WKRP: Johnny Fever and the "Phone Cops"

Thread: WKRP: Johnny Fever and the "Phone Cops"

WKRP: Johnny Fever and the "Phone Cops"

It was (along with "Turkey's Away") one of the funniest episodes ever!

[YOUTUBE]cTPzTG1Lx60&feature[/YOUTUBE]

NC

I remember the show. Pretty good even today. Unfortunately you cannot get the original music when buying the episodes. But I have all the originals taped off of tv from years ago.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Yessir, the Phone Cops, Turkeys away ("As god is my witness . . . .") and the one where Johnny convinced Herb that Jennifer was a transexual -- formerly a guy -- to dissuade Herb from bothering her. My wife and I still talk about "The Phone Police", at certain appropriate times.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    . . . But I have all the originals taped off of tv from years ago.
    Oh you Dog! I envy you greatly!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

"Turkeys Away!" was one of the funniest bits in the history of TV sitcoms.

I was actually working in Radio when this show was still running, and the real scary thing is most of the things that happened on that show, and the personalities were much more accurate than you can imagine (except for Mr Carlson, our Station Manager was a pretty sharp tack).

The stories I tell my kids they refuse to believe, I can't count the number of times one of the jocks would light (as in flick the bic) the copy of the news reader while they were live on the air and only part way into the news... we had a smoke alarm wired to the fire dept and of course Station 3 rolled every time, now old gig never did anything like that... I did score 3 minutes at 76db snoring once (a station record). We were doing a network feed of a religous show and I was laid back in my chair sawing wood, as the feed finished the news guy who was waiting for me to do the station ID time check and intro to the news, well he got me... into the control room quiet as a mouse, opened the mic and went wide open on the gain... The news room downstairs was on the floor in total hysteria, the news director finally composed himself ran up the steps and with amazing accuracy got me square in the nose with a cart (the cartridge we used for commercials) I woke up, the nose bleed was epic... and of course someone got it on tape, so I never lived it down...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!