Go Canon!

Thread: Go Canon!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    This is to be expected & Canon shouldn't demand anything less.

Canon is a HUGE corporation in comparison to Nikon and the amount of resources available to Canon dwarf Nikon.

The fact that tiny Nikon can even compete with Canon speaks volumes for just how savvy a corporation Nikon is

In fact, Nikon is also smaller than Sony, Panasonic, & Olympus.....

Oh and one last thing....As I've said before, Ford destroys Ferrari in marketshare too

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    ]....As I've said before, Ford destroys Ferrari in marketshare too
    Comparing Ford to Ferrari is like comparing Canon to Hasselblad, not Nikon. Comparing Canon to Nikon would be more like comparing Ford to Volkswagen..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hey All,

Robert Heinlein said it best...

"Was there ever a time when the majority was right?"

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Each to their own.

Competition is better for the customer.
    I won´t see your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Comparing Ford to Ferrari is like comparing Canon to Hasselblad, not Nikon. Comparing Canon to Nikon would be more like comparing Ford to Volkswagen..
    Whatever...
    Bottom line is that Nikon is a muich smaller company than Canon and Nikon also has less resources available in comparison to Canon - that Nikon can even compete with Canon speaks volumes about the quality of Nikon itself as a company

Nikon is part of the huge Mitsubishi cooperation..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Nikon is part of the huge Mitsubishi cooperation..
    Okay,
    You Canon guys win again - please continue with your anti-Nikon posts...:salute:

(And they wonder why I think Canon owners have an "attitude"...totally confirmed in this thread...)

Wink

Note: Guess I'll get rid of my Sony, Olympus, & Sigma bodies in favor Canon...

What anti-Nikon posts...??

If I saw a Nikon set when I started this hobby instead of a Canon set I would be as happy with Nikon as I now am with Canon..

It'll be OK Mr. Panther... :ernae:

Blog Entries
    Comes back to support P.

Go Nikon!

BTW: I find my D7000 to be an amazing camera.

Nikon is an optics company that also makes cameras. Canon is an electronics giant that also makes cameras. Give me either one and you won't be able to tell me which camera the picture came from.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    BTW: I find my D7000 to be an amazing camera.

Give me either one and you won't be able to tell me which camera the picture came from.
    Pretty much.

The way the whole community acted though you would have thought the D7000 would take over the world. It is definitely a very capable camera, if not a bit over-hyped.

I am happy with my 50D. I am NOT happy with this ridiculous Wisconsin weather.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Pretty much.

The way the whole community acted though you would have thought the D7000 would take over the world. It is definitely a very capable camera, if not a bit over-hyped.

I am happy with my 50D. I am NOT happy with this ridiculous Wisconsin weather.
    Don't sell the D7000 short. From the reading I have been doing and my use of the camera, I would classify it as closer to revolutionary than evolutionary. The D7000 has set a new standard, at least among Nikon cameras.

Before you had the consumer cameras, i.e., D40, D50...D90 series. Which were mostly for people who wanted really good pictures but rarely if ever took the camera off of Auto. You then had the pro-consumer models, i.e. D100-300 series. These were for avid amateurs or Pro back up cameras. They were built with pro materials and quality but lacked many of the higher end features found in the professional series. Lastly you had the D1-D3 series, the top of the line Pro cameras.

The D7000 still caries the vestiges of the Consumer line with its scene modes and pop up flash. However, it is built more like the D300 series and contains state of the art electronics and sensors. Considering Nikon's numbering series, the use of a four numerical model has some Nikon users wondering it this isn't the start of a new grade of cameras for Nikon?

The D7000 will force you to become a better photographer, at least technically. It is not a leave on Auto, point and shoot camera. Many early users of the camera reported back focusing issues and blurry images. The vast majority of these turned out to be "operator errors." With its high 18 MP sensor and 1.5 ratio sensor factor, any camera shake, mis-focusing, or other technical errors will become readily apparent.

I found this out when I got into bird photographing. It ain't easy getting good pictures of dem little critters. I purchased a Sigma 50-500 "Bigma" lens and thought I had wasted my money. Funny, every time I go out the lens gets better and better.

Rather than over hyped, I see the D7000 as a portend of the great things to come in digital cameras.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hwy All,

How soon we forget the K-5.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hwy All,

How soon we forget the K-5.

-Ed-
    Yep,
    The K-5 in certain reviews was rated higher than the D7000....

Members who have read this thread: 0