RNAS ' Retro' Pack update

Thread: RNAS ' Retro' Pack update

RNAS ' Retro' Pack update

Hi all,

Just an update (hopefully the last before we release) Ian Has been very busy lately working on RNAS Portland and has produced some really brilliant scenery of both the Base and naval dockyard as well. Ian was on Holiday recently and managed to pay a visit to whats left of the base at Portland and from the photos he took has managed to generate the Control tower and many other buildings. Aside from that support vehicles and equipment have been placed at all the air stations and AI is present and running at most of them. Ian's still working on moving Portland (The current version depicted here is adapted to fit the VFR mesh which I have so he's repositioning for a Default fit.) but once thats complete we should have something thats pretty much there and release should follow soon after.

Heres some screens of Ian's Handywork:

Attachment 39234Attachment 39235Attachment 39236

Regards

Hooky:salute:

Blog Entries
    Looking good so far, Hooky, please tell Ian to keep up the good work. What kind of AI do you have set up for her?

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Quote Originally Posted by nazca_steve View Post
    Looking good so far, Hooky, please tell Ian to keep up the good work. What kind of AI do you have set up for her?
    What he said, looking really nice! Looking forward to this one, I have 2 FS9 installs just calling out for this. :salute:
    Andy

another anxiously waiting customer here....

looking mighty fine guys.

Jamie

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...the anxiety is killing me!
    Release Hooky! RELEASE!!! :salute:
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Hooky i echo Nigel say any chance of looking at RAF/RNAS Gibraltar circa 1960? runs for cover from Backlash

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Hooky i echo Nigel say any chance of looking at RAF/RNAS Gibraltar circa 1960? runs for cover from Backlash
    ditto: RAF Akrotiri (icon:lookining around, dazed by the probable withholding of 'Retro Scenery' for being so demanding:icon)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Boy, you guys are imptiant, ive visited these forums enough myself, so i know never to use the "S**N" word, but as far as my end is concern'd, the scenery is in the bag and sent over to Hooky to sort out all the ai stuff, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, and any bugs that should appear, bound to be some!
    Dont expect ACG or UKmil style scenery, it'll be a bit more basic than those guys, with the aim of keeping frames resonnable but at the same time using an authentic ai package, but i still think they look good with accuate afcads and the right style of hangers, control towers ect, and im really pleased with the custom Control towers for Yeovil and Portland, so i think you should like the look of this project.
    Ive also try'd to keep the object librarys from as few source's as posable, i know a few people dont like installing them, but if you have just a few of the MAIW packs installed, you should be fine, at the moment ive only got the UK AH64 installed, that alone should give you every object you should need.
    You guys mention'd some other retro scenery, i think ACG have an Akrotiri in the works and there's no way im competeing with those guys , you might also want to check out the scenery section of Calclassics, there is a Nicosia circa 1960's that might be worth looking at, just as important as Akrotiri in its day.
    Gibraltar, that would be a major headach, not only building up the airfield, but the way MS has model'd the area, much work to coastlines, landclass and mesh would need to be done, to get it looking half decent, sorry guys, way beyond my skill set .
    cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Boy, you guys are imptiant, ive visited these forums enough myself, so i know never to use the "S**N" word, but as far as my end is concern'd, the scenery is in the bag and sent over to Hooky to sort out all the ai stuff, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, and any bugs that should appear, bound to be some!
    Dont expect ACG or UKmil style scenery, it'll be a bit more basic than those guys, with the aim of keeping frames resonnable but at the same time using an authentic ai package, but i still think they look good with accuate afcads and the right style of hangers, control towers ect, and im really pleased with the custom Control towers for Yeovil and Portland, so i think you should like the look of this project.
    Ive also try'd to keep the object librarys from as few source's as posable, i know a few people dont like installing them, but if you have just a few of the MAIW packs installed, you should be fine, at the moment ive only got the UK AH64 installed, that alone should give you every object you should need.
    You guys mention'd some other retro scenery, i think ACG have an Akrotiri in the works and there's no way im competeing with those guys , you might also want to check out the scenery section of Calclassics, there is a Nicosia circa 1960's that might be worth looking at, just as important as Akrotiri in its day.
    Gibraltar, that would be a major headach, not only building up the airfield, but the way MS has model'd the area, much work to coastlines, landclass and mesh would need to be done, to get it looking half decent, sorry guys, way beyond my skill set .
    cheers ian
    He said it....I have nothing to add.... Just waiting on permission emails to be received then release shall follow then if its Ok with you guys I'm going to curl up into a ball and slip into hibernation for 10 months Ian, please wake me up in the spring! !

Kindest Regards

Hooky

Blog Entries
    Ian, Hooky; you pair certainly know how to create a suspense story...I'm out of finger nails and my by now, bald head glints spectaculally in the sun.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 1