SYFY Cancels Stargate Universe

Thread: SYFY Cancels Stargate Universe

SYFY Cancels Stargate Universe

I knew I didn't want to get into that show!!!!

http://www.tv.com/syfy-closes-starga...spot;gumball;1
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Lightbulb

SYFY also cancelled "Caprica" too..........

I just read that too... Sucks! It will be interesting to see the new series that they are going to do with BSG, if they don't cancel it first.

OMFG!!!!

Well, there ya go, give us a taste and Then Leave us Hanging, I wish they would bring back SG-1, or Stargate Atlantis for that matter, Speechless
    to the Powers that Be at SYFY I say this to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Probably making room for more "Reality" shows. The History Channel no longer runs a single History show..their entire line up is "Reality" shows. If you want history, you have to pony up extra bucks to subscribe to the premium History channel. Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp Loggers, American Restoration. Seems as though "reality" TV has become the norm for television since there are no fresh ideas for sitcoms and/or dramas.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2011
    Well, there you go.... I guess I'll just be happy watching "Fringe" on the FOX network then, It's more science fiction than what's left on SYFY now anyway, and much more entertaining.

I'm not surprised. Stargate Universe just seemed to recycle a lot of ideas from various other franchises and plonk them in Stargate. It also seemed to have seem fairly ropey acting, including Robert Carlisle (who I normally quite enjoy watching).
    Swa se šeodkyning žeawum lyfde

Listen out for the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! when Lionheart sees this.

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

Fringe was moved to friday night, wont be long till its cancelled...........

I am hoping that this will open the door to like two hour movies instead for each of the series, but I am not going to hold my breath!

Retired SOH Administrator
    That was the finale....
    ...And be back in spring...

...That's a long vacation.. for SU

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stopped watching the "syfy" channel during the spring. I still have it on the guide, and it upsets me greatly at the amount non-sci-fi shows those B@$t@rd$ think they have to show.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by traindriver98 View Post
    I stopped watching the "syfy" channel during the spring. I still have it on the guide, and it upsets me greatly at the amount non-sci-fi shows those B@$t@rd$ think they have to show.
    Yeah, wrestling?? What the heck does that have to do with science fiction anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by yank51 View Post
    Yeah, wrestling?? What the heck does that have to do with science fiction anyway??
    Why do you think they changed the name from SciFi to Syfy? It's a pitty, that was a good channel years ago. I'm sure there is enough viewers who like good sci-fi to make it a vialble station again. Seems like the execs in charge are not too bright.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Frand View Post
    Fringe was moved to friday night, wont be long till its cancelled...........

The Friday night Fox death slot... Killed Firefly... another good Sci-fi show
    You can't take the sky from me...

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    The Friday night Fox death slot... Killed Firefly... another good Sci-fi show
    I agree. Wonder what they are trying to compete with anyway? Not the SYFY channel I'm sure. Can't remember what's on the regular stations on Friday nights...

Well, it's certainly fiction at any rate!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

unfortunately reality shows are spreading like a disease and are killing quality programming . as long as people keep watching these things , it is not going to get any better .
    "Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt."
    Mahatma Gandhi

those who would trade freedom in order to get safety deserve neither

Well....isn't wrestling scyence fyction (SyFy).

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Probably making room for more "Reality" shows. The History Channel no longer runs a single History show..their entire line up is "Reality" shows. If you want history, you have to pony up extra bucks to subscribe to the premium History channel. Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp Loggers, American Restoration. Seems as though "reality" TV has become the norm for television since there are no fresh ideas for sitcoms and/or dramas.

OBIO
    Yep. I think the "bottom line" also has something to do with it. I don't know if anyone has ever seen The Player, about the Hollywood studio system, but in one scene, Tim Robbins and Peter Gallagher's characters have an exchange about how to eliminate all the writers and actors from the entertainment process - because they're costing too much money. I had no idea their real-life counterparts were really working on that. I'm appalled at the money the cast of Jersey Shore or The Hills get, but it's a pittance compared to what the cast of a really successful scripted show makes, say Friends, or Seinfeld.

Does anyone else find the terms "Reality" and "Televison" contradictory?

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

The term "Reality" is a joke when it comes to most of these shows! The only show I consider reality is COPS and I have been watching that since it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    The term "Reality" is a joke when it comes to most of these shows! The only show I consider reality is COPS and I have been watching that since it started.
    "Reality" when applied to these shows is truly a monumental oxymoron...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit