FsX Configurator - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FsX Configurator

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    FSX.cfg is just a text document and I would recommend making a copy of that file before making any changes and running FSX.
    The tune up program makes a back up of every cfg it produces and can be downloaded if required.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

To get the FPS limiter, use Google search "fps limiter 0.2 download" for a number of sites. Using an "unlimited" setting in FSX in combination with the external FPS-limiter seems to work well for many people. (Though not all.)

Jesus has been working these tweaks for many months now--he's got a pretty good idea of what is happening and his suggestions have attracted a lot of attention. The "FSG Tweaker" is his way to attempt to "automate" the process so that lots of people can take advantage of this hard won knowledge.

One might best take this process as an extensive set of well-tested tweaks--from a truly knowledgeable programmer--rather than as a quick fix.

Much to be recommended. (Though as ever, backup everything before you begin...)

Thanks for the heads-up, Roger.
    -Mike

Hmmm, did a search for the FPS limiter. Seems it's only avalable from rather dubious sites eg Rapidshare and Rapidlibrary, that are historically riddled with adware, spyware etc.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Hi Pips,

more about FPS limiter in this thread
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=46148
    Here a zip of what I installed, except the .bat file
    Attachment 24431

Does anyone know what the D3D8, D3D9 or OGL options do?
    Seems to work OK though, I now only use D3D8.
    Edit: the answer to this question (from the other post) seems to be:
    D3D8 = DX8
    D3D9 = DX9
    OGL = Open GL

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Cheers Rob, appreciate it.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Where the CFG file is located there is also a fsx.CFG ( text doc) Do u delete that when make changes to the actual CFG or not??
    The file named with the .txt extension is an auto-generated file that is created whenever FSX crashes. It was intended to be sent directly to MS/ACES along with some other diagnostic files if the user opted to "Send to Microsoft."

It has absolutely NO OTHER USE whatever... :ernae:

Also, be sure that FSX is not loaded when using this automated tool.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Videre Vincere Est
    thanks for the h/u, Roger.

But i had to use the backup FSX.cfg right after i tried the modified one. It totally goofed up my add-on AI from JustFlight.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Icon5

Hi all

I had long ago given up all hope of getting my FSX to run smoothly on my current machine. But this FSX Configurator together with the use of the FPS Limiter has actually given me a boost in both smoothness and FPS

Now i just have one question: is it possible to combine this with a program like Active Sky Evolution? After loading the weather system, this program normally starts up FSX. How do I make it start up the fsx.exe.limited.bat file instead?

Regards
    Kim Dahl

I put in about three hours of flight time yesterday using the new cfg file. I must say that the whole experience was much smoother and had a higher frame rate average. I've now overclocked my Q9650 and the RAM seems to be happy with a mild overclock as well. I think this will give me the FSX experience I've been wanting ever since FSX was released.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I put in about three hours of flight time yesterday using the new cfg file. I must say that the whole experience was much smoother and had a higher frame rate average. I've now overclocked my Q9650 and the RAM seems to be happy with a mild overclock as well. I think this will give me the FSX experience I've been wanting ever since FSX was released.
    3.8GHz to 4.0GHz is the sweet spot for FSX...nice to hear you got what you aimed for!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

The wild thing is that this Q9650 didn't actually get any of its TJunc temps up to 60C until I pushed it to 3.8GHz. Maximum core 0 temp is 63C, the other cores are running up to 9C cooler. I would have been satisfied with 3.6GHz, but at that speed core 0 was only 58C. I'm thinking I could push this CPU to 3.9 or even 4.0GHz, but the RAM is happy where it is, 423 MHz with a 2.00 multiplier, and any gains may not be worth the price of having to loosen the RAM timings, currently 4-4-4-12 and 2T.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Can you back off the vcore voltage a little and still hit 3.8? I know that the specs say 63C is max but I have had my Q9550 at 4.0 forever and when I run games it hits 63C all the time. It's two years old and shows no sign of wearing down.

Unfortunately, backing off the VCore results in a core failing Prime95. Vcore in BIOS is 1.34375v, it is registering as 1.31v in CPUID HWMonitor.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdahl View Post
    Now i just have one question: is it possible to combine this with a program like Active Sky Evolution? After loading the weather system, this program normally starts up FSX. How do I make it start up the fsx.exe.limited.bat file instead?
    Hi Kim, I just checked, you can start ASE, and let it load.
    Then you seperately click the FSX start bat (so not from withing ASE)
    The connection is made automaitically.

Does that help?

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, backing off the VCore results in a core failing Prime95. Vcore in BIOS is 1.34375v, it is registering as 1.31v in CPUID HWMonitor.
    Sorry phone calls...what motherboard do you have? Include ver #

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Sorry phone calls...what motherboard do you have? Include ver #
    Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R, version 2.0, F4 BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Hi Kim, I just checked, you can start ASE, and let it load.
    Then you seperately click the FSX start bat (so not from withing ASE)
    The connection is made automaitically.

Does that help?

Best, Rob
    Hi Rob

Thank you for the answer. I had just hoped that there was a way to integrate the process, so that ASE would activate the .bat file.

Regards
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Warrant View Post
    But i had to use the backup FSX.cfg right after i tried the modified one. It totally goofed up my add-on AI from JustFlight.
    If TrafficX's aircraft are stored in a folder other than FSX's default ones, Bojote's tool most probably forget the path to the AI aircrafts' folder in the new FSX.cfg.

4-4-4-12
    If T(RD) reads anything below 7 as a value, I'll start drooling. :d

P.S:
    You people with your high multiplier CPUs...

I need to kick my Q9450 up WITH LOTS OF FSB SPEED instead of just going up a bit and letting the multi do the rest. ;P

a stupid question... but where i find the fsx.cfg... i don't have it in my fsx folder!!!

thanks

:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by res non verba View Post
    a stupid question... but where i find the fsx.cfg... i don't have it in my fsx folder!!!
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fsx.cfg+location

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

thanks, but... nojoy!

the only file i have that somehow resembles what could be a fsx.cfg is a settings.cfg in

c:\users\(my windows user name)\documents\flight simulator x files\...
    Attachment 24579
    i'm using vista and don't have any folder named Application Data...

thanks

thanks, but... nojoy!

the only file i have that somehow resembles what could be a fsx.cfg is a settings.cfg in
    The AppData (Vista name for the folder) is a hidden folder. Go to Users\[your user name] then select "Folder and Search Options" from the Organize menu. Select the View tab in the dialog. Then check "Show hidden files and folders." When you look now,the AppData folder will be visible.

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    thanks, but... nojoy!

c:\users\(my windows user name)\documents\flight simulator x files\...
    Attachment 24579
    i'm using vista and don't have any folder named Application Data...

thanks

Have you enabled 'Show hidden files and folders'? I would guess not.

My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Select 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial130.html

thanks!!! :salute:

now i found it... it was the show hidden files and folders option

in vista is in...

c:\users\(user name)\appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx\fsx.cfg

thanks again!

icarus
    You'll probably notice even more improvement if you have an ATI card.
    unfortunately not for my three computers all with ati card...they have all very twekaed version of the fsx.cfg, after have modified as suggested the fsx.cg it degraded my performance about 6-7/fps so i have deleted the new fsx.cfg on the three system and back to old ones...seems i was so good to tweak that i don't need this new one .

i have also noted poor performance on graphic with new ones...coming back to my original fsx.cfg also graphic back at normal...probably it don't like ati card or who knows what...each person has a different configuration...i have three different ones with three different ati card and no success...i had 30/fps so i have tried only to check...i am satisfied with actual fps no blurries etc, it was just a try