Waco

Thread: Waco

Waco

Can't say I've ever seen one of these. Waco, wouldn't have been my first guess. Unique style...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgc2E...layer_embedded

I have to ask. I know how the town in Texas is pronounced, but is the aircraft manufacturer Waco pronounced "WAKE-oh", "WACK-oh", or "WOCK-oh"???

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I have to ask. I know how the town in Texas is pronounced, but is the aircraft manufacturer Waco pronounced "WAKE-oh", "WACK-oh", or "WOCK-oh"???
    It is pronounced "Wock-oh".

Now I can't wait for the Waco Military Experience at Waco Field in Troy, Ohio.

Hey Paul and Teisco, is this beauty a possible candidate for a project in the far future?
    I took a picture of this SRE a while back when I was at an airshow in Prescott, AZ

It was involved in a mishap in a ditch a little while later, I saw in the hanger afterwards with buckled ribbing punching through the lower wing...very sad sight. If it is the same one in the video, it looks like it was restored.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As a former Texan I know it's pronounced: 'Way-co'. And it's small (but 'Hot'). Like the plane.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Hmm, I had a model of this some time back. Was a casualty of a failed disk. Can't remember where I got it, even. But it was a very nice flyer.
    Hmm, insert your own witty saying here --

Quote Originally Posted by napamule View Post
    As a former Texan I know it's pronounced: 'Way-co'. And it's small (but 'Hot'). Like the plane.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    the airplane name is whock-oh ,,the town is way-co,,,,two differant animals,,,

We eventually plane to model a few Waco Cabins once we get this Heavy Metal kick outta our systems so down the road in the next year or so they may see the light. Best bet is this SRE version since we already have engine / prop models for it plus sounds so.....Best Gil

Awesome Gil, can't wait Yeah you sure have a lot of options for planes with the R-985. Absolutely nothing wrong with a heavy metal kick now and then either

Cheers

TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I read in Flying magazine it rymes with taco.

Looking forward to a SRE Love Waco's open cockpit biplanes. Never really noticed their cabin biplanes. After doing some looking found a few more. Waco certainly did things their way. At first, I wasn't quite sure...but the more I look at the SRE the prettier it looks. Anybody run across any cockpit or cabin pictures ?
    http://www.warbirdinformationexchang...p?f=16&t=36744

That link went straight to the favorites bar Lots to take in
    Thanks, Curt

Here is a Waco RPT for sale, very very rare.
    http://www.controller.com/listingsde...PT/1138047.htm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]