RAZBAM HMAS Melbourne issue

Thread: RAZBAM HMAS Melbourne issue

RAZBAM HMAS Melbourne issue

Hi all I recently downloaded the freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne Included but every time i try and add it in mission builder it says 'error loading model' does anybody out there know of a fix for this by chance a similar thing happened with alphasims Cfs2 Hermes aswell but that at least showed up in the main game but not in the MB.

Regards

Hooky

Possibilities

Hooky,

Lots of code lines and titles need to match up for a ship to appear. I hope this is the problem as it is the easiest to fix.

I'm not sure if HMAS_Melbourne is the ship's exact name, but it will suffice as an example

1. Folder Name: HMAS_Melbourne

Model folder > model.cfg

[models]
    normal=HMAS_Melbourne

3. DP file (or sim name): HMAS_Melbourne

4. Ship.cfg file:

[fltsim.0]
    title=Your choice. This title shows up in the drop down menu in the MB
    sim=HMAS_Melbourne
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=

The red lines must all match up or be the same. If not, the ship won't show.

I hope that the problem lies there.

If not, check your texture folder name within the HMAS_Melbourne folder. Make sure that it is just the default "texture"

If it has a specific name, such as "texture.cammo" then that specific name must be listed as such in the "ship.cfg" file.

E.G.:

[fltsim.0]
    title=HMAS_Melbourne
    sim=HMAS_Melbourne
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=Cammo
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

thanks for that bud as it happens it was due to the fact that the ship didnt have a sound or panel folder in it which i have now rectified and every things working fine now much appreciated advice though thanks very much

Regards Hooky:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    Hi all I recently downloaded the freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne Included but every time i try and add it in mission builder it says 'error loading model' does anybody out there know of a fix for this by chance a similar thing happened with alphasims Cfs2 Hermes aswell but that at least showed up in the main game but not in the MB.

Regards

Hooky
    Hi. Is there a link where the "freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne" is available?
    :ernae:

I took a look around the RAZBAM web site, but I didn't see the freeware link. Looks like they dropped the service, although someone with more internet skill may be able to find a link for it. At one time they had all of their CFS 2 products downloadable as freeware.

RAZBAM:

http://www.razbamsims.com/index.html
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Jagdflieger. I'll do some more digging.
    :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 4