look to have a very nice VC though.

Thanks.

okay, :salute: there are also 7zip progs for free. But I also don't understand this ... rar and zip are the most usual progs...

The files are also available at Avsim and Flightsim in the usual "zip" format.

Quote Originally Posted by Quax d. Bruchpilot View Post
    okay, :salute: there are also 7zip progs for free. But I also don't understand this ... rar and zip are the most usual progs...
    7-Zip (Check my previous post) can open RAR and Zip files too; the difference is that 7-zip allows for a much higher compression, giving a smaller filesize. Once you get used to 7-zip there's no need for winzip or winrar anymore.

THX Ferry for this information !!! Now I know why...

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    ...Despite a "livery installer", there is no way you'd get it working as there are model files missing in the sub-variants...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    BTW the sounds are aliased in an odd way that doesn't work; the variants are aliased to the -800 ...
    Aah...the model files also are aliased back to the -800 variant.
    If like me, you have no interest in House Colours, and attempted to install say a Lufthansa-only model, it cannot find a model file for it!

I cannot say how much I dislike "installers", especially "cute" installers that do things you cannot fiddle with, or even find subsequently.
    99% of FS9 simmers by now know exactly how to go about installing aircraft. and of them 99% will tweak the installation in some way.
    Making an "installer" to help "incompetent" simmers amounts to insult...and annoys everybody who has to go looking for reasons a perfectly reasonable-looking manual override doesn't work.

And leads to curmudgeonly responses like mine in Post#2.
    Uncalled for in terms of the model... it is a huge amount of work, and a marvellous addition to the FS9 freeware hangar.
    Thanks to those who take the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Aah...the model files also are aliased back to the -800 variant.
    If like me, you have no interest in House Colours, and attempted to install say a Lufthansa-only model, it cannot find a model file for it!
    Actually the house colours have the same problem; the Farnborough house livery works fine though, as do the Qantas and Emirates liveries. Haven't tried the others (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    The files are also available at Avsim and Flightsim in the usual "zip" format.
    That sounds great HorusJ! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomx1 View Post
    That sounds great HorusJ! Thanks!
    Your welcome!

Very nice smooth runnin' heavy! Keepin' this one.

Don't have guages in the VC but that's ok have everything needed for nav in the 2D.

edit:
    I have guages in the VC now after referring the aircraft cfg to point to the panel.pa folder. Before I only had 2D guages which came from the aircraft cfg pointing to the simple, panel, folder which points to the FS9 Boeing 747 2D panel.

Very nice tubeline this one and great to have the VC with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0