Ai Carriers not loading.

Thread: Ai Carriers not loading.

Ai Carriers not loading.

Somehow AI carriers quit loading from my FSX on the win7 laptop and reinstallation has not cured the issue.

"Could not find Main Class AiCarriers, program will exit"......

Tries a bunch of things. Anybody had previous issues with win7?

T

Class ?.... could it be a problem with your Java runtimes ? I've read here and there that the latest version was causing problems, while the previous one was working right... I don't know if this is still valid, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Class ?.... could it be a problem with your Java runtimes ? I've read here and there that the latest version was causing problems, while the previous one was working right... I don't know if this is still valid, though...
    Sounds like it to me googling "could not find main class program will exit" gets lots of java based results - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...d+Main+Class+p

One of those might help?

Download latest Java SDK for x86 systems. Uninstall everything Java related from Control Panel, go to 'Program Files x86' and 'Program Files' and delete manually 'Java' folders. Reboot and install JDK from the downloaded package.
    I won´t see your signature.

This happens sometimes here. For me it works by alt-tabbing off FSX and starting AIcarriers again. It's a known issue and lots of people have it.

Dang, and I thought Java was either an Island which we fly over now and then (like tomorrow) or a steamy Cupp'a.

Sounds like a good possibility.

T

Yes that darned Java! I have been having problems with mine lately too. So much so I added a desktop shortcut for AI carriers because sometimes it starts with FSX sometimes it doesn't. Ya never know. Nothing like sitting on the deck having a Java crash and your carrier disappears and plop you go into the sea.
    Java version 6 - update 25 Windows 7 64.

ALL automatic updates on my PC are switched off, as I've had this sort of issue too many times. I am now very selective as to which, if any, Windows updates I apply (I rely on other programs to cover the "security" holes left by Microsoft) and I never ever let Java update. Too many of these so called updates are little more than betas, full of bugs, and need another update to update the update! :isadizzy:
    Andy

This happens sometimes here. For me it works by alt-tabbing off FSX and starting AIcarriers again. It's a known issue and lots of people have it.
    I also lost AI carriers2 very recently. I was poking around in the C:/Programs/AI Carriers folder adding a new boat and suddenly "blink" I saw several folders disappear. Not sure I could do that by a "fat finger" error alone. Tried doing a system restore and think that got it back BUT I could not launch it via the "Ctrl + J" key stroke or drop down in FS and had to click on the exe in the AI carriers folder in order to launch it. I re-installed and it seems fine now. Googling found people suddenly losing this program often. Alternative is that a scheduled Java update cured it but can't be 100% sure about that.

Nevertheless, to me this has to be one of the most innovative and useful add ons for FSX and hats off to Lamont Clark for creating it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltzei View Post
    Download latest Java SDK for x86 systems. Uninstall everything Java related from Control Panel, go to 'Program Files x86' and 'Program Files' and delete manually 'Java' folders. Reboot and install JDK from the downloaded package.
    Does it have to be SDK? Isn't JRE (Java Runtime) enough?

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    Does it have to be SDK? Isn't JRE (Java Runtime) enough?

Pekka
    If the readme says so, probably it is, but for some reason I've included the JDK into my FSX installation checklist.
    I won´t see your signature.

I had the same issue but with WinXP. I kept getting Java errors. I tried reloading Java but no joy.

On a pure happenstance I switched from full screen to windowed mode in FSX and started AI Carriers and it worked.....got me buggered.

Full screen mode; Java error

Window mode; it's fine

go figure
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Members who have read this thread: 0