Oops

Thread: Oops

Oops

My wife forwarded this sad seaplane tale from the PNW to me just now. My favorite part? The plane belonged to a friend of his who was out of town at the time. Try explaining this...

http://wilsonville.katu.com/news/new...e-river/438386

That's the thing about those Amphibs. The wheels go down for landing on land, not on water. Put em down for a water landing and the plane goes flippity flippity flop! Have seen a few videos of amphibs doing cartwheels after touching down on water with the gear down. Too bad we can't model that into our sim amphibs.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2020
    Bugga :redf:

Pete.

Anyone know what type of Floater that was?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

A wet one?

I'll grab me coat...
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Living proof that flying inverted under water is a health hazard.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Glad the pilot is ok, bet his friend will never again let him borrow his airplane.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Looking at the photos in the article. The aircraft has a narrow fuselage with a stabilator, I can't think of any aircraft at the moment that would fit that description. The scale between the rescue workers and the floats make it appear to be a small aircraft (ex: J-3 in size).

Edit: Maybe a Zenith CH 7XX kitplane

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    That's the thing about those Amphibs. The wheels go down for landing on land, not on water. Put em down for a water landing and the plane goes flippity flippity flop! ...
    Yeah, caught that on the tube the other evening while visiting my sis in Portland.
    Had told her at once, "Well, there you go: he had his wheels down for a water landing, a real no-no!".
    Lucky he didn't get hurt more seriously... or worse.

Love my sister dearly. She tolerates my enthusiasm for flight patiently & wonderfully. :-)

​.