Turbine Duke

Thread: Turbine Duke

Turbine Duke

Hello.I really like the turbine duke.The only thing that bugs me.When you open the door,look inside to the folding desk.At the bottom of the there is a good size gap you can see to the outside.Does any one else see this.Two Wolves.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fortunatly I have not run into this issue. Try posting in the Carenado forum at Avsim; http://forum.avsim.net/forum/357-the...support-forum/

Quote Originally Posted by Tracon View Post
    Fortunatly I have not run into this issue. Try posting in the Carenado forum at Avsim; http://forum.avsim.net/forum/357-the...support-forum/
    Thats not a Carenado plane is it?

Yes there is a little gap in the model when you look from inside the cabin. But I would never have noticed, if it wasn't for your post.

Given the recent history here regarding threads like these I'd like to remind everyone that the management has a new policy regarding discussions about product "issues".
    There is no problem here now...which is good. I'm just interested in keeping it that way.

No longer active
    Question is if it was neccessary to open a new thread just for that tiny issue as there is already a Turbine Duke thread above.
    BTW, the Dukes are from Realair and not Carenado.
    But Rob regulary visits the general FSX forum (and this as well)

Hello.To you it may not be nothing.But money does not grow trees for me.So when i seen the gap below the desk. Yes i did write the post.So to me its a big deal.Two Wolves.

No longer active
    Ok, i start to realize what Roger and N2056 mean, sorry guys.
    That looks like work for you....

Blog Entries
    hey two Wolves.. yup, your right.. money doesnt grow on trees.. and incorrect normal maps can be a major distraction.. hate em myself.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. might be a good idea to also post this on the developers website so that they will be certain to be aware of it and can do something about it.. Usually Real Air doesnt make mistakes like that so who knows. it may have been a fluke ( an annoying one, but an honest mistake none the less).
    i understand the money situation better than most people know. But i also know that allowing our tempers to get the best of us usually doesnt result in getting what we need.. Give the Real Air guys a shot. Theyre pretty decent folk over there and are usually quite willing to help..
    Pam

Yep best place to report this kind of issue is in their own forum first. If you don't get satisfaction then pm me and we'll see what we can do, but Real Air have a great reputation and I'm sure they will fix this.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's stated in the manual that they didn't waste resources on modeling places that wouldn't be normally seen. I'm not sure how many people look from the external view to the interior of the VC.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    It's stated in the manual that they didn't waste resources on modeling places that wouldn't be normally seen. I'm not sure how many people look from the external view to the interior of the VC.
    Yes that is correct. In order to see the small gap under the pull out tray you have to do the following:

1. While inside the Duke with the rear view enabled, click on the table, which flips it open.

2. Go into spot view, line up the spot view camera so it is just behind the rear part of the left wing, aiming at the fuselage

3. Set the zoom to get a good view, open the door by pressing Shift E (or having opened the door already from inside the Duke before you go into spot view).

4. Observe the small gap below the housing of the opened pull out table.

That is quite a lot to do in order to find a small gap in a model that is designed like a film set rather than a full virtual interior, and it's designed this way so as to save precious frame rates by presenting the panel and cockpit so it gives best possible performance in normally used views. The gap shouldn't be there, but really, unless it was a tongue in cheek comment, posting "refund!" is a little mean spirited. We've always designed our interiors so as to give the best possible frame rate for the highest possible detail, and that means using spot view as a way to inspect the interior in detail is always going to reveal this. Spot view is normally used for looking at the exterior of the aircraft.

But if this gap, which requires the above laborious steps to be seen at all, is so irritating to one user that it spoils their ENTIRE experience of an aircraft which has hundreds of features which we feel are slightly more important, then it nevertheless goes on the list to be sealed up in the forthcoming service release!

By the way, although we don't have a RealAir forum, we do have extremely quick email response and any issues that need querying are dealt with very quickly and replied to within minutes at best and a few hours at worst, including weekdays from 8 am until midnight, Saturdays and Sundays generally until 9 pm, on public holidays, Christmas Day and New Year's day.

We have a good relationship with sim-outhouse and feel the majority of posts here are constructive, fair and balanced, and the majority of posters here are reasonable. The moderation of this forum is excellent which is why we are happy to be here.

Rob - RealAir

Quote Originally Posted by robrealair View Post

But if this gap, which requires the above laborious steps to be seen at all, is so irritating to one user that it spoils their ENTIRE experience of an aircraft which has hundreds of features which we feel are slightly more important, then it nevertheless goes on the list to be sealed up in the forthcoming service release!

Rob - RealAir
    WOW, now that is customer service for you right there....

No longer active
    I agree 100% Rob, altough you are stating the opposite of what the moderators said e.g .fix it. LOL
    It's very strange that little gap triggers replies from moderators like:

'major distraction'.. 'hate em myself'.. 'Usually Real Air doesnt make mistakes'
    'If you don't get satisfaction then pm me'

It's especially strange as this is completely against the 'new' SOH anti-bashing policy.
    If that's not bashing, what else is????
    A hole in the instrument panel, ok, but that?
    It would be nice if SOH issues a new policy that at least the moderators act accordingly.
    Now it's totally unclear how you want the members to behave.
    At least that's the impression I have not having english as my mother tongue..

While I understand your concern I cannot answer your question as those statements were not made by me. In re-reading the thread I can see possible areas where confusion could occur, but I'm not going to attempt to translate them myself as that can only be done by the authors of those comments. I am sure they will respond in the near future.

No longer active
    N2056, YOU are the one who's acting according to the new policy, and the way you did it in that case was perfectly ok IMHO!

LOL! This thread is starting to look like fun!

Anyway, I note the usual excellent reply from Rob at Realair.

BTW, I think that Realair are as good as any developer out there - not just in terms of their superb aircraft, but also in terms of their customer service. . I have had need to contact them a few times in the past and have always found them very reasonable and helpful.

Also, I think that Rob's comment about frame rate is very important and needs to be taken on board. Far better to keep a decent frame rate than to make every conceivable (even unusual?) view option perfect.

Cheers

Paul

PS I still love their Spitfire!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    I agree 100% Rob, altough you are stating the opposite of what the moderators said e.g .fix it. LOL
    It's very strange that little gap triggers replies from moderators like:

'major distraction'.. 'hate em myself'.. 'Usually Real Air doesnt make mistakes'
    'If you don't get satisfaction then pm me'

It's especially strange as this is completely against the 'new' SOH anti-bashing policy.
    If that's not bashing, what else is????
    A hole in the instrument panel, ok, but that?
    It would be nice if SOH issues a new policy that at least the moderators act accordingly.
    Now it's totally unclear how you want the members to behave.
    At least that's the impression I have not having english as my mother tongue..
    "make mistakes LIKE THAT".. Please, lets keep the context correct if nothing else.. It was quite obvious that i was referring to the gap, And if giving the people at Real Air a complement by saying they dont usually make such mistakes is bashing, then so be it.. i happen to hold them in very high regard.. i was also giving you mr BStolle some modicum of respect, which you choose to shove rather disrespectfully back in my face even though my statement was given with a gentle and positive air.

thread is closed.. i will not put up with baiters..
    Warchild!

Members who have read this thread: 0