Messerschmitt 108 Taifun released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Messerschmitt 108 Taifun released!

Just a quick public 'thankyou' to Mathias for all his one to one help in the background with the tiny niggle I was having with this aircraft. All sorted now.
    Thank you Mathias great customer support.
    Woody

Hi Mathias,

Just finished my first hop in your gorgeous rendition of the Taifun...

It is superb, as was to be expected (I don't mean to put the creativity bar too high on your next endeavours as you've already set it higher by yourself)...

Will there be an update for an historically correct tail markings (where applicable) of the wartime versions. Your's are politically correct but a lot of us simmers are historical buffs and mean, speaking for myself (and probably others too), no disrespect to those who prefer civilianized versions of the plane.

Well, got to get back to flying this lady.

Cheers

Fleurdelys

I really havn't put any thought yet into providing the historically correct markings for the both paint schemes that use it, but I'm sure Alessandro will post something very soon. I would suspect someone will post a headsup once something along that lines pops up. :salute:
    Mathias

Thanks Mathias,

I gather that it shouldn't be very long before we see wartime repaints coming in on this one.

I forgot to mention in my previous post how much I appreciated the option of "Just Fly" as compared to "real Flight" and its intricacies which is a lot more than I'm usually willing to do when hopping around airfields.

That should be available for most planes which cater to the "real pilots" among us to start with, I guess...

Fleurdelys

I must say I like the solution you put up there, the logo fits in there nicely, way better than the empty spot and still pretty much politically correct. In my opinion the best compromise I have seen yet!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Very nice Mathias :salute:

I have just enjoyed a quick flight. Downloading the paintkit as I type. I might try a RAF livery.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Very nice Mathias :salute:

I have just enjoyed a quick flight. Downloading the paintkit as I type. I might try a RAF livery.

Cheers

Paul
    Cheers Paul, we left the RAF liveries explicitely for you! :salute:
    Mathias

Swiss Flight

Just enjoyed a nice early morning flight from Wengen Laken to Lugano Switzerland in the Swiss painted version. A truly great aircraft to fly worth every penny, thanks again Mathias.:salute:

OK without reading the manual how do I start this thing, I lovethe challenge of starting aircraft without reading manuals, as if I'm jumping into one and "borrowing it" but what am I doing wrong?

And Bruce what airfield is that?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post

And Bruce what airfield is that?
    It's Lugano Switzerland. I think it was from Flightsim.com search for Lugano in FSX section.

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    OK without reading the manual how do I start this thing, I lovethe challenge of starting aircraft without reading manuals, as if I'm jumping into one and "borrowing it" but what am I doing wrong?
    I'd suggest to at least fire up the inflight checklist. :mixedsmi:
    Other than that, 1 or 2 primer strokes in most cases, at cold weahter it may takes 1 or 2more. Pressurize the carburetor by hand (yellow lever labeled "Vordruck", check fuel pressure gauge) and hit the starter. Warm up thoroughly and go. :-)
    Mathias

Attachment 39681Attachment 39682Attachment 39683

You have a little work of art here Mathias, Just Brilliant

and given us a interesting little piece of history
    Thank you for the hard work... She was worth every moment of the waiting

PS love the gear handle

Probably nothing special, but I am figuring out the paintkit Pretty complicated, but once you will get used to it, it is a very powerful one

Bf-108 Taifun of the communist's Internal Security Corps, 1948-52. The plane was rebuilt in PZL Mielec after the WW2.

Lucas

ive noticed over priming will make starting difficult. 1-2 is all you need, if it doesnt start, shoot another 1 or 2, pump the start pressure and should start fine. Really enjoying the challenge of the prop on this one, its kind of like the manual moving prop on the A2A spitfire. So far I only use 2000RPM for climb out and when I reduce power fpr approach. I left it too high for a while and it got really noisy ...very nice touch Mathias

FYI Mathias, both the original setup file and the paintkit file were initially seen as unsafe files using IE9 and running MS Security Essentials. I obviously ignored the warning and was able to install fine but you might hear reports of this from others
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    It's Lugano Switzerland. I think it was from Flightsim.com search for Lugano in FSX section.

Yeah thats it, I forgot about that, I'm a purely swiss flyer here, and thanks Mathias! I'm not sure how to warm the starter I think I#'m flooding the engine or somthing lol! Still thats the damn fun right!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Charter Member 2015
    What a great plane! Thank you for this wonderful achievement. Just one question: how do you remove the pilot of the plane? I do not found the solution in the manual.

here is a repaint WIP
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks again everyone!
    Luca and TJ, nice WIP's!!

FYI Mathias, both the original setup file and the paintkit file were initially seen as unsafe files using IE9 and running MS Security Essentials. I obviously ignored the warning and was able to install fine but you might hear reports of this from others
    That's clearly a false positive. Will get in touch with the developers of my install suite to see what causes this.

Just one question: how do you remove the pilot of the plane? I do not found the solution in the manual.
    Dany, he dissappears automatically when the aircraft is cold and dark.
    Mathias

lol with those big flaps and slats, I swear this Taifun can almost compete with a J-3 for short field performance...and the Taifun slows down a lot better too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    lol with those big flaps and slats, I swear this Taifun can almost compete with a J-3 for short field performance...and the Taifun slows down a lot better too
    You know, it would really make for a premium bush plane, can get into almost every location and gets you there faster than the other usual suspects.
    Mathias

Mathias, could you please check the Bf108 Dev board. I am pretty sure I have an account with your store, otherwise I do not know how I purchased the Fw190 Late Variants! ;-)

Craig :salute:
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Done, Craig!
    Mathias

Thank you Mathias! :salute: Though my internet is sh!t right now, so i will not be able to download it for a while... But I know it is of incredible quality, and I cant wait to fly this "Baby Messerschmitt"

The effort I have personally seen you put in this is incredible, and there are several features in the add-on that have been sen before in FSX. So Mathias, I congratulate you on the release of your Baby!

Craig :-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Ok, Im thinking about new skin for Taifun too. I will do this with RLM 24, Bf108 from Air Competition (1937-38) so I order for myself this paintings :

and

Skins will have the weathering too.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No longer active
    Congratulations Mathias!!!
    That's a REAL beauty and apart from very few isolated flight dynamic bugs (serious yaw & yaw/roll error) it's also very nice to fly
    The only feature I miss is the FSX sound cone as this Argus/prop combination has a great sound IRL!
    (in cockpit engine sound is also very nice!)

Thanx a lot

Members who have read this thread: 3