AL GA TN MS Tornadoes

Thread: AL GA TN MS Tornadoes

Exclamation AL GA TN MS Tornadoes

A video from Tuscaloosa... (kind of graphic)

[YOUTUBE]5ohIVzIZLuQ[/YOUTUBE]

I hope all you SOHers of the south are safe tonight. Please report in if you're ok. It is still pretty dangerous out there. The radar is still lit up all the way from West Virginia to Birmingham AL.

It sucked being near that thing. I am NE of KBHM and was extremely lucky to only get debris hitting my house and yard vs the full broadside of the tornado. I don't know how close the funnel itself was to my neighborhood, but the wind and rain was something we don't see many times in our lifetimes, and shouldn't.
    I will be going to Tuscaloosa to work to help TPD out, so I will see some of that area first hand soon. Scary stuff for sure. Hope everyone else on SOH from this area is okay.

Quick edit: Please don't do what the dingbat that took the video did. Yeah, the video is WOW, but that was stupid, dangerous, and will get you killed. WILL get you killed, you only get away with that stuff now and then. Plus, you make first responders have to take care of you when they should be helping people that get caught in the storm because they could not get out of the way, not because they chose to stay in the path. I don't like scraping people off of roadways as it is, but i don't want to experience getting people out of trees and buildings. Sorry for the rant.

Here in NW Tennessee, we got worse last week than what we got out of the last two night's storms. South of Jackson, they had a few tornadoes on the ground, but we just got about 12" of rain in 24 hours and bunches of lightning.

Our prayers for the folks farther south who caught the brunt of the storms.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Definitely a horrid spring!