Falcon 50 in FSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcon 50 in FSX

Made for flying

Update: No EPR gauge in a Falcon! No wonder it didn't work. So I'm reworking the engine gauge setup. Philippe sent me today a nice Oil temperature/pressure combination, thanks!. Then I'll relocate the AP... and will take it for a spin!

Attachment 23387

VSI is back where it is supposed to be...

Attachment 23388

Detailing - avionics, in the cockpit and cabin ..

Replaced the "Welcome" plaque on the forward right bulkhead with a likeness of an AirshoFlightView video screen, found on most of the larger corporate jets which provides flight tracking and video entertainment.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Vonstroheim and Expat, I like how you guys are both working on two panel styles. One more in keeping with the original and one modernized with some glass instrument upgrades. It's going to be really cool to have the option to fly one or the other, or both.

Was there ever a paint kit made for this aircraft?
    :ernae:

Thanks Frank. Yes there is a paint kit I believe on flightsim. Would be great if people with painting talent here did some further "continuation" paints of this one. Lots of more contemporary paint schemes of this aircraft on airliners.net.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Replaced the "Welcome" plaque on the forward right bulkhead with a likeness of an AirshoFlightView video screen, found on most of the larger corporate jets which provides flight tracking and video entertainment.
    Unless my memory has really slipped, there was a "gauge" in that space. If so, you could easily put a customized "moving map" display based on the default GPS...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Shameless plagiarism of an eight year old paint by Ron Hamilton (Ron, if you are out there, apologies for not seeking permission - but this 8 year old paint has held up well - thanks!!) of the Archer Daniels corporate jet. Have done a number or alternatives for my own use simply using - shamelessly as well - MS Paint.

<HR align=center SIZE=2 width=600>

<CENTER>FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft </CENTER><CENTER>FS2002 Dassault Falcon 50

</CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: n144ad.zip Size: 1,514,111 Date: 08-04-2002 Downloads: 744
    FS2002 Dassault Falcon 50 textures. By Ron Hamilton. (See also N144ADNT.ZIP)

Is this the correct Alt/VSI config in the attached screenie below? I am fooling around with three different panel versions: analogue - like vonstrohiem's; fully digital a la Collins Pro line on the 50EX; and in between as per below, using F1 PC-12 EADI/EHSI.

<LEGEND> Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>

Ha ha, had just started repainting way back then and those old F50 repaints bring back memories.
    Had a discussion w/Rob Young a few years back about Eaglesoft rebuilding that aircraft for FSX.
    He was supportive of the idea then but we've had too much on our plates to get to it.

Who knows, maybe we'll get some time to at least start on it in 2011.:cost1:
    Best Regards,
    Ron Hamilton

Unless my memory has really slipped, there was a "gauge" in that space. If so, you could easily put a customized "moving map" display based on the default GPS...
    Went to bed last night thinking, "if only there could be a way to animiate it. ." and then read this!

What a great lead - thanks. Right, back into the workshop . .

Hmmm. Don't see anything obvious in the gauge file. Can't see anything in the manual/docs that indicates this space can be manipulated, i.e. by a gauge. But there is something in the way the texture looks that it could be ..

Despite intensive research and best intentions...

Added flaps and speed brake levers... and some autopilot knobs and switches in the console...

Attachment 23456

No news from Fred Banting and Yannick Lavigne. God knows I'm trying hard to reach them! Rob Young did reply... Any tips? We might publish this panel anyway (almost ready) and add this note along with the files:

"Despite intensive research and best intentions, it was not possible to reach some rights holders of this aircraft. We ask holders of such rights who feel they have not been properly acknowledge to please contact us."

Do you think that should take care of the copyright issue? What else can be done? What are the real risks, if any?

Hmmm. Don't see anything obvious in the gauge file. Can't see anything in the manual/docs that indicates this space can be manipulated, i.e. by a gauge. But there is something in the way the texture looks that it could be ..
    Apparently my memory is more shot through with holes than I realized. I finally found my "Falcon 50" on one of my oldest "FS Machines" in my LAN and opened the panel.cfg file. There isn't anything there, as you've discovered.

Oh well, sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase! :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    . . . . ."Despite intensive research and best intentions, it was not possible to reach some rights holders of this aircraft. We ask holders of such rights who feel they have not been properly acknowledge to please contact us."

Do you think that should take care of the copyright issue? What else can be done? What are the real risks, if any?
    Considering the longevity of this airplane, you'd have to consider that some of the original designers have either passed on or at least have left the Flight Sim community for other endeavors. You have made a gallant effort to contact everyone who participated in it's early release and so the disclaimer above should suffice on the off chance that someone will miraculously reappear after all these years the instant this is released (isn't that always the way it happens, lol).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Considering the longevity of this airplane, you'd have to consider that some of the original designers have either passed on or at least have left the Flight Sim community for other endeavors. You have made a gallant effort to contact everyone who participated in it's early release and so the disclaimer above should suffice on the off chance that someone will miraculously reappear after all these years the instant this is released (isn't that always the way it happens, lol).
    I concur. As long as you...

1) acknowledge in the documentation the work of others that is included (and use only freeware items) and
    2) don't make any money from it

... you are covered.

That was the base rule of the FreeFlightDesign Shop when I and a handful of others started it years ago -- always credit the original author and don't make any money from it.

Newsbreak

Fred Banting replied today! Thanks guys! One more left...

Attachment 23503

Anybody has seen such an autopilot ? What are these knobs and switches do?
    Mr Sicard, you might have an idea...

Triple green light at last

Mr Lavigne replied at last, and gave us the ultimate green light for this panel fix. Thank you sir. So with Fred and Rob earlier approvals, we're ready to roll!

Attachment 23563Attachment 23561Attachment 23562Attachment 23564

So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?

(This Aéronavale repaint is my own variation of the one made by Martial from frenchairforce.fr... Anybody interested in creating a brand new repaint?)

. . . . .So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?. . . . .
    Yes, despite some inherent problems with the downloads area, it's still quicker I think than flightsim.com or Avsim. Also, will this upload be the entire airplane or just the panel beta? If it doesn't include the entire airplane, where can we download the aircraft as you show it in your pics?:salute:

Current System Specs:

I would, if at all possible, like the fact of downloading the whole package as one entity rather than having to mess with a recipe :ernae:

Panel only

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Also, will this upload be the entire airplane or just the panel beta?
    No, just the panel and panel textures made with the help of the André the real mastermind behind this trick, and the xml gauges made with the invaluable help of Philippe Wallaert...

Anybody interested in creating a brand new repaint?
    I think the least I could do to thank you for doing more than I ever imagined would be done to this plane is to do a repaint or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Falcon 50 FSX take off scheduled tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by simkid22 View Post
    I think the least I could do to thank you for doing more than I ever imagined would be done to this plane is to do a repaint or two.
    Wow, thank you!

I'll upload the panel tomorrow in the Add-Ons library, hope I'll figure out how to do it!

Wow, thank you!

I'll upload the panel tomorrow in the Add-Ons library, hope I'll figure out how to do it!
    And if anyone still needs the base aircraft you can get it via the red links at the bottom of the page linked to below. (At least visit their page first rather than linking directly from here to their server to download :salute It's a cumulative process. Start with the "Fal50c2.zip" base model. Add the "Fa50pch2.zip" fix pak. And finally the FS2004 update. And then the FSX panel updates.

http://www.virtualairforce.ch/index....afts&Itemid=59

Outstanding work on all this vonstroheim!

Falcon 50 FSX Panel in the S.O.H. Add-Ons Library

Thank you Frank, and thank you to all the people involved who helped me find the original authors (the hardest part!) and supported this modest project.

Here it is! Version 0.9 beta...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...39&linkid=2949

It' really no big deal, you should see the panel Isra have made from scratch for the F-5 Tiger and released last week after working on it 5 years!

Anyway, next step is polishing a bit the Falcon panel for a final release, and maybe some new repaints will materialize, and revised flight dynamics might be in the works...

Falcon 50 in FSX

Thanks for the re-birth of this wonderful aircraft!

I installed it and works fine in FSX!

Many thanks to all involved in this project!

Regards

Edmundo

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    And if anyone still needs the base aircraft you can get it via the red links at the bottom of the page linked to below. (At least visit their page first rather than linking directly from here to their server to download) It's a cumulative process. Start with the "Fal50c2.zip" base model. Add the "Fa50pch2.zip" fix pak. And finally the FS2004 update. And then the FSX panel updates.
    Just an addendum to my note above (can't seem to edit it to make the change) but the Falcon50_2k4.zip download gives you all you need before adding vonstroheim's v0.9 beta panel. You do not need to install the Fal50c2.zip" base model or the "Fa50pch2.zip fix pak.

I am not normally a Business Jet or Tubeliner pilot, but your work on this panel has made me a fan of the Falcon50. It will be a permanent part of my active Hangar. Well Done!!:salute:

Current System Specs:

This plane will be a great addition to my FSX hangar, right next to the default Learjet (yes, I love it) and Alrot's Citation X.
    Thanks a lot :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 7