X-Plane 10 preview pictures
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Plane 10 preview pictures

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It appears that Austin has introduced bump mapping into the works..

Nice Shuttle!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Blog Entries
    I've been doing some of the beta testing...there are some real surprises coming up
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

http://xplanescenery.blogspot.com/20...ion-video.html

Take a look at these videos. Lighting in X-Plane 10 will be the best. Finally someone implemented deferred shading to a simulator

I'm FSX believer, but I'm going to buy X-Plane 10 without question.

I have been watching the various announcements with interest. The initial price may cause me to wait a while for purchase though. $80 is the initial list price. XP9 descended in price over time, and I expect XP10 will as well though.

Blog Entries
    Typical! I just bought XP-9.

I hope 10 is better. I was disappointed with XP-9. I never thought I would ever say FSX has spoiled me but, I think it has.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    I am working on the beta team for XP 10 and while I like the improvements they are making...it's gonna hard for them to make me take FSX off my computer! PNW and some of the latest planes coming for FSX have just ruined me for XP. I will say that Austin is listening to FSXers and there are a ton of new improvements...however you better have a powerful computer to see the eye-candy

Blog Entries
    That is the way I felt Ted. It was like going back to FS2000, as far as aircraft graphics were concerned. And the scenery????? It doesn't even match the real location.

I was really disappointed.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    OOP is really making a GRAPHIC difference-great teamwork on X-Plane's part as of this writing!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I hear they are going to try to release in late November, early December.

I hope they dont rush it. May it release polished, precision fine, shiny, and running exceptionally smooth...! (my blessing).

Any feedback on it? Anything on the AI traffic? I know that is in the works.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Any feedback on it? Anything on the AI traffic? I know that is in the works.
    I like the direction XPlane10 is going, with one exception. AI planes will use the same FM as player, and each of AI planes will run on separate core. While this is very important in combat sims, wasting so much resources to AI planes in civilian sim is ridiculous. Austin said he can run 20 AI planes on his 16core (!) computer. I can run more on my 2core in FSX.

Blog Entries
    No one has a complete piece of X-Plane 10 but so far I'm not very impressed with how AI is handled by a quad core. I do like the look and sound of his AI aircraft however! The planes still feel like they are attached like plumb bob on a surveyor's instrument! I was a active every week pilot for 12 years and I still don't see how these people can say it feels like the real thing. If any of the aircraft I flew acted like this I would have quit flying!
    Ted

Blog Entries
    Just got my second pack of beta and things are looking up folks. I doubt if it will replace FSX for me but this is looking more and more like a keeper.
    Ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-5-boe6QCY

X-Plane 10 with new audio
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvIMT...eature=related

A Space Shuttle? A little late to the party are we not? Although the X-15, B-52 drop was quite stunning.

d

I have a fuuny feeling that by the time it gets to XP20, it will blow FSX out of the water. Looks like improvements are coming by leaps and bounds. Might wake up MS too and get them started on a new FS.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully by then we will have equipment that runs the new Microsoft Flight...XP20 LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerosoft
    Tuesday, 15.03.2011

Aerosoft to support X-Plane

Seen the video Austin released of X-Plane 10? Pretty amazing stuff, right? But to be honest we already knew because we have been meeting with Austin about that new version. We are so enthusiastic that we decided to start spending more attention to it. Some of the projects that are started right now will be released for FS and X-Plane. It’s a good example of how Aerosoft is exploring new markets. And of course we already stock some of the best aircraft for X-Plane!
    LINK: Trailer video.
    I won´t see your signature.

Your Thoughts Ted

Ted,

What are your thoughts of the trailer since you have been involved with testing of X-plane 10?

I get the impression its an improvement over 9 but will it be a huge leap forward to modern day graphical expectations?

Jake

Blog Entries
    Here is the problem...I can't really tell. No one has all of XP-10 to test at least I don't think they do. I like what I see happening but to me (my opinion) FSX with all the new addons like FTX and Accusim run circles around X-Plane. It requires a really fast computer just like FSX to see all the eye-candy too!

I am glad to see companies that write for Microsoft getting involved but Mathias is nuts if he things X-Plane 10 is the end all do all simulator. There are still plenty of problems to get past to make it what it needs to be graphically. The trailer above is really pitiful!
    Ted

Don't get me wrong I want X-Plane 10 to be AWESOME, but I make the staff mad when I point out their deficiencies!

Understood

Thanks Ted,

Right now I am glad to see both X-plane and MSFS moving forward. Look forward to more information concerning X-plane.

Blog Entries
    Me too! I hope X-Plane 10 is so good that Microsoft has work harder to keep up with their new Microsoft Flight.

Members who have read this thread: 2