Kiwikat's Airventure 2011

Thread: Kiwikat's Airventure 2011

Cool Kiwikat's Airventure 2011

Here's a sample of some of my shots from Airventure 2011. I'll be updating the thread with more shots as the week goes on. You can see more at my flickr photostream found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiwikat88/

Kiwikat, all of these are just excellent! I especially like the night-shots you were able to capture, and the wide-angle view of FIFI. The time-lapse shots are especially cool, as they provide more of a complete picture on the amount of pyro the display aircraft used. My camera has a hard enough time with taking clear photos of flying aircraft (at distance), and it wasn't having anything to do with the night show. : )

Thank you for sharing them, and I look forward to seeing more as you add them!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Nice !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    My camera has a hard enough time with taking clear photos of flying aircraft (at distance), and it wasn't having anything to do with the night show. : )

Thank you for sharing them, and I look forward to seeing more as you add them!
    Not just your camera, that's for sure. With that kind of heat, there is a crazy amount of heat distortion. Almost all of my shots near the ground at any sort of distance ended up blurry. Nothing you can do about it. The night show was fun to shoot. I set up my tripod, manually focused my wide angle, and used my remote shutter clicker. Was able to watch the sky and let go of the switch when I thought it would be good. Definitely a cool experience.

Glad you like them! I've got around 80 more to go through, most of which will get uploaded once they're edited.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Awesome work!! Thank you!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Some great shots there Kkat
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I think I am lifting a few free desktop backgrounds. :icon_twi:
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    I think I am lifting a few free desktop backgrounds. :icon_twi:
    I think there will be some better ones than that to come... especially if you like P-51's or military jets.

If you want one in higher resolution just let me know. I upload all of my stuff online at 1024 on the longest side.

you should send that pic of "Old Crow" to Bud Anderson...i bet he'd like it....or i can if youd like....ofcourse id give all your info to him if you let me know...wont send without you permission yadda .....Dave

Question

Kiwi,
    Whatcha' shootin' with these days :ques: Buddy of mine at work just picked up a 60D...

Nice pics Kiwi, thanks for putting them up.
    Hard to believe that out of the huge fleet of B-29's that pulverized Japan and served well into the 1950's, only one is still flying.