Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NorCal Prop Club

Awwwww! I'm sorry Oleboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    I'm not.

You sound as if directing that towards me?
    ...I've read where others around here have had issues about the place over the years. Something about permissions. Editing files without approval. Etc..etc.

I'm just posting to let everyone know

Quote Originally Posted by djscoo View Post
    I'm not.
    Bad blood?

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    You sound as if directing that towards me? I'm just posting to let everyone know
    Oh no no! I probably should have said, "I'm sorry to hear that" instead.

Thanks for letting us know!

I despise these little boxes for any kind of get-to-know-someone topics. I can relate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I despise these little boxes for any kind of get-to-know-someone topics. I can relate
    Cloud9Gal, is not a simmer, Her husband is. She was trying to be sympathetic with you. She wasn't making any inferences.

I on the other hand am a simmer and I have heard about NorCal Prop club. Although I didn't and never went there, some of the developers have had problems with that site. As I recall, permissions and the free use of other people's creative property was the reason some developers had problems with them.

Were you associated with NorCal Prob Club?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

well, dang. I still needed to pick up the JF Cessna 152...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Cloud9Gal, is not a simmer, Her husband is. She was trying to be sympathetic with you. She wasn't making any inferences.

I on the other hand am a simmer and I have heard about NorCal Prop club. Although I didn't and never went there, some of the developers have had problems with that site. As I recall, permissions and the free use of other people's creative property was the reason some developers had problems with them.

Were you associated with NorCal Prob Club?
    Regarding C9gals comment. I knew that. I was just making a remark about these little boxes we all type in. How difficult it is to judge meaning in what is said. That's all. I meant no harm either.

You ask if I was associated with NorCal. Negative. I stumbled on that place long ago while searching for an aircraft. Google brought up a lot of indirect stuff, That's where I read that there were hard feelings towards them for what they do..and how they go about it. I read that on a site in the UK somewhere.

I was merely posting what I'd found to let interested parties know (shrug)

I never heard of the site, but I hate to see a site close. I can understand fully that r/w stuff does take priority. Especially if one is off to go play with cars. But I have also seen this many times before and after a break of a few weeks, or a few months, or maybe even a year, the old simming bug will bite again, and they may return. More have left and made a come back, than those who have left forever.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I never heard of the site, but I hate to see a site close. I can understand fully that r/w stuff does take priority. Especially if one is off to go play with cars. But I have also seen this many times before and after a break of a few weeks, or a few months, or maybe even a year, the old simming bug will bite again, and they may return. More have left and made a come back, than those who have left forever.

Don
    I'm really not sorry to see this site go. They caused a lot of problems for many developers by uploading their own "repackaged" versions of aircraft without the developers permission, usually with files missing and other features altered.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

While I have been good at staying out of these sort of threads I'll make an exception here.
    That group was not only well known for questionable releases, but also for their attitude when called out for it. No sadness here on the closing of that site.

I guess they finally took down that file of mine when they closed. Good riddance.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Their calling dev's, "selfish aircraft designers" sums up their overall attitude.
    So who cares if they close up shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    I'm really not sorry to see this site go. They caused a lot of problems for many developers by uploading their own "repackaged" versions of aircraft without the developers permission, usually with files missing and other features altered.
    OK. I didn't know their history. Seeing this opinion in a couple of the replies here, perhaps there are some who should go and stay gone! I hate people who repackage stuff against the designer's wishes. I've been dealing with that lately, though not at NorCal.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Their calling dev's, "selfish aircraft designers" sums up their overall attitude.
    Attachment 23219
    C9G, If those are your legs, what's that bump? Never seen that in human legs before.

Well look who came out to play?! Piglet!

I guess they forgot to tell you huh? I'm out of this world....
    But if you REALLY want to know- Look up "Gastrocnemius & Soleus Muscles". Everyone has that "bump", even you. Sit on a chair, raise your leg off of the floor and flex your foot so it points to the floor, you should then see that same "bump".

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

http://www.justflight.com/microsoftc152.asp
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    Well look who came out to play?! Piglet!

I guess they forgot to tell you huh? I'm out of this world....
    But if you REALLY want to know- Look up "Gastrocnemius & Soleus Muscles". Everyone has that "bump", even you. Sit on a chair, raise your leg off of the floor and flex your foot so it points to the floor, you should then see that same "bump".

Hey I'm a fan of those legs!!! WOOOOHOOOOO! Let's not knock perfection
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    James:

That freebie is still available in some of the other bazaars. Have a look around. Failing that, PM me, since I have it (original, intact installer), and I'm sure the devs would approve of such a transfer.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

The other problem with NorCal Prop Club (besides using developers aircraft without their permission), was the absolutely terrible job they did of updating aircraft to work in FSX. I made the mistake of downloading their fix for the Antonov An-14 (before I knew it wasn't their own work) and was surprised by the inaccurate gauges they substituted for the non compliant ones.

I then downloaded the original aircraft and went to the trouble of designing custom gauges for it so that it looks and performs properly. NorCal Prop Club just hacked together their fixes and didn't even do them right! Respecting the original designers property, I have not uploaded my Antonov An-14 fixes to any sites.

Regards, Mike Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Attachment 23219
    C9G, If those are your legs, what's that bump? Never seen that in human legs before.

Looks like a calf muscle to me. I see them in the gym all of the time, and even have some of my own...although not quite as attractive. I guess people in the US who are in good shape are becoming the minority freaks of this day and age.

Was the site just closed? When I first opened the post, I had not noticed the previous date, but I noticed C9gal's name. Although I never did know the reason for her leaving SOH, I miss her contributions. Plus, when I went through my last divorce, she offered me support. This is all off topic, I know. Just wanted to say I appreciated her posts and friendship. NC