Next Generation Core i7 is HOT

Thread: Next Generation Core i7 is HOT

Blog Entries

Next Generation Core i7 is HOT

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks for the link Ted
    Have you had a chance to compare the new i7 965 Exteme Edition chip to the QX9770? I've been reading conflicting performance reports and would be extremely interested to find out how they'd fare in the real world (gaming @ 2560x1600).
    I think that it's time for me to sell my QX9650 system and maybe the QX9770 chip too before prices fall through the floor. I'll most likely wait till the New Year before I go i7, however.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Thanks for the link Ted
    Have you had a chance to compare the new i7 965 Exteme Edition chip to the QX9770? I've been reading conflicting performance reports and would be extremely interested to find out how they'd fare in the real world (gaming @ 2560x1600).
    I think that it's time for me to sell my QX9650 system and maybe the QX9770 chip too before prices fall through the floor. I'll most likely wait till the New Year before I go i7, however.
    It was not available for testing while I was there but I can tell you that James at TechCorp is pretty enthused about all of the i7 Cores except the 920 stock-he said it was a better core after being oc'd 15% or better. He never got back with me on the Extreme core. I will see them in a week when I head down to San Antonio and report back.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks Ted....i'm lusting after the i7 965EE :d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I expected bigger differences between the QX9770 and the i975EE...

Well, at least I know now that my "QX9770" will serve me well a while longer - at least until the i7 hardware learned to play together and the software and OS starts benifiting from the i7s advantages.

Lightbulb

Ah....
    And thus preparation now begins for FSXI....:mixedsmi:

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Ah....
    And thus preparation now begins for FSXI....:mixedsmi:
    Not me, I am preparing to be able to run the current sim maxed with real weather. I'll deal with FX11, when it hits the shelves, LOL :d