Royal Wedding Battle of Britian Fly By

Thread: Royal Wedding Battle of Britian Fly By

Royal Wedding Battle of Britian Fly By

Historic planes including a Lanc, Spitfire and Hurricane flew over the newly married Royal couple at Buckingham Palace this morning, this video has a remarkable full sound track that you get to hear these historic machines fly over at low altitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajorLvElPDU
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Landscape Gardener
    Thanks Grisger
    Surely the most interesting and stunning to see in this particular day ......

JP

It is indeed Jean, the Lanc has such a distinctive sound....there are several in preservation but this one in particular is wonderfully preserved and flown often for such occasions. An honour to see it on such a happy occasion to connect to the history of those challenging days. I thought those who frequent our forum here would particularly appreciate this special event.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    It is indeed Jean, the Lanc has such a distinctive sound....there are several in preservation but this one in particular is wonderfully preserved and flown often for such occasions. An honour to see it on such a happy occasion to connect to the history of those challenging days. I thought those who frequent our forum here would particularly appreciate this special event.
    Hey CrisGer,

The sound of those Merlins is a thing of beauty. At the Goodwood Revival meeting one year the Lanc flew over at about 250ft, and that was incredible. The only other one still flying is here in Canada.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    Historic planes including a Lanc, Spitfire and Hurricane flew over the newly married Royal couple at Buckingham Palace this morning. . .
    I know! What a cool surprise, right!

OMG, I am blown away. I watched one of the vids on YouTube. If you listen closely, you can hear one of the spectators say something along the lines of "Lame, really, you'd think they could have had some modern jets or something.". After the Spit, Hurricane, and Lanc fly over, before the jets. Obviously, the words "Never in the field of human conflict", and "This was their finest hour." have no significance for this dude.

Brings to mind one of my favorite quotes: "Not to know what happened before you were born is to remain forever a child."
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Or complete twat comes to mind.....

Funny though, when he's old and crumbly, he'll remember the day to others and of course will mention the wonderful sound of six Merlins and "they don't build 'em like that any more".......

Shessi

I didn't watch most of the wedding thing...but I did catch the fly over. I thought for sure William's helicopter squad may join in somewhere.