New @ the Paintshop.......

Thread: New @ the Paintshop.......

New @ the Paintshop.......

Hi Guys,

Just landed at the Paintshop...........

2 for our Canadian brethren (and anyone else, of course!)

Curtiss P-40K Warhawk, 111 Sqn, RCAF.
    This pack contains 2 skins for the superb Curtiss P-40E Warhawk v 2.0 by Krzysztof Malinowski representing aircraft of 111 Sqn, RCAF, based at Umnak in the Aleutians, North Pacific in September 1942.

The first aircraft (245 954, coded G), I have good pictorial evidence for. It was the mount of Flying Officer Gooding.

The second (245 933, coded D), I have had to take a WAG at (Wild-Assed Guess) as I have information connecting the S/No to the code, but can only guess at the spinner colour (grey seems to have been an alternative).

The pack includes a modified .air file, and aircraft.cfg file (description change only), plus 2 modified .dp files.

The first .dp is much the same as the original KM file. The change that I made was to substitute FDG weapons for the original CFS2 ones. There are 4 loadouts (Guns, Long Range, 250lb Bomb, and 500lb Bomb).

The second .dp (in the "Hot.dp" folder) has 4 additional loadouts, Mixed Bombload of 1x500lb, and 2x 250lb dropping either as 500lb, with the 250lb as a seperate selection, or all bombs in salvo, 250lb Bombs long Range, and 500lb bombs Long Range. I have no evidence for the last 4 loadouts, but they would be a straight forward field conversion.

Ultimately, the choice is yours - historical fact, or my warped imagination!!

Many thanks to Krzysztof Malinowski for the excellent original aircraft. Many thanks also to the guys at FDG, and Martin Wright for the superb weapons. I have also added exhaust effects using Merlin66's fine FX_YAS_exhaust.fx, so a big thank you to him

The link is..........

http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Po...s+Pages+page+2

Enjoy,

PomBee.:ernae:

Nice!!!

PomBee has added some beauties, over at the Paintshop!:ernae:

They really look great PB, I just got them. I have been checking the Paintshop every hour or so!

Reply...

PomBee,

Excellent work, these look fantastic! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Bluidy Fantastic!!.....

Hey PomBee! WOW! Thanks for your hard work, m'man. This is one cowboy who'll put those boids to work and make good use of 'em!

Cheers!:salute:
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

I knew the 'ol Shop was in Good Hands ! :salute:

Great stuff PB :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Beauty, eh?:salute::ernae:

Nice PomBee!
    Thank youuu...

The file I D/L yesterday was corrupt, but today it was all there.
    mariereid was right, these guys do like it better in the Pacific. Got the canopy open, tossed the quilted long underwear. :mixedsmi:

Now I just have to find his secret base.

Really though...good job.

Dave

Yes, after all that time freezing their butts off, they deserve it! For now we are enjoying the weather at Salamo. Shhh...:salute:

I have got to give the install another go, I have yet to get the "D" to show up. Hmm..."D", you should like that one!

Really great PomBee! Thanks a lot!

SOH-CM-2022
    Thanks PomBee,
    As a misplaced Canuck I really appreciate this sort of thing.

I have been meaning to tackle doing an Aleutian campaign for a long time, maybe this will kick me into gear.

Gavin

There is always this configuration, which is accurate.
    The data I have seen says a max weight of 2,000 pounds on three hardpoints.

"North Africa, c. 1943. A P-40 "Kittybomber" of No. 450 Squadron RAAF, loaded with six 250 lb (110 kg) bombs (Photographer: William Hadfield)"

Quote Originally Posted by PomBee View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just landed at the Paintshop...........

2 for our Canadian brethren (and anyone else, of course!)

Curtiss P-40K Warhawk, 111 Sqn, RCAF.
    This pack contains 2 skins for the superb Curtiss P-40E Warhawk v 2.0 by Krzysztof Malinowski representing aircraft of 111 Sqn, RCAF, based at Umnak in the Aleutians, North Pacific in September 1942.

The first aircraft (245 954, coded G), I have good pictorial evidence for. It was the mount of Flying Officer Gooding.

The second (245 933, coded D), I have had to take a WAG at (Wild-Assed Guess) as I have information connecting the S/No to the code, but can only guess at the spinner colour (grey seems to have been an alternative).

The pack includes a modified .air file, and aircraft.cfg file (description change only), plus 2 modified .dp files.

The first .dp is much the same as the original KM file. The change that I made was to substitute FDG weapons for the original CFS2 ones. There are 4 loadouts (Guns, Long Range, 250lb Bomb, and 500lb Bomb).

The second .dp (in the "Hot.dp" folder) has 4 additional loadouts, Mixed Bombload of 1x500lb, and 2x 250lb dropping either as 500lb, with the 250lb as a seperate selection, or all bombs in salvo, 250lb Bombs long Range, and 500lb bombs Long Range. I have no evidence for the last 4 loadouts, but they would be a straight forward field conversion.

Ultimately, the choice is yours - historical fact, or my warped imagination!!

Many thanks to Krzysztof Malinowski for the excellent original aircraft. Many thanks also to the guys at FDG, and Martin Wright for the superb weapons. I have also added exhaust effects using Merlin66's fine FX_YAS_exhaust.fx, so a big thank you to him

The link is..........

http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Po...s+Pages+page+2

Enjoy,

PomBee.:ernae:
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Kittybomber.

Wow, I've got to try and get that payload on the P-40!

Marieried spotted one fatal flaw in my planning, though. I forgot to tell you all to remove the .E from the model folder of the original aircraft. I think that you've all worked it out already.

Duh!!! Sorry.

PomBee.

Just downloaded them PB, they look great. Thank you!

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

Thanks for the kind words and support, everyone. I WILL get on to the SAAF Mohawk skins soon, but our emigration papers have now arrived from the Canadian High Commission, so it's panic-stations at Chez Brett as we desperately try to get rid of years of accumulated crap before we flee to distant shores!!

Cheers,

PomBee. :ernae:

Good luck!

Good luck with all that, PB.......hope to see ya over here really soon! Bon Voyage!

Revised .dp

Hi Guys,

I'm working on a revised .dp for the P-40, reflecting the information supplied by Devildog73. I've already added a loadout with 2 X 500lb, and a 1000lb bomb, and am trying to replicate the 6 X 250lb load.

Wish me luck!

PomBee.:salute:

PomBee, are you EVER satisfied with your creations? Always one more thing to add!! All I have flown is Canadian P-40s for about a week now! Thanks, again. :salute::ernae:

uh.......Rick?

There's a whole 'nuther world out there, man.

Members who have read this thread: 0