RNAS Retro Pack Released!!!

Thread: RNAS Retro Pack Released!!!

RNAS Retro Pack Released!!!

Hi All,

Its been a long time coming But I've just submitted V1.0 of the Royal Naval Air Stations Retro Scenery Pack into the library so it should be available soon. In this version I have Left out the traffic files until i can get permission to bundle some of the files into a dedicate pack as I feel it will just be too awkward for any newbies to set up!! (Hell I've put it together and I'M confused by it ) Also I have a few issues with the AI at Culdrose Crashing on landing!! However now i have a break from real life getting in the way for the time being I can set to work on rectifying that! Anyway Sorry its been a long wait for some of you and I hope you feel its been worth it Thanks to Ian for all his help and all of you for your support.

Attachment 41193 Attachment 41194 Attachment 41195 Attachment 41196

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=89360&sort=d

Please feel free to leave any feedback on this thread, PM me or email me to the addy in the readme file the sooner i know about any bugs the sooner I can rectify them.

Kindest Regards

Hooky

Wow! That's some effort.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Looking nice Hooky, can't wait to get this downloaded & installed tonight!

And guess I'll be able to wait patiently for the traffic files ........ patiently ........ is it ready yet ........
    Andy

Sticky please

Blog Entries
    Outstanding - many thanks!!!!

I started with Lossie - work great in FSX, at least the scenery components. So I had to drop in and say thanks. Just thrilled. Wonderful job, Hooky et al!!!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Outstanding - many thanks!!!!

I started with Lossie - work great in FSX, at least the scenery components. So I had to drop in and say thanks. Just thrilled. Wonderful job, Hooky et al!!!

dl
    Thanks dl I'm glad you like it and thanks for letting us know its FSX compatible my Steam powered rig wont run FSX so i have no way of finding out I'm still working on the traffic files atm they should hopefully be ready by the weekend.

Hooky

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to the AI, Hooky!

There's a discussion here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...uard-on-Nimitz

in which some of us are looking for a plane guard for the Ark Royal IV - and an AI Wessex would be perfect!! In FSX, such an AI item would function as a "boat" cruising along in formation with the moving ship. So if there's a Wessex in there somewhere, you'd make a bunch of folks happy.

Again, I appreciate that FS9 is the intended sim - but just letting you know that what you're doing in the this sim could have exciting spinoffs in that sim.

All the best!

dl

thanks dl i'll look into its fsx potential but with regards to the plane guard the AI 'wessex' I'm using is actually a repaint of Paul Bradshaw's Sikorsky CH-34 Choctaw masquerading as a wessex Has.1 (since I'm not sure such an AI model exists) with slight modifications to the flight dynamics. that's one of the issues atm is that i cant get hold of Paul for him to OK the mods for it to be used as AI. either way i'm not sure the model would work in fsx since it was an fs2002 one to begin with but I'll mention it

Thanks

Hooky

Blog Entries
    No worries Hook - didn't want to get this off it's intended track - it was just an idea. Likely that it won't work - but thanks for checking regardless.

Great work - looking to spend some more time at the airfields tonight.

best,

dl

My cyber Europe is quckly filling up with great 60s and 70s era airfields. Love it.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Great job, Hooky. Just outstanding. Thanks for your efforts.
    :ernae:

--WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Great job, Hooky. Just outstanding. Thanks for your efforts.

--WH
    Thanks guys but I can't take all the Credit Ian Put a lot of work in to this as well he should be getting alot of the praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Thanks guys but I can't take all the Credit Ian Put a lot of work in to this as well he should be getting alot of the praise.
    Yes, of course. Didn't mean to slight anyone. Everyone's efforts are appreciated.

Tme to buy another round and toast Ian. LOL
    --WH

Here's my screenie..

--WH

Blog Entries
    Proper traffic there, WH. Lovely to see some FRADU stripes, which of course graced Yeovilton back in the day.

http://www.fradu-canberras.co.uk/

The scenery looks the works, Hooky, nice to see that Gannet COD.4 climbing out too.

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Quote Originally Posted by nazca_steve View Post
    Proper traffic there, WH. Lovely to see some FRADU stripes, which of course graced Yeovilton back in the day.

http://www.fradu-canberras.co.uk/

The scenery looks the works, Hooky, nice to see that Gannet COD.4 climbing out too.
    Thanks Steve unfortunately there's a issue somewhere that's preventing me from setting the Gannet up as AI it just wont show!! despite attempts by myself and Ian to rectify it. Also my apologies to those expecting to see the AI pack released this weekend There are far more issues with it than I originally thought and some are beyond my present ability to fix so I'll have to see about that.

Regards

Hooky

Hooky,

What other a/c are you considering for AI? Have you given thought to any Sea Vixens or Venoms? Just curious.

--WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hooky,

What other a/c are you considering for AI? Have you given thought to any Sea Vixens or Venoms? Just curious.

--WH
    Venoms no but sea vixens yes! actually I already have a traffic file for Yeovilton using the old Alphasim sea vixen that works pretty well not too heavy on the frames either I have also used the UKMIL AI Hunter from the ACG Honnington pack (repainted) for Brawdy & Yeovilton but I haven't had permission to include that and until i can get round to asking the appropriate people if I can Include the repainted AI aircraft Its going to have to stay on my HDD same goes for the UKMIL AI Bucc that I'm using for lossiemouth then there's the sea prince and the CH34 "Wessex".& AI seaking SH-3D Unfortunately my employer has cottoned on to the fact I've finished my studies now and has increased my work hours so this gives little time to organize stuff like this I was hoping it would be a little while before they realized.

Attachment 41585
    screen of the sea vixen traffic file for yeovilton

Regards

Hooky

Excellent. I'm ready...

Gonna have to get the Simitar out of the hangar, too....

--WH

That's enough to bring tears to an admiral's eyes.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Members who have read this thread: 2