Very stupid question

Thread: Very stupid question

Very stupid question

Hi everybody
    I am so ashamed to come with a question like this, anyway I ask because is my last hope: I am trying to reinstall FSX Deluxe on my son's computer, but unfortunately he has only disk ONE and I cannot find the others (he is not a kid anymore -he has two beautiful girls that I love more then anything else - but he has not yet learned how to keep his stuff in a proper order)
    Anyone knows if there is any chance chance to get from Microsoft a new full set of FSX (supplying a complete Product Key, being this a legitimate copy purchased regularly from a shop) ??????
    Thanks in advance for any help

ITALO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by italoc View Post
    Hi everybody
    I am so ashamed to come with a question like this, anyway I ask because is my last hope: I am trying to reinstall FSX Deluxe on my son's computer, but unfortunately he has only disk ONE and I cannot find the others (he is not a kid anymore -he has two beautiful girls that I love more then anything else - but he has not yet learned how to keep his stuff in a proper order)
    Anyone knows if there is any chance chance to get from Microsoft a new full set of FSX (supplying a complete Product Key, being this a legitimate copy purchased regularly from a shop) ??????
    Thanks in advance for any help

ITALO
    I would think the easiest way might be to purchased a copy from Wal-Mart or some such store. I think it can be had for $25 or less. Look for the Gold Edition.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Charter Member 2015
    Or if you have someone local that has a copy of FSX (versions must be identical,naturally) maybe you could borrow their discs and install with your own key?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

sorry i cant remember where i saw it ( altho it may have been frys) i saw FSX gold for 14.95 USD,id just shop for a new set and start over at the new prices,,,,

Thank you guys
    It means that I'll go out and buy a new copy and make a present to my son telling him is a gift from the girls for father day

ITALO

Blog Entries
    Youve got a great heart italo.. Should be more peole in the world like yourself ..
    Heres a quick link to the copy at amazon. it isnt too expensive, but i've seen cheaper as well, but just cant remember where they were off the top of my head...
    Pam

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flig...8245921&sr=8-2

Btw, I hardly think that your question is stupid... it's a nice smart fatherly type of question that I find endearing...

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Or if you have someone local that has a copy of FSX (versions must be identical,naturally) maybe you could borrow their discs and install with your own key?
    Using this thought to work from, if your copy of FSX is the same release as your son's copy I would see about making a copy of your disk #2 for him. A tool such as Nero or others like that will make good copies.

Lest anyone think this involves some hanky-panky, disk #2 is worthless without disk #1 and disk #1 is worthless without a valid product key.

Think this serves as a reminder that it wouldn't hurt me to make archival copies of MY FSX disks!

Sometimes if you make 2nd disks of programs, the computer won't read it. My brother tried to do that with his version of Sim City 4, and it didn't work. Making a back up disk didn't work for him, but I don't know if it will work for FSX.

Walter

My vote is go out and find a copy of FSX Gold before you can not find one. It should be around $30 US and the addition of Acceleration is worth it. If you were to buy acceleration by its self it would cost you $20 anyway.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 0