Thread: HU! another Sabre paint at Avsim

HU! another Sabre paint at Avsim

I'm going to need a bigger HD soon.....
    this one's by Eric Joiner

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...rp&DLID=131069

screenshot link ---> http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.ph...ImageID=224789

ttfn

Pete

Its nice but not real accurate. The navy birds were alot of former JASDAF Sabres and were painted aluminum, gray, or white.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Its nice but not real accurate. The navy birds were alot of former JASDAF Sabres and were painted aluminum, gray, or white.
    Doesn't look too bad to me :mixedsmi:

I'll settle for anything that fits this model, authentic or fictional ...it's the girl that makes the outfit, not the opposite :ernae:

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    I'll settle for anything that fits this model, authentic or fictional ...it's the girl that makes the outfit, not the opposite :ernae:
    Exactly!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Whoa! It's a Sabre..! That's good enough for me!! The 'Sword' and the 'E E Lightning'..sex with wings! Paint her like a 'Barber Pole' and she would still pass my Flight Acceptance Test.

Walt
    Fly High..Punch Holes in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Doesn't look too bad to me :mixedsmi:
    Panther is correct - I was stationed at NAS Point MUGU - home of the Pacific Missile Test Center (PMTC) and the repaint looks very close.

Mike

I concur with Flyboy, looks like the drones on the Targets ramp at NAWS Pt. Mugu or at NAWS China Lake. I got to see the last one of the last QF-86's at China Lake upon returning from what was to be her last flight. She out flew a Hornet, dodging two AIM-9's and taking some 20mm across the rear fuselage.

The bird was safely landed, patched up and is on display at China Lakes aircraft "petting zoo", ie; she's on a pole near the main gate.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Members who have read this thread: 0