Carenado B58 Baron Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado B58 Baron Released!

Lightbulb Carenado B58 Baron Released!

She's out! :salute:

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...duct&correl=57

I'm currently downloading!

This one's working for me... http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Looks great!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Meh I'm covered with the Duke...

Still interested in the fde (as usual), and the asymmetric modeling!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

No longer active
    Unfortunately the FDs are Carenado standard again, no realistic asymmetric handling etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Meh I'm covered with the Duke...

Still interested in the fde (as usual), and the asymmetric modeling!
    I like the turbine duke but the VC isn't what Carenado does. The FPS impact is also much less than with the duke. I guess I just have a soft spot for Bonanzas and Barons. The takeoff performance seemed alright but the cruise speed may have been a tad slow. I won't get time to really fly it until tomorrow. Darn school...

No longer active
    The take off performance might be ok but the handling is unrealistic difficult.
    It's one of the nice real Baron features that there's almost no left pull during take off.
    The Carenado Baron needs more rudder than the A2A Spitfire!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I like the turbine duke but the VC isn't what Carenado does. The FPS impact is also much less than with the duke. I guess I just have a soft spot for Bonanzas and Barons. The takeoff performance seemed alright but the cruise speed may have been a tad slow. I won't get time to really fly it until tomorrow. Darn school...
    I agree their VC's have very nice textures but still prefer the look of the duke. Their bonanza (F33) performs about the same as my piston duke (as in fps). However their older models are better than the Duke, probably better than default models.

The one I am holding out for is the C210.... not as fast as the Lancair by any means but still fun!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Isn't it interesting how some people can be bugged by seemingly inconsequential things?

For me it is the red flag that appears in the turn-coordinator gauge in Carenado aircraft. It is always on in the turn-coordinator for the Saratoga (the only Carenado plane I have) and I notice it is on in the screenshots for the Baron.

A small thing, and probably not a problem for most people, but it bugs me just enough not to want to buy this plane (although the rest of it sure does look purdy)

From the Falcon Gauge Turn Coordinator manual:

"When the aircraft power is activated to the instrument, observe the functional
    indicator on the right-hand side of the instrument face. It must turn from red to
    black to indicate the instrument is operating normally. If the functional
    indicator remains red or becomes red in flight, the instrument should not be
    relied upon for flight information."

Still looking for some HQ screenshots - I've yet to see any except the odd ones on their web site....
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Blog Entries
    Glad to see it released, holding out for the Cessna 210 though.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Isn't it interesting how some people can be bugged by seemingly inconsequential things?

For me it is the red flag that appears in the turn-coordinator gauge in Carenado aircraft. It is always on in the turn-coordinator for the Saratoga (the only Carenado plane I have) and I notice it is on in the screenshots for the Baron.

A small thing, and probably not a problem for most people, but it bugs me just enough not to want to buy this plane (although the rest of it sure does look purdy)
    I think it would bug me too, now that you've pointed it out. Its an absolutely beautiful looking model, and could be my first Carenado purchase...but for things like that.

I wonder how receptive Carenado are, and whether they are known for patching their products based on customers feedback ? I don't have much knowledge of them as a company.

Wombat, he isn't 'whingeing'. He's simply pointing out what he believes to be a problem. As is Ant with his observation regarding the turn and slip indicator.

For goodness sake, whats gone wrong this forum ?

A question of perception and preferences

Each developer has their unique strenghts and areas for development.

PMDG for example is argueably at the pinacle of complex sims.
    A2A for adding depth and 'realism' to the use and abuse on machines.
    Realair for their FM's

My 10 cents on Carenado is that their models are always spot on and the quality of the exterior and the VC has continuously improved for each release. I'd say they're textures are now up there with the best that I've seen.

If they could can develop FM's like Realair, realism like A2A and the Q&A of PMDG then they would be the king of the GA market.

Whether or not they 'really' want to do that... who knows maybe they are comfortable where they are now.

I think if you purchase their products with the above in mind then you'll not be disappointed, expect more then you just might regret it.

Cheers
    Butch

Funny how people can say they are stating a personal opinion while complaining that others are whinging!

As to Carenado, their philosophy lately has been "if it looks good it will sell good", which for some of us is not good at all.

Regards, Mike Mann

No longer active
    update concering the FDs.
    Carenado apparently released the plane without sending the latest update to the beta team first.

Handling is now well harmonized, left-pull on take off seems to be realistically weak now.
    Stall still occurs at a way too low AoA which means if you flare too much she will drop stalled onto the runway.
    Same if you pull her off the runway too aggressive on take off.

But if you don't do anything stoopid it's actually a very nice plane.
    Even engine out handling is quite ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Wombat, he isn't 'whingeing'. He's simply pointing out what he believes to be a problem. As is Ant with his observation regarding the turn and slip indicator.

For goodness sake, whats gone wrong this forum ?
    +1 to 2nd part!

He's merely pointing out an issue with product. All products have issues - and we all know a lot of developers are listening and try to fix issues by reading forums. On occasion when the tone get's a little negative, I don't see why it's so hard to brush it off, goodness gracious! We are only human.

Anyway, back on topic, thanks for the update Bernt!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Hi Guys,

I was wondering how this compares as a plane to the Cessna 340 by the same modeler? (That is, I am interested in the Real-world differences of these two, and how they compare.) Not the FS modeling, which I believe looks....... Quite good, actually :-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Thought this was a weird coincidence or a sign haha. I read this thread yesterday and considered buying the Baron, then i went to the airport this morning and just happened my old instructor was doing a test flight on a Baron and i went along for some stalls and steep turns. VERY NICE aircraft but that stall horn is very sensitive!
    Attachment 33330Attachment 33331

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    ...then i went to the airport this morning and just happened my old instructor was doing a test flight on a Baron...
    Nice scenery! Do you have a download link???

Almost looks like part of SoKali, from the snow on Mt. Baldy??

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    Nice scenery! Do you have a download link???

Almost looks like part of SoKali, from the snow on Mt. Baldy??
    Actually those pics are from the Real Flight!!! haha this is So Cal and that would be Big Bear in the background, a little east of Mt. Baldy. I have Megascenery So Cal edition for FSX and it looks about as real as it gets!!

great shot :salute:

tankerguy72

you ever flown over to 54cl in real world?

that is where i hang around alot :salute:

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Actually those pics are from the Real Flight!!! haha this is So Cal and that would be Big Bear in the background, a little east of Mt. Baldy. I have Megascenery So Cal edition for FSX and it looks about as real as it gets!!
    Makes you realise how good sims are these days that you can make that mistake! Wouldn't have happened in Fs98
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I was and am a big, big fan of the Dreamfleet B58 in FS9 - I'd love to know how this stacks up against it...

Are the Gauges in 3D and cockpit HD like their recent 340?
    THX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick