Falcon 50 in FSX - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Falcon 50 in FSX

Now I remember why I haven't finished my repaints this bird :isadizzy: I've got some Canadian Falcons in the works for vonstroheim too

What a great job you've done on the old falcon

Many Thanks vonstroheim Well done

Added smoke to her but its all out of wack smoke is not coming from engine isn;t there a fix about smoke and plus's and minus's

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    Attachment 23563Attachment 23561Attachment 23562Attachment 23564

So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?
    Hello

I have a bit of an VC issue

Admitedly I "modernize" the panel by using differen ATT and HSI-->just I have the issue that they show only when lights are off,once i turn on the original aguges reappear,although not in the panel .cfg

Anybody any idea about this

Best regards

Roland

Added smoke to her but its all out of wack smoke is not coming from engine isn;t there a fix about smoke and plus's and minus's
    You need to switch around the smoke coordinates in the air.cfg as with other FSX port overs. If you don't know how to do this I can post my cfg entries later.

I have the issue that they show only when lights are off,once i turn on the original aguges reappear,although not in the panel .cfg
    Not 100% it's the same issue as yours, but there seems to have always been from the start a "known issue" - in my VC's (I have both analogue and digital) the gauges which I have myself added in the VC (by changing the panel.cfg entries) do NOT appear UNLESS I switch the interior lights on. Bit strange, but I have got used to it.

Is this the same or are you having the opposite problem - i.e. your add on gauges will only appear with the lights switched OFF?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Daytime / nighttime texture for VC cockpit in Falcon 50 FSX

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    ... they show only when lights are off...
    In panel.cfg, you must copy all the changes made in [VCockpit01] section to the [VCockpit03] section. [VCockpit01] is intended for the day panel textures, [VCockpit03] is the night textures.

Same with [VCockpit02] and [VCockpit04], this is the right copilot side, day/night...

So it's just a matter of copy/paste the gauges lines from [VCockpit01] to [VCockpit03], and [VCockpit02] to [VCockpit04]. Hope this is clear enough... This is a very clever trick and I believe Fred Banting is the one who designed this part. And Lavigne made the four day/night & left/right textures I just recycled.

In the aircraft.cfg, you do have a "lights" section you can play with, but for other purposes (mostly light effects inside and outside the plane). My "lights" section is like this. You might have some differences, depending on which Falcon you found online or in your archives...

[LIGHTS]
    light.0 = 3, -7.7, -31.2, -2.1, fx_navred
    light.1 = 3, -7.7, 31.2, -2.1, fx_navgre
    light.2 = 2, -8, 31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
    light.3 = 2, -8, -31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
    light.4 = 1, -25.2, 0.00, 17.7, fx_beaconh
    light.5 = 3, -24.2, 0.00, 8.37, fx_navwhih
    light.6 = 2, 4.61, 0.00, -3.62, fx_beaconb
    light.7 = 5, 11.45, -2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
    light.8 = 5, 11.45, 2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
    light.9 = 4, 24.50, 1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
    light.10= 4, 24.50, -1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
    light.11= 4, 19.00, -0.30, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.12= 4, 14.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.13= 4, 10.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.14= 4, 6.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.15= 4, 0.80, -0.00, 1.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.16= 4, 22.90, -0.70, 2.7, fx_vclight_f50

The story behind the smoke screen

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    ...smoke is not coming from engine...
    Well I'm not too sure how to fix this, but this is an aircraft.cfg issue and it might also be related to a xml gauge in the panel, not included in my version. But I have to backtrack a bit about the history of this plane:

The fs2000 version was upgraded to fs2002 by the original authors. So far so good. For the fs9 migration around 2004, the gmax files were handed over to some people, like n4gix (read his earlier posts in this thread) and also to Eric Dantès a french guy who finalized the fs9 version and made it available via the FranceVFR web site. This version is really very nice, Eric added most of the animations and all the goodies around the plane (the famous red carpet is his signature, try it yourself: stop the engine, open the door and turn the lights on). FranceVFR decided to scrap their freeware section because of too much abuse, and now they sell wonderful VFR scenery covering all of France and parts of Europe as well (they have planes and AI too). And Eric's version unfortunatly became harder and harder to find, and his name is almost never mentioned, it's a pity. Not sure this story is 100% acurate, but I'm afraid the real story might even be darker...

Martyn Becker is a famous german simmer, and he did some work with the lights and the smoke effects for this plane and other ones as well. Some versions of the Falcon 50 still floating around the web have a different aircraft.cfg file, and I suppose these are the one updated by Martyn: There is a smoke_effekt xml gauge in the panel (only in the 2d panel). I think it still works, and you have additionnal fx files to go along, but you'll have to monkey around by yourself depending on the version you have... I'd like to see how expat moved the smoke back to where is it supposed to be!

This should sort you out. You need to juxtapose two of the three x,y,z coordinates (can never remember which two) for the settings in FS9 to work correctly in FSX. Otherwise the smoke appears at 90 degress to how it should: -

[SMOKESYSTEM]
    smoke.0=-33.00, -8.50, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//
    smoke.1=-36.00, 0.00, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//
    smoke.2=-33.00, 8.50, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//

Ludovic,

Thanks for the pointer on the VC panel.cfg entries - off to sort out my digital panel.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Sorry - to be clear - just cut and paste the entries above as they are into your air.cfg over your old entries (or comment out if you want to save). You don't need to do anything further.

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    In panel.cfg, you must copy all the changes made in [VCockpit01] section to the [VCockpit03] section. [VCockpit01] is intended for the day panel textures, [VCockpit03] is the night textures.

Same with [VCockpit02] and [VCockpit04], this is the right copilot side, day/night...

So it's just a matter of copy/paste the gauges lines from [VCockpit01] to [VCockpit03], and [VCockpit02] to [VCockpit04]. Hope this is clear enough... This is a very clever trick and I believe Fred Banting is the one who designed this part. And Lavigne made the four day/night & left/right textures I just recycled.

In the aircraft.cfg, you do have a "lights" section you can play with, but for other purposes (mostly light effects inside and outside the plane). My "lights" section is like this. You might have some differences, depending on which Falcon you found online or in your archives...

[LIGHTS]
    light.0 = 3, -7.7, -31.2, -2.1, fx_navred
    light.1 = 3, -7.7, 31.2, -2.1, fx_navgre
    light.2 = 2, -8, 31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
    light.3 = 2, -8, -31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
    light.4 = 1, -25.2, 0.00, 17.7, fx_beaconh
    light.5 = 3, -24.2, 0.00, 8.37, fx_navwhih
    light.6 = 2, 4.61, 0.00, -3.62, fx_beaconb
    light.7 = 5, 11.45, -2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
    light.8 = 5, 11.45, 2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
    light.9 = 4, 24.50, 1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
    light.10= 4, 24.50, -1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
    light.11= 4, 19.00, -0.30, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.12= 4, 14.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.13= 4, 10.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.14= 4, 6.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.15= 4, 0.80, -0.00, 1.05, fx_vclight_f50
    light.16= 4, 22.90, -0.70, 2.7, fx_vclight_f50
    Thanks got it in the meanwhile-->did not thimk about that-->but as often quoted-->it comes a long way

And still is very nice

Roland

Falcon 50 FSX panel - first update

G'day everybody. Small update to fix the autopilot and add some switches in the overhead. No big deal but more usable. It's here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...39&linkid=2949

Attachment 24012

Thanks for the good feedback! So far it's pretty encouraging. Even Fred Banting said he liked it... Thank you Fred.

PS: I've included my aircraft.cfg file for those who have trouble flying the plane. Seems to me the version they have at the swiss virtualairforce web site is a bit wrong in the flight dynamics department. The version I have is the official one from the Eric Dantès upgrade back in 2005. It works just fine. Merci Eric.

Thanks for this update. Nice to have the additional Overhead Panel switches working now!

Blank PSD Textures For Falcon 50

In case you're looking for it:

Attachment 24098

"FS2002 Blank PSD Textures For Falcon 50 by Danie Delport" - blfal50.zip file at flightsim.com

Falcon 50 FSX panel update, again

Small update to the panel: missing gauges added, autopilot fixed, anti-ice switches added, start engine switch fixed (Lee is going to like that: you can start each engine separatly, beginning with engine 2, just like in the real life... but don't forget to switch off the start buttons when N1 reaches 20% or more...)

New link to add-ons library:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...39&linkid=2986

Attachment 24250

What next: rudder/aileron trim switches, maybe more switches in the overhead panel, etc...

Falcon 50 FSX panel: Final version coming soon

This thread is pretty quiet but don't worry I didn't gave up! This last trim gauge is a real headache... but in a fews days I'll upload the final public package at Simviation...

So far feedback was very good and very helpful. The panel was downloaded 161 times, that's great for a limited beta version!
    Link to the add-ons library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...39&linkid=2986

Some simmers sent me some nice screenshots of their favourite location with the Falcon, I enjoy that a lot. Here is a flight from NTTR to NTTB in French Polynesia:

Attachment 24611Attachment 24612Attachment 24614

A guy even made some serious test flights and recorded fuel consumption and such things, and so far everything is ok! More news very soon...

FSX Falcon 50 panel update 4

Again a new update to the panel today: trim gauge ready (but still a bit crude) and various small fixes. This is going to be very close to the final release, unless you guys tell me something is quite wrong... It's a small zip file, you should install it anyway:

Attachment 24658 Attachment 24659 Attachment 24660

What's new: autopilot relocated next to ADI (the complete autopilot panel is in the console, like in the real thing). Functionnal trim gauge next to speed brake handle and flaps lever. Added some radio gauges (ADF, ATC). One autostart engine (orange) switch and 3 individual (white) start engine switches in the overhead panel.

Temple Inland Forest N77TE repaint by Brad Baker (fsdome.com).
    FSX New Caledonia scenery by Marc-Henri Guitteny (marcoh.gratisim.fr).

sorry: bug in the 4:3 panel.cfg (fixed now). It should read:
    [Window00]
    file=panel.bmp
    size_mm=1024,768

Just a Question but the interior lights put the pilot & co pilot in the cockpit now they do no show unless the throddle is half

Test pilot: dangerous game...

Mmmm that's very strange... Mine is working ok when I use the "L" key (all lights on), but with the individual light switches in the overhead, pilots don't show, that's indeed a bug, I'll see what I can do... Sorry... That's what beta releases are for! Thanks to the courageous test pilots!

Edit: I've attached the event "ALL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE" to the cabin (interior) light switch, and now the crew appears with the flick of a switch... I don't think this has something to do with the throttle position... Maybe during a long flight, the day turned into the twilight, and since the lights are programmed to turn on automatically, the crew popped into position from nowhere... Typical X-file effect I would say... or Twilight Zone... Dangerous game for sure!

Attachment 24674

New switch in next release...

Smoke system: crew acting funky

I think I know why your plane crew is acting funky. You might be using Martin Becker smoke system gauge, or a similar smoke trick (Nick's Smoke maybe) and these xml gauges do trigger lights based on throttle position... So disable or fix these gauges. Or use my aircraft.cfg file, which is very close to the original one, without smoke effects and with proper flight dynamics.

Falcon 50 FSX: Ready to fly?

Ive just uploaded what I believe is the last beta version of the panel...

Attachment 24740

Guess it's time to let it fly, and stop tweaking it again and again... Enjoy!

Very nice work you've done :salute: here

Thank you

Very nice work you've done :salute: here

Thank you
    Really want to second that. This is a great update and very much appreciated. Probably too late now but should have recommended this one as a "sticky" so more would notice what has been achieved.

. . also hope to see some of the talented artists doing some contemporary repaints, particularly with the painkit available and posted in this thread . .

Falcon 50 FSX: Overhead revamped + various goodies

News update: Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt , a retired "Instrumentation and Controls Eng'r" with a background in airborne weapons control radar and avionics is joining the team, and his work on the overhead and other instruments is simply too good to pass!

Attachment 25076

So in a few days we'll be able to post a new version (again) with all these goodies... maybe for x-mas? But there is no dealine remember... no need to hurry, and no boss to complain!

The next (and last, I hope) logical step would be to publish the complete Falcon 50 FSX package... It's not as easy as it looks like, if you want to do it the right way, and without "stepping on any toes"... Hope a new repaint will pop up from somewhere too!

Members who have read this thread: 5