Ju-52 Panel Update

Thread: Ju-52 Panel Update

Ju-52 Panel Update

Still some issues but here's what I have now.

Attachment 35311

Rami, Simonu, and any one else - don't want you to think I've quit. Many little nit-picky details left but I will finish!

AC

I just reread the above and there is a possible interpretation that I really don’t like (bad writing?). If anyone took it as there’s someone who’s pushing me to finish, this was not my meaning. I just meant to express my own excitement at being near done. No, no PM’s from anyone urging me to get it done or anything like that. It’s probably "no biggy" but something that might be taken wrong - well, I do want to be clear.

"CFS2 rocks!" - Aristotle? No - actually, I think it was "Cee’s".

AC

Reply...

Ali Cat,

No pressure, I'm a perfectionist as well! :salute:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami,

Thanks man - I’ll calm down now. But how about the good news?

The Things that Went Well:

1. The throttles and mixture knobs - you can drag them one at a time or all together. And yep, you can start the engines manually one at a time if you want. Of course auto start works as well (fun hitting "E" and watching mixtures and start switches move by themselves).

2. The cage knob of the ADI (artificial horizon) spins when clicked - kinda cool.

3. Even though there’s just 3 engines I’ve found a way in the panel.cfg file to code for 4. Just pass a 4 as the last argument and, for example, the numeral 4 will appear on the indicator light. It should also work for any engine specific gauge though I haven’t yet tested them all.

4. I got the needle of the ADF to swing to the new direction rather than jump. In the stock gauges I’ve tested they all jump. Don’t know why they were done this way but perhaps in the old days of meager CPU’s it was prudent. But listen - it took only 1 extra line of code!

The bad - there’s that too. But perhaps the Beta will fix some of it. And even so I am pleased. Thank you "simonu" for letting me be a part of this.

AC

That is a fantastic looking panel. Really sweet.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Update,

... and thanks for the complement Captain.

I'm working on beta doc's should it help any volunteer - it won't be much longer now.

AC

Members who have read this thread: 0