Retro RNAS Fans Ahoy! FS9 Stations work good in FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retro RNAS Fans Ahoy! FS9 Stations work good in FSX

Blog Entries
    Last question ...

Since you're building the models, is there a chance for a "boat" version? If you've been following the AI helo/carrier thread from a few weeks back, you'll see a whole big discussion on retrofitting older carriers such as the Ark Royal IV with a plane guard helicopters.

The only issue (and it's really a small niggle) is that an AI "rotocraft" model's rotor freezes in place when used as a "boat". I don't know if you're too far along to consider a "boat" version of the Wessex, with the rotor rotation built in (like the SH-60 and Allouette III in the Javier Nimitz and RFN Clem, respectively).

Again - no biggie - just a small detail - and if we have to simply use the "rotocraft" model as a "boat" - it'll still be miles ahead of where we are today.

Again, many thanks!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Last question ...Since you're building the models, is there a chance for a "boat" version? If you've been following the AI helo/carrier thread from a few weeks back, you'll see a whole big discussion on retrofitting older carriers such as the Ark Royal IV with a plane guard helicopters.The only issue (and it's really a small niggle) is that an AI "rotocraft" model's rotor freezes in place when used as a "boat". I don't know if you're too far along to consider a "boat" version of the Wessex, with the rotor rotation built in (like the SH-60 and Allouette III in the Javier Nimitz and RFN Clem, respectively). Again - no biggie - just a small detail - and if we have to simply use the "rotocraft" model as a "boat" - it'll still be miles ahead of where we are today.Again, many thanks!dl
    I am not up to speed on this thread, and have no idea about using rotorcraft as boats. With that, i would not know what is needed to make the rotors turn, other than making them turn constantly. After that, I have no idea how to get the model into the sim as a boat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    I am not up to speed on this thread, and have no idea about using rotorcraft as boats. With that, i would not know what is needed to make the rotors turn, other than making them turn constantly. After that, I have no idea how to get the model into the sim as a boat
    It'll be fine just as it is - you can ignore the question. No worries.

Getting it into the sim as a "flying" AI helo on plane guard duty easy - there's pre-determined scripts using AICarriers for this, where the helo is programmed to "sail" in formation with a ship or other ships, at predetermined fore/aft, stbd/port, and height positions relative to the carrier or ship in question - giving an excellent, moving representation of a helicopter flying alongside a ship, with full movement. Pretty cool, actually. That's the easy part.

Thanks again, Gaffer - the immersion possible on both the RNAS bases and ships on account of this package will be significant - huge thanks.

dl

My thanks Also Gaffer I could not have asked for anything half as good as what I'm seeing here I'm so grateful to you for the work you are doing thank you

Kindest Regards

Hooky :salute:

Exclamation Reply...

To all,

The fix by Hooky for RNAS Yeovilton has been included with the original upload now, so I deleted the patch upload from the new library.

Here is the link for the file package: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=109&id=4276
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb