A Cat from Hell? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Cat from Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Jamie's comment says it all. I think the tone was set in an early stage. I'd think twice to put in another shot. The first comments didn't really reflect the adagium of this site: 'Let being helpful be more important than being right,' did they?

Cees
    Possibly. I'd like to hear of examples of being helpful being better than being right.

Being right usually nails it. if you're wrong, you're not very helpful, are you? Does post #2 fulfill either criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    I agree as well, I was thinking of posting some screenshots of a certain aircraft in FSX that wasn't in a strictly real situation, but now I am having second thoughts.........

(Koolhoven FK.58 in Amsterdam)
    Well, I would really like to see that one!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    What's with all of the complaining? If Dexdoggy wants to fly his Hellcat in FSX with bombs, rockets, arrows, nukes and laser beams strapped under the wings then that's just peachy, that's his prerogative.

I'd hazard a guess and say he does it because it's fun and because he can. Nothing else needs to be said really.
    That is true and this is a flight sim, not the real world. I often get wrapped up in the hunt for the greatest accuracy and in the sim world you don't need that to have fun. It is a nice screen shot.

Oh, by the way, can I have some sharks with laser beams attached to their heads?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Helpful advice is always welcome, helped me out a great deal.

edited.....

decided to let it lie,
    Jamie

But speaking of a cat from hell, I found a nice photo of a real F6F-5K loaded with a 2000 lb bomb. USS Boxer, August, 1952. Weird seeing a Hellcat ready for launch and no one inside the cockpit.

Attachment 25362
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'd like to hear of examples of being helpful being better than being right.
    Being helpful, better than being a ****

I found a nice photo of a real F6F-5K loaded with a 2000 lb bomb.
    Have you noticed how distorted the wheels are in that photo! Am I right in thinking the pod under the wing is for the TV camera for the controller?

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Have you noticed how distorted the wheels are in that photo! Am I right in thinking the pod under the wing is for the TV camera for the controller?
    I'm sure she's on the heavy side with the remote control equipment plus the big bomb. The pod under the wing is a tv pod.

...didn't mean for this to be so controversial!

The snap was just a moment of enjoyment of my new Vertigo Hellcat (yeh, I know it's not the latest release but I really like it!) and also my new "Atolls of Tuvalu" scenery that I had recently purchased! Don't rely on my poor screenshot; these add-ons are both fantastic and worthy additions for FSX!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexdoggy View Post

The snap was just a moment of enjoyment of my new Vertigo Hellcat (yeh, I know it's not the latest release but I really like it!) and also my new "Atolls of Tuvalu" scenery that I had recently purchased! Don't rely on my poor screenshot; these add-ons are both fantastic and worthy additions for FSX!
    The add on scenery package explains the nice looking water, shallows, and coastal waves. Nice colors too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexdoggy View Post

Love,love.love the screenshot.PLEASE keep them coming!! It's SO refreashing hearing about people enjoying FSX instead of the other way around.
    Thank You for your screenshot and post Dexdoggy!
    Happy Holidays to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Hey Dex,

I love the shot, wish my X looked like that, green with envy I am. Anyway, your shot inspired me, I've just finished a little dash around in my Fleet air arm Gannet (Hellkitty :d) bought it ages ago on disc and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Jamie

PS. no pics I'm afraid (cos I am)

Thanks all for your kind words, and indeed have a great Christmas!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Hey Dex,

I'm curious about the quote in your sig, from a film or something? Whilst I'm most definitely a dog person, that does sound a little harsh on olé Tiddles. Or was she the Cat from Hell you mentioned in your opening?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Hey Dex,

I'm curious about the quote in your sig, from a film or something? Whilst I'm most definitely a dog person, that does sound a little harsh on olé Tiddles. Or was she the Cat from Hell you mentioned in your opening?

Jamie
    Hi Jamie,
    It's a line used in Battlestar Galactica which is my fav "dark" sci-fi show! Certainly no bad intent against kitties of any kind!

Jamie, have'nt you got the new FSX Gannet ASW that Rob Richardson did, I think I had that Gannet a good few years back spent more time on its tail when taxiing than on 3 wheels left it behind when I moved out here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Hey Dex,

I love the shot, wish my X looked like that, green with envy I am. Anyway, your shot inspired me, I've just finished a little dash around in my Fleet air arm Gannet (Hellkitty :d) bought it ages ago on disc and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Jamie

PS. no pics I'm afraid (cos I am)

Charter Member 09
    In defense of being "accurate", I would say that you fellows that don't give a R.A. as to if a plane is depicted correctly, I would say that there are so many inaccuarcies that have crept in about WWII aircraft that as long as I live. I will defend against them.
    From the bob nosed PBYs the folding wingtip floats on the JRF, the back brace on the canopy of the Bearcat to the bombs carried by the Hellcats.
    Now I lived with these aircraft and for future reference, I'd like to show them as they really were.
    No jet engines on a PBY or purple TBFs thank you.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Jamie, have'nt you got the new FSX Gannet ASW that Rob Richardson did, I think I had that Gannet a good few years back spent more time on its tail when taxiing than on 3 wheels left it behind when I moved out here.

Rich, I thinks he's referencing the fact that the Fleet Air Arm initially called Hellcats Gannets in keeping with the aircraft naming policy extant at the time. Then someone pointed out it was just confusing issues, never mind trying to order parts, so they reverted to calling them Gannets. It was at the same time they stopped calling Wildcats Martlets.

Now to see if I can mount some railguns on an F4U...

Got the cat a little while ago. Unfortunately, it dropped me down to 5-10 fps.

Members who have read this thread: 0