Sim Skunk Works zippers as freeware!!!!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sim Skunk Works zippers as freeware!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Yes, it is the base, Sim Skunk Works Rimini Mil payware
    Yes it is (LIPR) Rimini/Miramare, it will be included as free benefit into V. 3 package together with (LIPS) Istrana Mil scenery and F-104 Italian series Flight Manual.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Will need to check this one out when I get home. I spend these days in Sorrento would you believe it ;-)
    I see the mapping on the antiglare panel area needs careful attention. I'm sure this will be all fixed in ver.3 ?
    here the V.3 sun antiglare winglet, hope you like it (not really finished yet, some minor errors)

cheers

btw:
    nothing is sure during this earthly life, sir

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I am also interested in knowing about the mil. base in that screenie...

these are some fine models...Kelly Johnson would be proud methinks.

Anyone have a USAF paint in the workshop yet?....

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/281...AF_476_TFS.zip
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Paintkit will be?
    for sure, just for you, brave painters.

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCE1 View Post
    here the V.3 sun antiglare winglet, hope you like it (not really finished yet, some minor errors)

cheers

btw:
    nothing is sure during this earthly life, sir
    Looking great Sir :-) I kind of meant the external antiglare (the ark area of the upper part of the radome). It seems wavey in most paint shemes. I just saw Zsolt had a straight edged antiglare panel on the USAF paint so I guess the issue is fixed.

Hi Dag,
    I see what you mean...and it will be fixed...
    The version 3 will have a total new mapping for the external model....

Emanuele

That's just...

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    This freeware is fantastic, Emanuele. I’m looking forward to Version 3 and will buy it not only becauce it surely will be good, but also to support your efforts.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Any Canadian Paints for this by chance. Many thanks for the freeware offer. This will give a taste and prep me for buying the V3. I lack a excellent Star Fighter in my hanger.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

got the USAF paint - thank you zolt
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Amazing freeware indeed, thanks a lot for that :ernae:

Any Canadian Paints for this by chance
    Can't show a screeny now but I tried zsoltquack's recent repaints - the RCAF one (looks fab) and the camo 'Nam paint - posted here at SOS:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghter-repaints

using the Sim Skunkworks freeware FSX model however both textures did not fit/map well and had splits and bare patches in places.

Tried this older paint on Flightsim below and the mapping worked wtihout a problem - are the models the same? Am I using the wrong model in FSX? I am a bit confused about whether the Cloud9 and Sim Skunkworks are all -or partly - one and the same.

<CENTER>FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military</CENTER><CENTER>FS2004 USAF F104 83 FIS Hamilton AFB

</CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: usaf83fis_f104a.zip Size: 5,801,750 Date: 12-29-2009 Downloads: 186
    FS2004 USAF F104 83 FIS Hamilton AFB, 1958. Texture only for the payware Cloud9 F-104 Starfighter in US Air Force markings, depicting two F104 A of the 83 FIS, Hamilton AFB, 1958. By Andrea Arlotti.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Forgot to mention I had to amend the texture title from "F-104_001.bmp" to "F104_t_01.bmp" - or something like that - to get these skins to show at all. Did this because that is how the texture that worked from flightsim was arranged.

Do I have some other developers' bird by mistake?!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Same exact problem here.
    Perhaps the cloud9 repaints work only with the FS9 version of this F-104 ?

Hi.....
    the paint kit for the cloud9 F104 should work only for the fs9 aricraft.....the FSX aircraft even if it has a similar mapping, it has some minor differences..so it explains why the cloud9 repaint doesn't fit well the model....
    I can suggest to take the texture F104_T_001 as base for texturing and compare it with the paintkit of the cloud9. It should be easy to take the differences....the texture 002 and 003 are tha same....

regards

Emanuele

OK, thanks for answering. It's not just me then.

What still is strange though is that the FS9 textures at flightsim posted two years ago in 2009 definately fit and work perfectly on the FSX model, whereas the recent ones posted here and presumably other textures using the same Cloud9 FS9 (?) paintkit do not fit the FSX model. How is that explained?

Members who have read this thread: 5