Any update on Duck Icarus?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any update on Duck Icarus?

Any update on Duck Icarus?

Where nearing the end of the month and it seems all updates have stopped.... Love to see the duck! And the flying wing too.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

He reported on another forum, he got pretty disgusted here, that he probably will have it ready by the end of the month, the latest photos look great......

Awwwww...... I miss him. Hes a good guy.

Yeah he was a good guy wonder what happened?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

icarus
    still here...i am waiting another model update about tailhook...i wanted also the gunner version with tailhook..when i receive it i will release...it should be this afternoon but i haven't still received the new updated model so will be released tomorrow or thursday. then in two another weeks hope to release also horten 229
    :salute:

Thats awesome news mate! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Glad to hear from you again Mr. Icarus!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Henschel 129...

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Henschel 129...

icarus
    the release list is grumman duck, two weeks later horten 229, then another two weeks for fiesler 156 and so on for the henschel 129, there could be more time if problems occuring on last final test...

the bad new is that still i didnt receive the updated models of the grumman duck so it is a little bit hard made the installer without the new model...hope to receive it today.

During those release there will be an update about dragon rapide and gladiator, added more features as parachute troup abd bags 3d effects for dragon, bomb release with explosion effect on the ground

updates obviously free for old customers.

icarus

new skins just maked, tailhook with rear gunner version received, have you a little more of patience i am on final test and releasing in those two next days. i will post here when is up

icarus
    uss heron

I also take that there is a non gunner tail variant as well? Non the less, i look forward to it!

icarus
    yes also the gunner version without tailhook, seven model versions and twenty skins.

icarus

Great looking shots Icarus! Though not normally my flavor, WWII warbirds, may have to look at this one when it's released.

Just out of curiosity, with the tailhook variant, were they carrier capable? I would have assumed (wrongly) that with the big float, would be quite a challenge to put down on a small carrier deck.

Matt

icarus
    i haven't so much experience about landing on carrier but i was able to land three tries on three on carrier, to take off its also easy just release the tailhook give full engine power and then it will take off...i have tried on a default carrier on fsx without problems. the duck it flies very well, i am also adding different effects for each version(seven), gunner effect, fire engine, parachute launching.

now i am making two sceneries airfield about original airbase wwii and it will be ready

Sweet! I look forward to it!

icarus
    WWII airfield ready...seems i am at the end of this release, i will update when will be out(soon finally)...enjoy few more screenshots with this airfield as main subject(imagine the time placing all those objects, more than 50 different humans)

icarus

Woohoo! I look forward to it! And after i buy this, i will buy the horten!

Normaly i never criticize others work, but someone have to say it. The panel lines look too prominent, they should have been way more tuned down, more subtile. I love your model but the paint is not very good.

The silver color is way off and need some more work. I'm sorry to say this, but i have allways liked the "Duck", therefore i'm sticking my nose out such that the textures can be better treated.

Example:

http://blog.kermitweeks.com/wp-conte...-in-flight.jpg

http://www.warbirdsandairshows.com/i...j2f-107w-1.jpg

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraf...taking-off.jpg

http://www.taylormademiniatures.com/172820d80.jpg

icarus
    sorry but i m not agree...i have taken the colour from book and a dark grey is a dark grey and a sea blue is a sea blue..if you take 40 different photos you will see always few difference.

fsx colours results in that way

pantone colours palette and book references is a law not an opinion...i am just using it.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    sorry but i m not agree...i have taken the colour from book and a dark grey is a dark grey and a sea blue is a sea blue..if you take 40 different photos you will see always few difference.

fsx colours results in that way

pantone colours palette and book references is a law not an opinion...i am just using it.

Very well, i hope that you release a paintkit, and i would change the riveting, the panel lines and many other things that would look better concording with my personal taste :-)

Henry,
    I'm sure that Icarus has done his best. The Duck has been in development now for well over a year and I think that most of us would simply like to see it released. I've no doubt that repainters like yourself will have plenty of opportunity to come up with alternative schemes once it is released. Icarus has already responded to the rivet size issue and reduced them and I would guess that once he has finished the scenery it will be released.
    I for one am really looking forward to flying the finished product.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 0