Vertigo Studios Bearcat Screens

Thread: Vertigo Studios Bearcat Screens

Vertigo Studios Bearcat Screens

:salute: Great Aircraft
    Well done to Dean and all concerned:ernae:
    Attachment 19718Attachment 19719Attachment 19720

Retired SOH Administrator
    Nice shots!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Nothing to do with Bearcat!

Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Nice shots!
    Thanks Moe, little something i did a while ago, having seen the c-130 in your sig
    Attachment 19721

Hmmm for some reason I love that first pic, don't know why just something about it

Charter Member 09
    The first picture there is no shine to the paint, the "Blue Angels" was not used on the Bearcats the the U.S. Naval Flight Exhibition Team flew and there was no extra frame in the canopy.
    These airplanes were Simonized. Waxed for you young fellows.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Very nice pictures of a well done bear

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    The first picture there is no shine to the paint, the "Blue Angels" was not used on the Bearcats the the U.S. Naval Flight Exhibition Team flew and there was no extra frame in the canopy.

Helldiver, it is shiney, its just not very noticeable in that particular shot due to the angle and lighting conditions. Check the frontal part of the wing, and you'll see where the wing changes in brightness due to reflecting the environment.

I think there is shine, or at least to the extent that FSX can model shine and reflectivity.

The name "Blue Angles" was applied to the Bearcats for the 1948 and 49 season, but those seasons also saw the leading edges of the wings, vertical, and horizontal stabilizers stripped of paint and polished.

As for the canopy, the F8F-1 series had a braceless canopy. The canopy brace was added during the production of the F8F-2. I guess this is another "oops", like the use of the P&W R-2800 B-series gear reduction case instead of the correct C-series case. Relatively minor details, but with all the input given and all the resources available today, one would think these things would have been seen before release.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

LOL!!!!!!!:ernae:

Helldiver
    The aircraft in all supplied paint schemes has a very high shine, this unfortunately doesn't come across in my first picture!
    This page http://aerobaticteams.net/Blue_Angels_F8F_Bearcat.html shows Bearcats with "Blue Angels" on one side of the cowling in some pictures and on both sides in others.
    I do not know about the frame in the canopy, nor do I have anything to do with Vertigo Studios other than being a satisfied customer who decided to do a couple of screenshots of their latest aircraft as it comes -'out of the box'
    ps.
    Further, i bow to those people who have more knowledge about the aircraft than i do and who have posted their comments.

Charter Member 09
    I worked on the USNFDT Bearcats in 1948 in the Flight Test Hanger and can tell you that there was no Blue Angels on the cowl.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

I worked on the USNFDT Bearcats in 1948 in the Flight Test Hanger and can tell you that there was no Blue Angels on the cowl.
    There are photos of them from that time on the site above, Bob. Maybe somebody forgot to take his Ginko?

Quote Originally Posted by ijay View Post
    Helldiver
    This page http://aerobaticteams.net/Blue_Angels_F8F_Bearcat.html shows Bearcats with "Blue Angels" on one side of the cowling in some pictures and on both sides in others.
    They probably put the scheme later on, because there are also many pictures that show no "Blue angels" on the cowl, either side.

So everybody is right in his own timeframe :-)

Cheers,
    Mark

Great shots no matter what was written where in what color or when.
    Love the bluest blue water.

Helldiver... Perhaps they added them after your time with the team?

Attachment 19773

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I think there is shine, or at least to the extent that FSX can model shine and reflectivity.

The name "Blue Angles" was applied to the Bearcats for the 1948 and 49 season, but those seasons also saw the leading edges of the wings, vertical, and horizontal stabilizers stripped of paint and polished.

As for the canopy, the F8F-1 series had a braceless canopy. The canopy brace was added during the production of the F8F-2. I guess this is another "oops", like the use of the P&W R-2800 B-series gear reduction case instead of the correct C-series case. Relatively minor details, but with all the input given and all the resources available today, one would think these things would have been seen before release.
    Oh well, maybe they will fix it later.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

Attachment 19773
    Now Listen.........I'm not trying to start any trouble here,but please,someone call the proper authoritys and inform them a 14yr old boy has stole and is in fact flying a late model WWII Aircraft!!!!

.......I'll get my hat!!!...........and find a door FAST!!...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

Attachment 19773

The other thing that is vedry evident here is the bare metal leading edges......hopefully we'll get a repaint depicting this paint scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Great shots no matter what was written where in what color or when.
    Love the bluest blue water.
    Thank you, I was just posting a couple of shots of what I thought was an excellent addition to my FSX hanger.

Members who have read this thread: 0