Some Help Need CFS2 is Down

Thread: Some Help Need CFS2 is Down

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Angry Some Help Need CFS2 is Down

1. Error msg: "Cannot find file" file = CFS2.ICD-1c7, Location = C:\windows\Prefetch 55KB PF file.

2. Error msg: "Cannot locate the CD-Rom" note: CD drive work fine, hared-wear is OK.

Searched file found in Prefetch folder but: Modified: 3/28/2011 11:51 AM size 54.9 KB.

My assumption [this is where I get in trouble] the "mod" is the problem. So how do I fix it? Can I generate a new file and how do I do that? Or well I have to do a New Install? Can I pull up a ?back-up file fr say 3/26/2011 and how is that done?

As you can tell this is not my are of Knowledge :redf: Please Help!

Skipsan

Skipsan I do not know if this will help but last year I had the same problem . In my case the problem was a expired cfs2 disc.

MS REVENGE

I believe that is Gates idea of a joke. I had that also and had to resort to the unmentionable disk option. Seems that they only want you to use the disk for so many uses then pfffffffffffffffffft you!

Skipsan before you try to reinstall, rename \Combat Flight Simulator 2 folder. rather than uninstall.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Smile

Thank you Gentlemen one and all :salute::salute::salute: Thought dumb luck I found how to back date my system to 03-27-2011 and it worked. For how long I have no idea. I would hate to lose this disk it is any original from the hay-day of CFS2 even has the screwed up right key. So only time will tell now

Thank you all

Skipsan

Members who have read this thread: 0