Landing Ship LHA-5 now FREEWARE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landing Ship LHA-5 now FREEWARE

Hi Dougal, thanks ! And LOL !

Sketchy, ummmm.... I don't think so... haven't used it for so long myself.... aiCarriers is the special software to sail in convoy?
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Sketchy, ummmm.... I don't think so... haven't used it for so long myself.... aiCarriers is the special software to sail in convoy?
    Yes, thats the thing, not too worry, I am having fun flying out from Camp Pendleton to the one off Oceanside.

Thanks again!

Sketchy

You'll have to wait for our new project later this year to fly off a ship and land back on it again ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Blog Entries

dead links

Anyone know where the FSAddon LHA-5 freeware model is at? I thought I had it in my archives from when it first became freeware, but have since lost it. All the Silver Cloud links are dead ....

thanks to anyone who can help!

dl

Unhappy

Ok, I must be a real dummy, but I can not find the ship on the site. I did search and just does not come up. Sorry to be so dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Hi all,

for those of you that forgot to check our website lately, just a heads-up: our Landings Ship LHA-5 (and its 4 sister ships) is now FREE to download from our shop. It includes a fully steerable amphibious tracked vehicle, the AAV-7A1.

It has run its course commercially and since we are not selling any anymore we fiogured we might as well give it away for free to those interested. It makes for a great helicopter landing platform and the tank is cool for sightseeing on and off the beach

Attachment 32485
    I did not see it on the freeware side. Do I have to login to get this?

Then there's two of us dummies because I can't find it either. Francois (or whoever has downloaded successfully), can you make the download link a bit more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Then there's two of us dummies because I can't find it either. Francois (or whoever has downloaded successfully), can you make the download link a bit more specific?
    I think francois deleted it from his site.

I found a link for it here

http://taskforcefsx.com/11thMEU.html

Last edited by gray eagle; July 7th, 2014 at 15:43.

I downloaded this thing when it was available as freeware from Francois' site. I did not install it for several weeks. When I did a weird thing happened. ( Wish I had saved screen shots but I didn't. I did post them here at the time.) No matter where I positioned the vessel it showed in FSX as if it was about 50' in the air with a vessel sized island underneath it! I was given much advice from SOH and tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. I deleted the file.

Best, Paul

Here are the original LHA-5 screenies. I did not have any issues with it in FSX W/Accel.

Attachment 9995
    Attachment 9996
    Attachment 9997
    Attachment 9998

I surely wished mine looked like that!! (I was and am also running FSX Accel)

Paul

New Link for the LHA-5

I found the link for the Freeware LHA-5

http://taskforcefsx.com/11thMEU.html

THE LHA-5 pack by AJ Weber for FREE!
    It contains 5 static LHA scenery ships and a drivable AA7 AMTRACK

Just scroll down a little on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    I surely wished mine looked like that!! (I was and am also running FSX Accel)

Paul
    Not too shabby on my rig:

Last edited by gray eagle; July 7th, 2014 at 17:32.

LHA 1 thru 5 for ai carriers

If anyone is interested in adding LHA 1 thru 5 to AI Carriers, let me know.

Please how to do with AC2? thx
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    Please how to do with AC2? thx

I would like to help but I don't understand your question?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    If anyone is interested in adding LHA 1 thru 5 to AI Carriers, let me know.
    Edit: I've just upload it here on SOH under FSX Ships.

available here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8652&catid=114
    Last edited by gray eagle; July 8th, 2014 at 17:24.

Blog Entries
    You're a rock star, GE - many thanks.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You're a rock star, GE - many thanks.

dl

You are quite welcome, my pleasure.

Lol thx:thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Amtrac FDEs & Video

I made a video showing the AAV-7A1 'performing' in FSX. Link: http://youtu.be/ozP-PbjzY80 . I did a complete revamp of the cfg and air file (ie: FDEs). Drives good. I use a twist grip joy and is all you really need. See video for performance.

Just finished work on it last night, and will try to upload FDEs as 'update'. But first I need permission from the model owner (Lazarus?) of course. Or maybe have Erwin Welker help me with this 'task' (I emailed him). So you guys can then 'take to the hills'. Goes Anywhere - Anytime. And it does it in style. I put a wrench to it and it jams now. (I'm TOO GOOD - . Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

From long time I can't find it again.... TY!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I added it for TacPack. Works well too.

USS Tarawa (LHA-1)

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wonderful shots!
    Miro

Members who have read this thread: 3