Shavrov Sh-2

Thread: Shavrov Sh-2

Blog Entries

Shavrov Sh-2

A beautiful FS9 Shavrov Sh-2 by Igor Goncharov and Alexander Belov is available from Avsim.su at...
    http://www.avsim.su/f/fs2004-origina...on=download&hl
    Vadim Shavrov's versatile utility amphibian is nicely modeled, has a VC and several paint schemes. My thanks to Mr. Goncharov and Mr. Belov for creating this wonderful and historic Russian aircraft.

The Sh-2 in Golden Wings.
    =Attachment 34396

First the Sikorsky S-40 amphib now this one. Must be seaplane season already
    I've never heard of an Sh-2, so I did some research and found this:
    http://www.aviastar.org/air/russia/shavrov-2.php
    and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavrov_Sh-2

Looks pretty neat, almost like a Chris Craft or Gar Wood with wings. Can't wait to try it out. Thank you very much Hurricane91 for pointing this one out :ernae:
    Edit: just got done with a quick hop around the patch. I like it. Needs a bit more oomph but it's liveable. Not the best plane to take out on epic long distance flights however what with the minimalist navigation equipment (it's got a compass. Not a directional gyro, a wet compass. THAT'S IT), but if you actually know where your favorite fishing hole is you really cannot beat this one.

All kidding aside, if I had any serious gripe about this plane it would be the prop texture; I will have to replace it. Otherwise it's definitely a keeper:ernae:

Thanks for the HU. Enjoy all seven paint jobs. Flys well enough, and is just right for 1920s and 1930s kind of flights. Again, thanks.

Ed

Here's a better prop blur texture ...

Mike

SOH-CM-2024
    Not trying to one up you Mike, I didn't like the prop spin first thing and went about making one before you posted yours. Since the default was DXT1, I didn't know if the model would take an 888-8 32-bit texture. Not to worry, tried and tested, passed, so if any would like to try mine, have a go.

Great little slow amphib, thanks for the HU hurricane.
    Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Not trying to one up you Mike, I didn't like the prop spin first thing and went about making one before you posted yours. Since the default was DXT1, I didn't know if the model would take an 888-8 32-bit texture. Not to worry, tried and tested, passed, so if any would like to try mine, have a go.

Great little slow amphib, thanks for the HU hurricane.
    Caz
    No problem Caz, this place is all about people brainstorming and making things better, here are a few shots ....

Did some water ops earlier, these are from land flying at Novosibirsk ...

And I like BE-2 sounds by Gary Jones for this aircraft, maybe not a perfect match , but I like it :

Soundset @ Avsim ...

Filename: be2c_sounds.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 7th January 2011
    Downloads: 244
    Author: Gary Jones
    Size: 8056kb

Mike :salute:

This airplane is just begging for a nice BFU paint job.

BFU repaint job?

Attachment 34721Attachment 34720Check out the pictures: Attachment 34718

PM me if you want the repaint. Take care.

Ed

Ed, thanks for the repaint, looks good.

Pat

Members who have read this thread: 0