Vertigo Studios F8F Bearcat Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios F8F Bearcat Released

Charter Member 09
    I fought to make the tail hook wider, get the canopy to be in the right shape, get a real shine on the aircarft and to get a pilot that would fit.
    I never got them to abandon the back frame on the canopy. Although the many hundreds of F8-Fs I saw, - never had it.
    I suppose you can't win them all but I wish they would allow for the option of a frameless canopy for us purists.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

One of about a dozen things that needs to be fixed in the patch before I will feel that the aircraft is safe enough to fly. I have faith that they will take care of it though, they've done good work before.
    :salute::salute:

I bought the Bear today using paypal in vertigo site. But, i´m not granted option to download it until now. In other words, i can´t download the files or see the serial yet. The purchase is there, but without links. Just a "Available upon order completion" sign .... but it´s completed in paypal already.
    So, you guys that bought it before, is it normal this delay, or the links appeared automatically for you after paying as most of download content works?

It´s just a question, no big deal!!! :mixedsmi:
    Thanks.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Check your email for documents, keys, receipts, and instructions/links to download.

Yep, i recieve one email from them with a "Your Order at Vertigo Studios" only with the purchase order#, the order summary and my data. But no links to download the bear and no serial.

I think i´ll wait a bit more ... maybe paypal purchase needs a re-confirmation from them, who knows.

I´ll wait. Thanks!
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

try signing into your account page at Vertigo to see if there is a link for download.

Ahh... they updated my purchase page! Now the links are there.

Thanks mal998! :salute:

I think they approve each one by hand. Mine took about 4 or 5 hours..... I was worried about it too, but it all worked out.:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I fought to make the tail hook wider, get the canopy to be in the right shape, get a real shine on the aircarft and to get a pilot that would fit.
    I never got them to abandon the back frame on the canopy. Although the many hundreds of F8-Fs I saw, - never had it.
    I suppose you can't win them all but I wish they would allow for the option of a frameless canopy for us purists.
    Dont forget it has the wrong engine too, oh well it still looks like fun. I will wait until the updated patches come out to purchase.

I just uploaded two more paints:

VF-18

and VF-19

hope you enjoy them..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Why repainters post shots of their work here and not upload to the SOH libraries is ridiculous.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...ir-force-1482/

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I just uploaded two more paints:

VF-18

and VF-19

hope you enjoy them..
    WOW.....nuff said! Thank you sir.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Why repainters post shots of their work here and not upload to the SOH libraries is ridiculous.
    because the search function of the SOH libraries is ridiculous.
    I can not even find my own paints, except in the archives. I completely fail to see the point of a library where you can not find anything, sorry.

Nice shots, Zsolt, thank you!

edit: for comparison: 3 clicks give you a list all 475 of my paints in the archives. Now try and tell me how many I have in the new library....I have no idea
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I can not even find my own paints, except in the archives. I completely fail to see the point of a library where you can not find anything, sorry.

Good point. That needs to get fixed. The longer the wait to begin, the more work it is. I can't see anything relevant like that happening at this point.

I know, it's a complete waste of time and effort.....

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...ir-force-1482/
    Perhaps be glad its been uploaded at all. I know there's at least one guy out there who doesn't even share his work, except to say "look what I made, but you can't have it". Must be an ego trip of some kind. lol
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX260 216 710/2500MHz
    OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

Blog Entries
    Moving right along to something a bit more positive ...

Bruce, you did a lovely "what if" Royal Navy FAA paint for this bird ... can you (or anyone else_ please point me to where I can find that?

many thanks

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Bruce, you did a lovely "what if" Royal Navy FAA paint for this bird ... can you (or anyone else_ please point me to where I can find that?
    They can be found here....

http://downloads.flightsimfiles.com/package/7828

...but you need to register at that site to get them.
    Larry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    They can be found here....

http://downloads.flightsimfiles.com/package/7828

...but you need to register at that site to get them.
    Got it - many thanks!

dl

Does anyone else think the elevator effectivness needs tweaked? I find this can't turn very tight and I thought it was able too or is this just me?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I can only get 3.0 Gs at full pull and corner speed..... they are working on a pretty comprehensive patch. There are about a dozen things wrong with the Bearcat that need to be addessed before I will take it out of the hanger again.

Great aircraft with great potential, but unsafe to fly as it is now.

Try doing a loop with it and look at the way the G forces work.... you'll see what I mean.

Chris:salute:

Yeah I know what you mean chris but looking forward to the update!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Members who have read this thread: 2