Autostart IRIS Vulcan?

Thread: Autostart IRIS Vulcan?

Autostart IRIS Vulcan?

I've seen some threads about how to start this aircraft, and it seems complicated for the casual pilots (like me :-). Is there a way to make it so it auto starts with a key stroke or it is already running on the runway? Thanks.

LT1

Quote Originally Posted by 1970LT1 View Post
    I've seen some threads about how to start this aircraft, and it seems complicated for the casual pilots (like me :-). Is there a way to make it so it auto starts with a key stroke or it is already running on the runway? Thanks.

LT1

There is a quick start method in the documentation and I printed off the relevant page and used that to start the engines. It's a lot of buttons but it isn't that hard for someone like me who is systems-phobic,lol.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by 1970LT1 View Post

LT1

I sent a PM to David of Iris a couple a weeks ago asking if they were thinking of installing a single start switch like the A-10 and he responded they are planning an update an that switch will be part of it. No idea when it is coming our way!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Could some high res VC textures be part of that update? You can't easily read a good chunk of the cockpit. It is the main reason she doesn't come out of my hangar too often.

It's pretty easy to start as it is, there's a master switch on the right side-panel then you just switch on the fuel pumps and use Rapid Start to start all the engines.

I've never been through the long startup procedure though.

Regarding the 'purist' procedure to get the Vulcan running, watch this Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QnH...59117&index=30

Note: not mentioned is the need to have the pressure head heater and master electrical switches turned on - both are located on the co-pilots side console. Switch these on first before following what you see in the video.

Here's a very abbreviated and simple rapid start checklist that works fine:

Before Start:

[Starboard Console]
    Master - ON
    Pressure Head Heater - ON

[Center Console]
    Fuel Feeds (4) - AUTO

[Port Console]
    Cross Feeds (2) - ON
    Normal/Rapid Switch - RAPID
    Rapid Start Button - PRESS

After Start:

[Port Console]
    Cross Feeds (2) - OFF
    Red Lights - PRESS to clear

[Starboard Console]
    ID Lights - ON
    Cabin Air - ON
    Airframe Heat (3) - ON

The last three are superfluous ... unless you're in a real Vulcan ... but they add a half gram of realism.

Mike

Can't locate the port (left) side cross feeds

Quote Originally Posted by mbmorgan View Post
    Here's a very abbreviated and simple rapid start checklist that works fine:Before Start:[Starboard Console]
    Master - ONPressure Head Heater - ON
    [Center Console]
    Fuel Feeds (4) - AUTO
    [Port Console]
    Cross Feeds (2) - ONNormal/Rapid Switch - RAPIDRapid Start Button - PRESS
    After Start:[Port Console]
    Cross Feeds (2) - OFFRed Lights - PRESS to clear
    [Starboard Console]
    ID Lights - ONCabin Air - ONAirframe Heat (3) - ON
    The last three are superfluous ... unless you're in a real Vulcan ... but they add a half gram of realism.Mike
    Can't locate the port (left) side cross feedsBill

Hi, Dave Garwood developed a quick start gauge which started and configured the Iris Vulcan for flight by lifting the co-pilot armrest. You can get it over on Classic British Flight Sim (CBFS).

Search for the thread 'Iris Vulcan tweaks'.

Andy

I've just found out the link to my quickstart mod over at CBFS was broken. I've re-uploaded the file so if anyone tried to download it and couldn't, please try again.

Members who have read this thread: 7