BC PNW Lighthouses Released

Thread: BC PNW Lighthouses Released

BC PNW Lighthouses Released

Uploaded to AVSIM Library and FlightSim.Com earlier today was my scenery of 18 lighthouses with their helipads. Based on real world locations in the Pacific Northwest of British Columbia, it was designed to work with Orbx's FTX NA Blue Pacific Northwest. I have posted a couple of preview shots for you. I see that AVSIM Library already has it posted, filename is bcpnwlighthouses.zip.

The day shot is of Pulteney Point Lighthouse and the night shot is of Carmanah Point Lighthouse.

Regards, Mike Mann

Looking good! Thanks, Mike.

Yes thanks Mike:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I noticed that the package is now up at FlightSim.com as well.

Regards, Mike Mann

Excellent. I hope is has Fisgard LH. I have a good story and memory of that place, utterly inappropriate for the forums though

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    Excellent. I hope is has Fisgard LH. I have a good story and memory of that place, utterly inappropriate for the forums though
    Unfortunately Fisgard Lighthouse is not included as it failed to meet the requirements I had set. The lighthouses had to be staffed, Fisgard is a automated. The lighthouses included had to have a helipad, Fisgard has no helipad.

Regards, Mike Mann

Ah well, it is still nice to see someone making stuff for the Canadian portion of the FTX scenery. I love the OrbX stuff because.. well because I can see lol, but there have been 7 add on airports for the US, with Portland still to come and nothing in the approx. 350,000 sq\m of Canada that is included in the NA sceneries. I could drive to Concrete Mun in an hour or be at Orcas by boat in 30 min and I love that they are doing such great stuff so close to where I live. It does however make it a bit frustrating hoping they will just do one a few miles north! (I think the Bella Bellas would make a great package..)

Seems I got sidetracked, again... thanks for these add ons! I think I'll take the Bird Dog and go have a look.

Charter Member 2011
    Thanks for this Mike. I've only caught a couple just north of Port Hardy, and it is sure nice to see those colourful rooftops. Haven't noticed any lighting though. Quality work sir!

Cheers
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by wallyboard View Post
    Thanks for this Mike. I've only caught a couple just north of Port Hardy, and it is sure nice to see those colourful rooftops. Haven't noticed any lighting though. Quality work sir!

Cheers
    Larry
    The lighting effect is the standard rotating beacon provided by Microsoft, meaning that it is time driven and not weather driven. In other words you can have the foggiest day on record, but if it isn't night the beacon won't light!

Regards, Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    Ah well, it is still nice to see someone making stuff for the Canadian portion of the FTX scenery. I love the OrbX stuff because.. well because I can see lol, but there have been 7 add on airports for the US, with Portland still to come and nothing in the approx. 350,000 sq\m of Canada that is included in the NA sceneries. I could drive to Concrete Mun in an hour or be at Orcas by boat in 30 min and I love that they are doing such great stuff so close to where I live. It does however make it a bit frustrating hoping they will just do one a few miles north! (I think the Bella Bellas would make a great package..)

Seems I got sidetracked, again... thanks for these add ons! I think I'll take the Bird Dog and go have a look.
    Lest you think we're ignoring Canada for no good reason, let me say that I'd love to do some airports up there... the problem is, our high-detail sceneries rely on having high-quality aerial photos on which to base things. In the US, obtaining those photos is ridiculously simple, and almost always free of charge. Canada does things differently, charging some pretty hefty fees for use of aerial shots. That's why you see a lot more payware and freeware done for FTX within the States.

Members who have read this thread: 0