Vertigo Studios F8F Bearcat Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios F8F Bearcat Released

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    skyhawka4m, the way to do the change to model to clean wing is to change the aircraft.cfg for that particular aircraft from title=VS F8F2 03 to title=VS F8FC 03 .

Bruce

Yes I understand that but.....lets say we are in mid flight and I get a bug up my butt and want to change paints.......I can't. It CTD's when I try that. Sporry if my previous post was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Link doesn't work
    This is the text:

"..with the hard work the painters put into the paintschemes, we're looking at offering the additional paints for a small fee so that the artist is rewarded for there hard work.

At present we have an additional 15 schemes that'll probably go on sale at $9.99 I guess its a small contribution for all the hard work they put in."

pretty good value I'd say!

Guys any problems you may encounter please direct them to our ticket support, it makes it easier for us to work through them in any future patches.

Jankees....I appreicate your paints each and every time I fly them. So with the additional paints we are now talking $45.00 for the Bearcat in all its glory....hmmmmm.

I know I do my paints for the enjoyment and in the spirit of sharing but I guess in todays world things are changing. I'll have to seriously think about the additional paints idea.....

Jankess, my guess is the paint kit will not be released so they can market the paints they already have done....or maybe the kit will come with the paints?

Stop it folks..

The paintkit will be available to everyone.

Jankees, Mal..

I have no idea where you have come up with the assumption that there will be no paintkit released. Times like this when people jump to conclusions does nothing but leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths.

The only thing I was offering was the chance for painters to make money from selling there paints via our store. To my recollection there has been '2' artists contact me in regards to the paintkit.

At this moment in time, this thread started out fairly nice, good comments and feedback and then it spiralled back down to fullers earth.

I'd like to thank those that took the time to post constructive comments and feedback, its greatly appreciated.

..end transmission.

Blog Entries
    It won't sit well with this consumer...but then I do have the option of buying or not! This really makes me appreciate you guys who do this work so beautifully for free.
    Ted

I do believe the aircraft is worth the price so don't let my negative feelings about the paints for pay distort what a beautiful work of art the aircraft is!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Dean,
    With all due respect, I never said a word about the paint kit. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding or miscommunication regarding the additional paints.

I agree this thread is about the release of the Bearcat and this discussion should be left for another time and thread.

I have removed my offending posts.

BR's
    mal

no worries Dean!
    It just that when we get an announcement about extra paints for money, releasing a paintkit might not be a good business plan, so I asked about it, and rambled on a bit.
    But my ramblings are gone...

Nice bird btw, did I mention that?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post

The only thing I was offering was the chance for painters to make money from selling there paints via our store.
    LOL - you were joking - right?

Sorry guys I no longer wish to be part of something that can be so destructive, it really doesn't make no sense to me at all.

For future announcements please drop by our forums, for product support please use the ticket support system provided.

How do you turn on the gunsight? I have read the through the manual and seem to be missing the part where it says how to power it up.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Sorry guys I no longer wish to be part of something that can be so destructive, it really doesn't make no sense to me at all.

For future announcements please drop by our forums, for product support please use the ticket support system provided.
    Dean, I think there was a misunderstanding, and a bit of a "jump to conclusion" by a couple of people. Those people have deleted their posts in an attempt to "make things right" here in this thread. We appreciate the hard work you guys have done with this fine ship! Please don't let it spoil the good feelings that they and all of us have conveyed with this release. Well done on the "Beercat"! I plan to get it "soon-ishly"
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    How do you turn on the gunsight? I have read the through the manual and seem to be missing the part where it says how to power it up.
    there is a small dial just below the reticle that responds to right and left mouse clicks.

Is there another place to buy the bearcat other then Vertigo Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    there is a small dial just below the reticle that responds to right and left mouse clicks.
    The manual indicates the dial changes settings for the gunsight. When I put my mouse over it indicates that the gunsight if off. I click on it but no power to the sight. Just can't turn the darn thing on.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Um..didnt the F8F bearcat come with a P&W R-2800 "C" series engine? that would be the one with the two piece nose case? am I looking too closely?http://www.airliners.net/photo/Grumm...b0e54aec290940

Quote Originally Posted by oakfloor View Post
    Um..didnt the F8F bearcat come with a P&W R-2800 "C" series-57 engine? that would be the one with the two piece nose case? am I looking too closely?
    In my opinion, yes. It's a cartoon airplane...a very nice looking one with animations that you can control...but still a cartoon airplane none-the-less. Don't take it so seriously. That's what my wife keeps telling me when I get all excited about a sim plane or a skin I do for one. It's all just a cartoon, not real life.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeanO, two guys go off half-cocked on an assumption and you abandon the whole forum? That's disappointing.

FYI, I'd have never known about your planes if it wasn't from Sim-Outhouse. I've bought the Hellcat, I'll probably buy the Bearcat (not sure I'll fly it $36 worth), and I'll definitely buy the Panther (and any other 50's jets you release!).

This is the Internet. Anything that's not heavily moderated on the Internet is at least 20% half-cocked bitching about things. And anyone who's braved the Intarwebs for more than a few months (or days) knows this and can tune out the unreasonable or unfounded content.

So please realize your presence on Sim-Outhouse results in sales for you, and it's hardly a toxic environment as far as the Internet goes. (I'd suggest you go read the neogaf gaming forums if you want to see negativity! Even with rivet counting and suppositions, this is still one of the friendliest forums on the net.)

Stick around, ignore or politely counter the unreasonable posts when they happen, and enjoy the 80%+ that is flight sim enthusiasm here.

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    LOL - you were joking - right?
    That is Nutts, Deano, it about the only thing us for want of better words but "Pro simmers" have is the repaints for free. I personally spent thousands of pounds on models and scenery not even including what we have to spend even to run this sim at a high level! No disrespect intended to you or Vertigo Deano, but some of the best repaints ever made for models were 3rd party and free, denying us that right is well a sin in my book mate!

Just my two pence!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    (not sure I'll fly it $36 worth),
    I think it is important to note that Vertigo Studios prices have not changed. The price you are seeing is a product of the exchange rate.

My read is that Deano has not abandoned SOH but just excluded himself from any further discussion on the topic that had generated some off topic comments.

Dave
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Peter;

Repaint will be available, free repaints will be available. Nothing to worry about.

Master of Disaster
    It's unbelievable what this community has become lately. I'm very disapointed with some peoples attitudes. Frankely I don't even know why add-on creators even bother anymore. People think they're getting rich doing what they do.

The reality is they do it because they love to and they'll never become rich in the process. The vendors have the right to place what ever price they see fit on their creation. They determine the time and effort that went into a project and place a value on it. If we don't like it we don't have to buy it!

Please, next time you go to work and the boss asks you to do some extra work tell him you'll do it for free! Because why should anyone be rewarded for extra effort and time. As if that will ever happen!

We're the lucky ones!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Blog Entries
    That Bearcat is nothing short of AMAZING!!!!!! That one is definitely on my list of TO GET!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam