FsX Configurator

Thread: FsX Configurator

Hybrid View

FsX Configurator

Well worth a look and free...I'm testing a new FsX.cfg now. It should be good it's from Jesus Bojote!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-...-tool-for-fsx/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Results excellent. At last I don't get short term freeze-ups and my FsX stability is best ever.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!

Hi all,

Thanks for the Heads-Up Roger.

This works like a charm, I already see massive improvements.
    Better FPS, less blurries, less stutters. And I wasn't even that unhappy with it, hahah!
    I have a what one would call a low end systen, Intel Duo Core 2,3GHz, 2 gig ram, GTS8800 512. XP-SP3
    This is on a relatively fresh system re-install, with new FSX+accel, NickN's tricks applied, defragged, etc.

I would say, give it a go, no harm done.

still 2 questions:
    How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
    How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

Best regards,

Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Jesus recommended it I see. I checked it out, and it applies many tweaks I already apply (AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND). Furthermore, this adds some unique tweaks I was not aware of...

Guys, I would actually recommend this. Furthermore, it allows you to backup your original file.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
    How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing
    To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.

Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.

I found the link to that configurator in some forums related to the FSX and decided to give it a try. And i have to say with this external frame limiter and the new cfg file the FSx runs more stable. And as i corrected some mistakes with my videocardsettings which i made, i have some more ressources free for more details now. Its a try worth for the most users with no doubt.

Many thanks for that work to Jesus Bojote. Thank you. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.
    Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.
    Thanks Cody.
    I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.

And it appears the Transperance Anti Aliassing was already off, but thanks for pointing the way.

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!
    Well! I finally sobered up (), and it does indeed work like advertised!

Really. I have a slow system:

G50VT-X1 Specifications
    Processor Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz
    Windows Vista OS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1
    Hard Drive 320GB (7200RPM)
    Screen Size 15.6" HD (1366x768)
    RAM 4GB DDR2 667Mhz
    Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti with Light Scribe
    Direct Disc Labeling Yes
    Graphics Card NVIDIA 9800M GS with 512MB GDDR3 VRAM
    yet performance is MUCH smoother after doing this tweak. Much smoother!

I was having trouble even at Vashon, but after applying this, no troubles at all.

One question, I left the default external limiter value at 30, but given that I have never seen a framerate above 20, even with these two utilities, should I lower it, and would it help?

Oh, I was going to suggest that this be made a "sticky", but I see I have been beaten to the punch, LOL!

I tried the frame rate limiter from the link on the configurator page but when I click on its app icon a small dos like black box comes up and quickly is gone again. Any ideas why or how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I tried the frame rate limiter from the link on the configurator page but when I click on its app icon a small dos like black box comes up and quickly is gone again. Any ideas why or how to fix?
    Don't double click the executable labeled "FPS_LIMITER". You want to double click the MS DOS batch file executable named "fsx.exe.limited".
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Well worth a look and free...I'm testing a new FsX.cfg now. It should be good it's from Jesus Bojote!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/318918-...-tool-for-fsx/
    Thanks for this, Roger
    .......Jesus Bojote, I LIKE THIS!!

(K.I.S.S) Keep It Simple Stupid = My way of life! Now FSX is :ernae:

The frame rate limiter is a thorn in my shoe

Members who have read this thread: 8